Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour about that Bode and Hardman from Nulli trained with Deniliquin Rams and look like playing there next year - both impressed with the professionalism at the club and the prospect of playing in a flag next year.

IAMFOOTY Can you tell me where my old mate Ben Parker has got too, we seem to have a new scribe doing the Golden Rivers write ups in the paper. Hope all is well with Benny boy:p

LOCKETT said:
Rumour about that Bode and Hardman from Nulli trained with Deniliquin Rams and look like playing there next year - both impressed with the professionalism at the club and the prospect of playing in a flag next year.

Ah lets not jump 2 anything to rash there Lockett. Havnt thought of the fact that maybe footballers train to keep fit and Bode and Hardman both live in Denni therefore decided maybe to train there instead of venturin to Nully?? Seems pretty simple

LOCKETT said:

From the horses mouth , Hardman will stay if Bode stays. And from all talks around the club Bode will stay for another season. They have been training for another club abviously but we hope they do to keep up their fitness. Not a stupid comment Lockett by all means but i think they it may be squashed a bit.
Benny Parker has had a sore back (had it since being at the crows) but ready to fire up once more!

Catter said:
From the horses mouth , Hardman will stay if Bode stays. And from all talks around the club Bode will stay for another season. They have been training for another club abviously but we hope they do to keep up their fitness. Not a stupid comment Lockett by all means but i think they it may be squashed a bit.
Benny Parker has had a sore back (had it since being at the crows) but ready to fire up once more!
Big call catter, my mail says external pressures ( work & woman) will guarantee Josh will be a deni boy once again next season, and like you said from the horses mouth hardman will stay if Bode stays.

The_KNIFE said:
Is Pickering a chance at Ultima rumors around the sale yards he's good enough

I have seen a couple of Ultima games this season and Jason Pickering has dominated on both occasions. He has been named in the best most weeks and just oozes class. His ball getting ability is second to none. He would have to be one of the favorites for the league medal also, (he told me that himself).

Kelvin 69 said:
I have seen a couple of Ultima games this season and Jason Pickering has dominated on both occasions. He has been named in the best most weeks and just oozes class. His ball getting ability is second to none. He would have to be one of the favorites for the league medal also, (he told me that himself).

Thanks Kelvin .He cuold be the one spreading the rumor around the sale yards.He had big raps When he moved across from Echuca.Heard a few CMFL clubs were dissapointed when they didnt pick him up

The_KNIFE said:
Thanks Kelvin .He cuold be the one spreading the rumor around the sale yards.He had big raps When he moved across from Echuca.Heard a few CMFL clubs were dissapointed when they didnt pick him up

Yes, I know for a fact that that a certain club over the river offered him a s h i t load and knocked it back for a better offer at Ultima. Loves the cash.;)

Kelvin 69 said:
Yes, I know for a fact that that a certain club over the river offered him a s h i t load and knocked it back for a better offer at Ultima. Loves the cash.;)

what sort of figure are we talking about Kelv?

Is there anyone who can shed some light on the reasons why the GRFL play the Grand Final at Kerang and not out at Murrabit. Best GF venue in the district. Kerang has nothing going for it other than a bigger score board. How the league can allow this to happen is a puzzle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie Devil said:
Is there anyone who can shed some light on the reasons why the GRFL play the Grand Final at Kerang and not out at Murrabit. Best GF venue in the district. Kerang has nothing going for it other than a bigger score board. How the league can allow this to happen is a puzzle.
I agree, if they are going to play it outside of the league, they might as well play it at a decent venue. Kerang is always windy, no shelter, not oval, surface has got worse over the years, and there is no atmosphere.

Some shocking conditions over the weekend, with some old fashioned wet weather football coming to the fore. This was reflected in every scoreline except the wakool ultima match. Did the rain hold off over at Wakool?

Wandella move into the box seat for 4th position with Hay going off the boil... and Ultima... not sure what to make of them.

The_KNIFE said:
glen_winderlich said:
what sort of figure are we talking about Kelv?
[/quote

Heard the same story good $$$$ has won someB&F in the past
]

Who gives a crap, sounds like Kelvin & the Knife must be sittin on each others lap, or are they the same person????

super snooper said:
Some shocking conditions over the weekend, with some old fashioned wet weather football coming to the fore. This was reflected in every scoreline except the wakool ultima match. Did the rain hold off over at Wakool?

Wandella move into the box seat for 4th position with Hay going off the boil... and Ultima... not sure what to make of them.

I was at the Wakool Ultima game and the rain did hold of and turned out to be good conditions for footy. Wakool did it with ease but the Ultima boys were not discraced putting in a good effort for three quaters (apparently had a few injuries). The loss makes there task of playing finals very difficult. From a spectators point of view Wakool look good and have some quality players which may take them all the way. Can somebody tell me when Wakool last won a senior flag?

Tassie Devil said:

It's an interesting one isn't it. I presume the league has some major sponsors over Kerang way. Mind you, if the league looked at it carefully, in terms of quality Hay has the best facilities in the league by a mile. Would say Murrabit's playing surface would be the best, but getting splinters in your ass isn't the greatest way to prepare for a grand final. Hay's set-up is like a modern Tyntynder ground -- they have even got a gym downstairs now.....government grants...gotta love em.......Just a pitty the place is too far away.

Hay and Murrabit both s h i t on Kerang's venue and would both easily hold as many people.....but I guess the gate takings the league has got over the past few years suggests there is no reason to change....I reckon the league would make more if Swan Hill hosted it. Two consecutive grand finals in two weeks (GRFL then CMFL) would attract plenty of following...

champ said:
I was at the Wakool Ultima game and the rain did hold of and turned out to be good conditions for footy. Wakool did it with ease but the Ultima boys were not discraced putting in a good effort for three quaters (apparently had a few injuries). The loss makes there task of playing finals very difficult. From a spectators point of view Wakool look good and have some quality players which may take them all the way. Can somebody tell me when Wakool last won a senior flag?
I Think they won the seniors flag in the old KDFL in 1990 ??around then

Tassie Devil said:

I would suggest the fact that the Blues have played off umpteen dozen times in the past decade or more has something to do with it. They are probably just trying to be fair, for example, if wakool were to have to play murrabit this year.

gates are bigger because the admission price have risen.

Wakool won back to back flags in 89/90 (not certain on the exact years)

Hay changerooms are very small. but excellent room up stairs

Dont know who kelvin is Pat. Have seen Pickering play before havent seen him for some time How did he go on the weekend conditions shoud have siuted him

HappyDayz said:
I would suggest the fact that the Blues have played off umpteen dozen times in the past decade or more has something to do with it. They are probably just trying to be fair, for example, if wakool were to have to play murrabit this year.
Silly arguement happydays, every other league in australia at some stage would have a home ground team play of fin a grand final. Its like saying play the AFL Grandfinal in Sydney so Melbourne dont have a home ground advantage over Adelaide (example). Money is the sole reason for the game being played in Kerang. I play for Ultima and agree that our grand final should be played at Murrabit.

The_KNIFE said:
Dont know who kelvin is Pat. Have seen Pickering play before havent seen him for some time How did he go on the weekend conditions shoud have siuted him

He went OK, big form is Brendan McKenzie, would have to be the no. 1 ruckman in the league, l would think several CMFL clubs would be talking to him over the pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back