Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This GRFL threak is a ****ing joke! About as boring as watching Rahul Dravid bat! Let's talk some actual footy about the league, no whats ifs and maybes!! Murrabit will go back to back for sure!

Moula hav gone quiet, wat is actually happnin out there ? Hav they started trainin yet, if so wat r numbers like, any new recruits trainin, new coach any good, is he pointin them in rite direction or just the same ol-same ol, or is it just all early hype out there? Wat is Nalder doin?

I used to play for Oak Park in the EDFL. Along time ago now. But, I still have a big interest in ensuring the club does well and trying to get as many good players to the club as possible and I can assure all that they won't stuff the boys around. So if someone has any of their numbers that'd great as it does sound like Moula aint got the money to get them back. Good news for the rest of the comp up that way and Moula will finish where i stated about fifth.

Or if the rumours aren't true with Moula I want to know why they haven't signed the boys? By the looks of things on this website the Moula personell have gone to sleep and don't reply with anything to state what is really happening with that club. Maybe their a bit worried to say stuff this yr knowing they won't be the dominant side they thought they would be by buying players.
just a quiery how would you know if they have signed the boys or not, and if you wanted their numbers I feel you are already in contact with them as you know them pretty well. LOL
But you are correct they are guns all of them give you everything Sanders and Logan dominant in the guts and the rest of them around the ground. Excellent on and off the field great bunch of blokes, dont panic about Moula finances we aren't going over board just negotiating well.Things are tight everywhere but shit happens and at the end of the day we just have to get on with the job. All of us and stop guessing about rumours it's footy not Netball :eek:

I used to play for Oak Park in the EDFL. Along time ago now. But, I still have a big interest in ensuring the club does well and trying to get as many good players to the club as possible and I can assure all that they won't stuff the boys around. So if someone has any of their numbers that'd great as it does sound like Moula aint got the money to get them back. Good news for the rest of the comp up that way and Moula will finish where i stated about fifth.

Or if the rumours aren't true with Moula I want to know why they haven't signed the boys? By the looks of things on this website the Moula personell have gone to sleep and don't reply with anything to state what is really happening with that club. Maybe their a bit worried to say stuff this yr knowing they won't be the dominant side they thought they would be by buying players.

Seems a little strange that you follow Oak Park in the EDFL, yet have only ever posted on the GRFL thread.

Seems a little strange that you follow Oak Park in the EDFL, yet have only ever posted on the GRFL thread.

Strange!!! Fair enough. I'm keen to get the Geelong boys over to our club and was keen to see if any of them were being signed up there. Obviously none of them are, so I'm now trying to get the numbers of these players. My son knows Josh Logan, one of the Geelong boys from when he used to play down there but doesn't have his number so I'm trying here. It's not like I'm going to ring Moula and say hey I'm trying to take some of you're players can i have their numbers.

Is there any other good players from this league that live within the Geelong / Melbourne area that aren't going back up there?

Strange!!! Fair enough. I'm keen to get the Geelong boys over to our club and was keen to see if any of them were being signed up there. Obviously none of them are, so I'm now trying to get the numbers of these players. My son knows Josh Logan, one of the Geelong boys from when he used to play down there but doesn't have his number so I'm trying here. It's not like I'm going to ring Moula and say hey I'm trying to take some of you're players can i have their numbers.

Is there any other good players from this league that live within the Geelong / Melbourne area that aren't going back up there?
Bloke by the name of Shane Harvey goes OK.

It will be interesting to see how Burkey goes in the GRFL. Hard at it player who will compliment Smith nicely. Must be forklifting his pay to him because he wouldn't leave his beloved Swan Hill for crackers and cheese after the game.
Should be another tight season in 08. How are the playing surfaces coming up?? Anyone training on their own ground yet??

Sounds like you are one of the Geelong blokes. What are you trying to do. Pump your price up?????:confused:

It will be interesting to see how Burkey goes in the GRFL. Hard at it player who will compliment Smith nicely. Must be forklifting his pay to him because he wouldn't leave his beloved Swan Hill for crackers and cheese after the game.
Should be another tight season in 08. How are the playing surfaces coming up?? Anyone training on their own ground yet??

Can tell u that Burkey has come to Nully after making it obvious last season on numerous occasions that he liked the way nully functioned as a footy club and was really keen to have a kick at a different club. Turns out he gets along with smith, along with a few other nully boys, extremely well. Cant go playing all your footy @ the same joint all ur life vet, at some stage u need to get away to a new club with an entirely different playing group!!

Can tell u that Burkey has come to Nully after making it obvious last season on numerous occasions that he liked the way nully functioned as a footy club and was really keen to have a kick at a different club. Turns out he gets along with smith, along with a few other nully boys, extremely well. Cant go playing all your footy @ the same joint all ur life vet, at some stage u need to get away to a new club with an entirely different playing group!!

This seems like an odd thing to say, why can't you play all your footy at one club. I think country footy would benefit from more people showing loyalty to there clubs and playing because they love the club not the coin. I've got nothing against guys leaving a club because the want a change or a new experience but I think it's great to see a guy play in the same colours for 30 years.

And Burkey will go well Nully's brand of footy will suit him down to the ground. How does Bedgegood (that's not great spelling) go, I have heard differing reports about his footy ability?

This seems like an odd thing to say, why can't you play all your footy at one club. I think country footy would benefit from more people showing loyalty to there clubs and playing because they love the club not the coin. I've got nothing against guys leaving a club because the want a change or a new experience but I think it's great to see a guy play in the same colours for 30 years.

And Burkey will go well Nully's brand of footy will suit him down to the ground. How does Bedgegood (that's not great spelling) go, I have heard differing reports about his footy ability?

