Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to know when the cmfl boys are going to take their heads out of their arses and realise they are not a major league....the major leagues are bendigo, ballarat, geelong, o&m and goulburn valley...cmfl is no more than the many middle range leagues...

Won't happen until the VCFL removes major league status from the CMFL which it won't and nor should it. It is easily the best league in the area and proved that it was a major league by winning the interleague match last year

Snibs, its bloody fantastic to see some names going thru Quamby way in the clearance page on the grfl site.
Sounded like u guys were struggling massively and to be able to pick up players at this time of year, whether fantastic footballers or not, is a credit to the club 4 not giving up and persisting with finding footballers. I take it with a few names coming thru then a reserves team will be go ahead?
Its a credit to everyone involved in the recruiting at the club, well done :thumbsu:

Snibs, its bloody fantastic to see some names going thru Quamby way in the clearance page on the grfl site.
Sounded like u guys were struggling massively and to be able to pick up players at this time of year, whether fantastic footballers or not, is a credit to the club 4 not giving up and persisting with finding footballers. I take it with a few names coming thru then a reserves team will be go ahead?
Its a credit to everyone involved in the recruiting at the club, well done :thumbsu:
Thanks facts, seconds team never in doubt for this year.

Won't happen until the VCFL removes major league status from the CMFL which it won't and nor should it. It is easily the best league in the area and proved that it was a major league by winning the interleague match last year

But does anyone take any notice of interleague roota? Agree with kerr that the cmfl isnt a major league as the difference is the best 5 in each team to the owrst 5 is to great, which probably has to do with population around the league compared with others

Can anytone tell me if that loud mouth, big noting, team mates wife rooting, low life Dion Rooke is still playing up there in GRFL. Got a few mates who wouldn't mind tracking him down!!

I'd just like to know when the cmfl boys are going to take their heads out of their arses and realise they are not a major league....the major leagues are bendigo, ballarat, geelong, o&m and goulburn valley...cmfl is no more than the many middle range leagues...

Wrong danielkerr. The top sides in the cmfl would easily rival the top sides in the bendigo and ballarat leagues, and be right up there in the other leagues. There may be a couple of weaker sides in the league but not many leagues don't have them, look at the likes of Kangaroo Flat. The cmfl has a lot of quality sides and deserves to be a major league.

we cant judge on interleague. the players who didn't play interleague last year could have made a side that would have pushed the interleague side. balranald for instance only had 1 player in the interleague side. throw in their players alone like atkins, hooker, singh, dane fitzgerald, andy may and so on. everyone has their own opinion, but i believe cmfl is increasing standard, mainly due to the money clubs pay. its just unfortunate that the lalberts and nyahs cant afford to keep up, this then makes people think the league isn't as good

Absolulutely moronic. Where are these leagues situated??
No side in the HDFL was penalised under the rule that you mention (last year). The rule was established after a club won a seconds and seniors premiership in 2006 but failed to field a thirds side. Stated that they couldn't get enough players for their U17's. Obviously not an ideal situation for the league as you would think that every club would be pushing there juniors, and a many clubs were irate that this wasn't the case with the said club. Be certain that they had enough this for the season just gone.

Why can't we combine grfl with cmfl with two divisions. Top 2 sides go up, bottom 2 go down each year. The lower division only play 16 a side reserves. It would even out both compitions and I believe make both stronger. Teams in the cmfl who are having a few lean years could drop down and be competive. Most people would prefer to play in a lesser competion and win a few games rather then being smashed week after week, then when form returns they will be able to return back to the better comp. Those stronge teams with good numbers in the grfl wouldn't have to sacrife players missing games in a 16 (or less) reserves game.

Why can't we combine grfl with cmfl with two divisions. Top 2 sides go up, bottom 2 go down each year. The lower division only play 16 a side reserves. It would even out both compitions and I believe make both stronger. Teams in the cmfl who are having a few lean years could drop down and be competive. Most people would prefer to play in a lesser competion and win a few games rather then being smashed week after week, then when form returns they will be able to return back to the better comp. Those stronge teams with good numbers in the grfl wouldn't have to sacrife players missing games in a 16 (or less) reserves game.

