Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
keegan dingo is playing a practcie match for a SANFL Club this weekend. Kerang have also offered him 1k per game and his previous club Berwick still wants his services. So if he is going to Murrabit what are they giving him that these other 3 clubs are not?

Who is Keegan Dingo ? What possi dose he play ? Is he any good ?

how is the ben rutten of the area (aka..nick jarman) looking for the 2008 season..heard he has been putting in the hard yards at kerang over the past 2 years and he is ready to carve it up back with the royal blues...can anyone confirm??

Hey there Messenger, I hear the Tigers had thier first practice match on the weekend..... How they look?

Hey there Messenger, I hear the Tigers had thier first practice match on the weekend..... How they look?

They didn't put the results in the London Times mate, I'm shocked. No looked OK, jumped out to a 6 goals to 1 lead but I think went down by 2 points in the end so it was fairly even. 5 or 6 senior guys missing and I think the Hill were at almost full stregth so pretty happy with the way it went considering the Hill rolled Leitchy the week before. Got through without any injury concerns which is the main thing at this time of year.

Play Calavil next Saturday and we will have 4 of the guys that were missing in for there first run so fingers crossed everything goes well.

Anyone else got news from any praccy matches, Wandella played Inglewood, any others over the weekend.

If anyones interested in watching a cracking game of country footy this weekend, come along to Tyntynder on Saturday to watch the Quamby Saints battle it out with the Lalbert Eagles for the Mallee Cup. 1pm start

If anyones interested in watching a cracking game of country footy this weekend, come along to Tyntynder on Saturday to watch the Quamby Saints battle it out with the Lalbert Eagles for the Mallee Cup. 1pm start

Got a team list of who is playing Snibs? New Faces?
Young Shep get is belly in a saints Jumper?:p
Is it really worth going to see?

would just like to take the opportunity to say thank you to the wakool footy club. thank you for the the opportunity to play with you guys and for your hospitality during my time at the club. i enjoyed my stay at the wakool footy club with its friendly supporters players and people around and involved in the club. and wanted to say thank you for the clearance, i have now moved into a coaching role with the fiztroy stars. will be following you guys over the net this season so i want to wish you all the best.
cheers. henry button

snibs
what will happen next year when these two clubs merge? who will play for the mallee cup then or will you have an intra club?

these two clubs wont merge, lalbert wont want to go further away from swan hill, lalbert want to merge with ultima

and as for all these blokes playing for wakool, they would want too get some clearances in soon... that includes their so called coach

these two clubs wont merge, lalbert wont want to go further away from swan hill, lalbert want to merge with ultima

and as for all these blokes playing for wakool, they would want too get some clearances in soon... that includes their so called coach

how the ____ do you know they won't merge? they have had talks with several clubs and have it on good authority that the talks between llbert and quambatook are at the next level. they will play at lalbert given the new changerooms out there, they won't be able to wear the quamby jumper though as tooleytng already wear that in CMFL so they would have to come up with a new one.
the best things these clubs could do would be to move into swan hill together as a merged club as the majority of players from both thse clubs would be travelling from swan hill.

Well one things for certain, Russ Robbins is a user of the Macorna Football Club. As soon as things begin to look a bit difficult, he pisses off to Cohuna, but now that things are looking promising out Macorna way, he's strait back out to milk the cows!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how the ____ do you know they won't merge? they have had talks with several clubs and have it on good authority that the talks between llbert and quambatook are at the next level. they will play at lalbert given the new changerooms out there, they won't be able to wear the quamby jumper though as tooleytng already wear that in CMFL so they would have to come up with a new one.
the best things these clubs could do would be to move into swan hill together as a merged club as the majority of players from both thse clubs would be travelling from swan hill.
As is usually the case Rumour you are miles off the mark.
Can guarantee a Quamby / Lalbert merger is not on the table and my authority on that is myself, beleive me I know.
There are 6 Quambatook players travelling from Swan Hill, hardly the majority.
The club is in a sound financial situation, in time the tide will turn.
Get back on the CMFL thread and tell everyone how good Kerang will be, at least you might be close to the mark on that.

As a former Lalbert person and the son of a former president i reckon i could be fairly certain in saying that Lalbert and Quamby won't merge with each other. It was talked about in the past but the main reason it didn't happen is because both clubs have similar issues and bringing the 2 together wouldn't solve this. Issues such as finances derived from farming, attracting kids out of town etc. If Lalbert and Quamby did merge it would not mean that they would necesarrily be better off financially or be able to attract more kids. Having said all that i could be wrong, as i have been known to be in the past.

I do agree with one point you made though rumour mill. Lalbert are now in a much stronger position going in to merger talks with any club as they now have an excellent facililty at Lalbert

Well one things for certain, Russ Robbins is a user of the Macorna Football Club. As soon as things begin to look a bit difficult, he pisses off to Cohuna, but now that things are looking promising out Macorna way, he's strait back out to milk the cows!!!!

as soon as things look tough...? russ stuck it out with macorna through the tuough years once everyone left after the 02grand final team...and when he left macorna recruited a decent base of players and looked better than the year before...get your facts rite

russ robbins a user of macorna you have got to be kidding,he had his fair share of tough times at macorna be for going to cohuna,and things always look promising out tigerland this time of year its when the footy starts they have trouble with!!

lalbert should merge with mystic park and relocate there, they are on the highway, closer to swan hill, kangaroo lake, big bonuses to attract players plenty of employment opportunities out there

How could you say Russ Robins used Macorna.He did coach them by memory i think, in 2005, and did well with the players he had. And I did see him last night, he actually had a Macorna Stubby Holder in his hand, so he is buying some Merchindse with Macorna..

First prediction for the season, Luke Maher to win the league Best and Fairest! Has been very unlucky the past few seasons and i just have a feeling that this year he can pull it off. Although Quamby wont be a great side as snibs has illustrated, he will pick up votes as he's a stand out on the footy field!

And Golden Rivers Footy is back!!! Has been a long time between drinks but is good 2 finally have a kick again.
Some big game this week so we'll go thru them with a few tips shall we??
First cap off the rank would have to easily be game of the round, a revamped Moula V Murrabit! This promises to be a cracker of a game, Murrabit has a lot of star footballers, as do Moula with the extremely handy inclusions of Bannam and Anderson. This game could swing either way but will get on Murrabit purely on home ground advantage.
Quamby Nully, well both teams will struggle this season after losing a lot of key players. Quamby will heavily rely on Luke Maher and McIntyre, much the same as Nully will rely on Glenn Smith and new recruit Beddgood. Again could go either way, but Nully purely on a home ground basis again.
Hay V Wandella: Both sides again may struggle this year, Wandella lost a few but gained the services of the Hay (not lions) boys who are renowned to be pretty handy footballers. On the other hand Hay will have the ever reliable Dusty Duggan, and the Stewart boys but will find it hard to get up against the bombers, therefore my tip Wandella.
the final match of the round see's Ultima V Macorna: Much hype around the Macorna club with the inclusion of Robbins, along with Joel Carter returning to the club who has been known to play some pretty handy footy!! Ultima on the other hand have lost key players in McKenzie, Stormy Lawry and Broussard which puts a massive dint in2 the team. On that, i'll back the Tigers as they were there abouts last also!

Oh in an interesting encounter, Wakool have had to forfeit to the bye due to lack of numbers!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back