Aahh young Sean, could be a great footballer if he would just go out there and play the game, instead of worrying about everythng else. Has everything you could want in a footballer, height, pace, a great set of hands and a booming kick. His best game would have been the last game of the 2006 season when he kicked 8 for us against Boga. The kid is like a little brother to me so i hope he finally lives up to his potential

Whispers around the track Tigers great phil cox to GRFL would have to be big cash anyone tell me how he goes lately?

ditto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you are one of the Geelong blokes. What are you trying to do. Pump your price up?????:confused:

Not sure if that was directed at me being one of the Geelong blokes trying to pump up a price but if you would like to come to my 50th birthday on Saturday your more then welcome. I quit footy a long time ago and live in Melbourne. Thanks to one on here for giving me the phone number of one the geelong blokes and i won't have to bother anyone on here again. I will be trying Harv's as well but if anyone knows of other travellers keen to get into a much better league and yes a bit of money about shoot me an email.

Righto - Extremely early tip for the way sides will end up at the end of this season.

1 - MURRABIT (should win it again with the players they have)
2 - NULLAWIL (Surprise packet i reckon)
3 - WANDELLA (Should be top 3)
4 - QAMBATOOK (Many will pick them in the bottom 4 - have the players to be a top 4 side if they put their minds to it)
5 - MOULAMEIN (will be there abouts but with a straight swap of locals and Geelong players can't see them getting in the top 4. If they had the Geelong blokes again I would have them on top)
6 - MACORNA (Have put them 6th but am worried about them, could have me looking silly as another team I think can push for finals if they're minds are right every game)
7 - WAKOOL (Bye. bye Wakool, without the Melbourne blokes they don't have enough quality players to push for the finals)
8 - ULTIMA (No coach?? club is in serious trouble of players losing interest)
9 - HAY (In the rebuilding phase and should be competitive in some games but can't see them winning any more than 2)

I can see a lot of Moula people being unhappy about the position I have them finishing but I can't see them making finals when they just replace good players with good players. That's if the Geelong blokes aren't playing. If they are I'll put them top 2. Wakool is in a similar boat. Nulli in the top 2 I can see some flack coming there to. But, it's just me trying to pick the ladder now with who I think is playing and isn't playing.

you seem to know a bit about the league for someone who lives in melbourne and is involved with a club down there.

Not sure if that was directed at me being one of the Geelong blokes trying to pump up a price but if you would like to come to my 50th birthday on Saturday your more then welcome. I quit footy a long time ago and live in Melbourne. Thanks to one on here for giving me the phone number of one the geelong blokes and i won't have to bother anyone on here again. I will be trying Harv's as well but if anyone knows of other travellers keen to get into a much better league and yes a bit of money about shoot me an email.

Some may say you've blown ur own cover and Fa rked urself up there ol Paul!!!!

Some may say you've blown ur own cover and Fa rked urself up there ol Paul!!!!

Gentlemen. Obviously the people who write on here are young as I can assure all I live in Oak Park and try to get as many players playing for the club as possible. If Moula want to pay a 50yr old money to play footy I'd be a little worried. As far as the ladder and knowledge of Geelong boys it's not hard to work out when i know a couple of people who follow that league and by reading these websites as well as the results from last yr. I will let all know on here if we do get the boys to our club and this inculdes Harv's. Oak Park is a wonderful club and I hope all clubs in GRFL league have a competitve yr.

Gentlemen. Obviously the people who write on here are young as I can assure all I live in Oak Park and try to get as many players playing for the club as possible. If Moula want to pay a 50yr old money to play footy I'd be a little worried. As far as the ladder and knowledge of Geelong boys it's not hard to work out when i know a couple of people who follow that league and by reading these websites as well as the results from last yr. I will let all know on here if we do get the boys to our club and this inculdes Harv's. Oak Park is a wonderful club and I hope all clubs in GRFL league have a competitve yr.
One thinks one is an on baller very handy in the centre and quick around the ground, left footer around 5'8 am I getting close.Good footy brain and close mate of loges :confused::confused::confused:

One thinks one is an on baller very handy in the centre and quick around the ground, left footer around 5'8 am I getting close.Good footy brain and close mate of loges :confused::confused::confused:

Far from it my friend. I'm fat and old and definitely not a very handy onballer played back pocket in my day (20+ yrs ago now) and was very average :>. My name is Paul Clarke and I live in Strathmore (a suburb of Melbourne) trying to get as many players to Oaky as possible.

lads i am a geelong boy, and no he isnt a friend of 'loges', never heard of loges be called loges by anyone though. the 5 ft 8 left footer doesnt even have the internet. so the guys who think he is trying to pump up the price think again. paulkelly where is oak park?

Back to football now that we know who Loges' mates are.

Where will Nully sit in regards to trying to knock Murrabit off it's perch?
Will Wandella threat again?
Will Moultown be a front runner this season?
Will Macorna press for a finals spot and years end?

And finally...
Will Metrovic fund a new hopsital out Macorna way through bar sales alone??

Back to football now that we know who Loges' mates are.

Where will Nully sit in regards to trying to knock Murrabit off it's perch?
Will Wandella threat again?
Will Moultown be a front runner this season?
Will Macorna press for a finals spot and years end?

And finally...
Will Metrovic fund a new hopsital out Macorna way through bar sales alone??

Hows Wandella shaping with recruiting? They appear to be losing a few eg: Morris, Bott, Smith, Fulton, Laidlaw, Howard + retirements in Keating, Mellington, McGowan + I also heard Chamberlain is out with a crook shoulder? Not sure if all these are confirmed, can someone clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back