This was brought up years and years ago, and was knocked back by all concerned...Personally I believe a fantastic idea!!!!But will never happen..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could the Macorna crew give us some insite into Metro, wat position he will play at tigerland, height, weight,age, his strengths etc, apparintely got big raps this bloke, giv us some info so i no wether it will be worth goin out & watchin this bloke play this year

Wrong danielkerr. The top sides in the cmfl would easily rival the top sides in the bendigo and ballarat leagues, and be right up there in the other leagues. There may be a couple of weaker sides in the league but not many leagues don't have them, look at the likes of Kangaroo Flat. The cmfl has a lot of quality sides and deserves to be a major league.

in judging a leagues strength you have to look at the difference between a teams best listed player and a teams worst listed player in all clubs...a simple example of how a league like bendigo is superior. when the swan hill pios boys came back and played they dominated, when pios come back to a bendigo team they are fringe players or play reserves....

in judging a leagues strength you have to look at the difference between a teams best listed player and a teams worst listed player in all clubs...a simple example of how a league like bendigo is superior. when the swan hill pios boys came back and played they dominated, when pios come back to a bendigo team they are fringe players or play reserves....

Pretty sure South Bendigo pumped Tyntynder in a practice match a couple of years ago, when Breeza was head honcho, not to sure how Tyntynder went that year but their always there abouts arnt they. South were nothing real special made the prelim and got smashed by Gissy I think.

This was brought up years and years ago, and was knocked back by all concerned...Personally I believe a fantastic idea!!!!But will never happen..
I dont mind the idea myself but it creates a problem.
Take Murrabit for example, based on last year they would go up to Division 1 where i think that amongst the CMFL sides they would finish middle of the road. This is likely to happen year in year out as they probably cant compete financially to win a Div 1 flag, yet have enough good players to ensure they don't finish bottom 2 and be relegated back to Div 2.
Therefore the likelihood is that they remain in Div 1 with no real hope of winning a flag.

The Swan Hill boys who came back barely dominated mate, the only bloke who looked half alrite was Thoolen but he was still not as good as the best in the league, and the man has now been drafted! But if your speakin like that how many of the Pios boys are actually from the Bendigo league??

The Swan Hill boys who came back barely dominated mate, the only bloke who looked half alrite was Thoolen but he was still not as good as the best in the league, and the man has now been drafted! But if your speakin like that how many of the Pios boys are actually from the Bendigo league??

last year there was atleast ten players from the bendigo league...there were 5 alone from sandhurst...and the like of fordy and stroobs did dominate when they came back...

I dont mind the idea myself but it creates a problem.
Take Murrabit for example, based on last year they would go up to Division 1 where i think that amongst the CMFL sides they would finish middle of the road. This is likely to happen year in year out as they probably cant compete financially to win a Div 1 flag, yet have enough good players to ensure they don't finish bottom 2 and be relegated back to Div 2.
Therefore the likelihood is that they remain in Div 1 with no real hope of winning a flag.

good point. Much the same as some other CMFL clubs.

Pretty sure South Bendigo pumped Tyntynder in a practice match a couple of years ago, when Breeza was head honcho, not to sure how Tyntynder went that year but their always there abouts arnt they. South were nothing real special made the prelim and got smashed by Gissy I think.
Yeah truck pretty sure that the dogs couldn't put through a major and this was with 3/4 quarter strength south team, whilst tytynder had all their regulars out on the field

How can you even think to judge a league on the performance of a team during pre season.
An equally stronge opposing argument is that Kerang plays Eaglehawk most years during pre season and usually gets the better of them, and I'm pretty sure Eaglehawk aren't a bad bunch of players.

How can you even think to judge a league on the performance of a team during pre season.
An equally stronge opposing argument is that Kerang plays Eaglehawk most years during pre season and usually gets the better of them, and I'm pretty sure Eaglehawk aren't a bad bunch of players.

I thought this was the GRFL thread?

Who cares, if CMFL is a major league or not. Bottom line is, there are some great players getting good money in there league ( Which I have no problem with).
But most of the players are not worth half of what there getting and it's hurting our league because GRFL clubs have to pay big money to these players, just to get them to our clubs. Some of the clubs up there should be very careful, the cost of everything is only going oneway, and they might find out that forking out big coin year after year and getting no where might just kill there club.
I would hate to see that happen to the GRFL clubs. ( Although i think one of our clubs has spent five years worth of money in two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back