Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, he gets alot of the ball from what i've seen and isnt a sheep dog- puts his head over the ball and doesnt mind the hard stuff.

whats his history? been watching nully seniors for a few yrs now & have only noticed him this yr. seems a handy inclusion

I see that Johnson was named best on ground for Nully again this week. Surely he will take out Nully's best and fairest comprehensively, and should go close to the league best and fairest.
After watching several Nully games this season there is no doubt he is a class above the rest of the team. Johnson's polished skills and hard as nails approach to the ball would have him in top 5 players of the league. If Nully had more Luke Johnsons, there is no doubt that come September they would have been a dynamic force!

I see that Johnson was named best on ground for Nully again this week. Surely he will take out Nully's best and fairest comprehensively, and should go close to the league best and fairest.
After watching several Nully games this season there is no doubt he is a class above the rest of the team. Johnson's polished skills and hard as nails approach to the ball would have him in top 5 players of the league. If Nully had more Luke Johnsons, there is no doubt that come September they would have been a dynamic force!

Pretty sure he won't be a contender in the league best and fairest. Big Will Callow would near have that wrapt up this year. Elwood has had a pretty good year and would be a chance to win Nully's best and fairest particularly with Smithy and Scotty Mathiske missing so many games. Nully didn't require to many more Luke Johnsons this year, they needed a Centre Half Forward and Centre Half Back, and a ruckman to assist Stobaus would have been handy! He was probably in the top 5 for Nully on Saturday, but I could think of 3 others that should have been before him.

Pretty sure he won't be a contender in the league best and fairest. Big Will Callow would near have that wrapt up this year. Elwood has had a pretty good year and would be a chance to win Nully's best and fairest particularly with Smithy and Scotty Mathiske missing so many games. Nully didn't require to many more Luke Johnsons this year, they needed a Centre Half Forward and Centre Half Back, and a ruckman to assist Stobaus would have been handy! He was probably in the top 5 for Nully on Saturday, but I could think of 3 others that should have been before him.

Dont think your giving him the credit he deserves footy pie, i've heard word that he's being chased by melb clubs now that he's living down there permanently

I gather all this talk about Luke Johnson is tongue in cheek? Because from what i've seen Johnson is just a battler that needs to shed a few pounds.

If thay had half the hardness as Jez vero, ash martin, johnson and josh poyner and a couple of others they would go a long way. Theres nothing worse then seenin players trying not to get a hit and their is a few of them.

If thay had half the hardness as Jez vero, ash martin, johnson and josh poyner and a couple of others they would go a long way. Theres nothing worse then seenin players trying not to get a hit and their is a few of them. So at least his putting his head over yhe ball and taking the hard bumps.

Don't know about massive years with these but worth a look...

Michael Harrower from Wandella got a mention a bit towards the end of last year, expect him to improve.

Jordan Simpson from Macorna, for 16 he is quite a solid lad! should be a perminent fixture i would say in their line up.

3 from Murrabit could be worth looking at Blair Monk, Kieran Thorne and Leigh Millard should be a part of the mix you would think.

No one springs to mind from Quamby..

as for the others i don't know

Jordan Simpson is a gun heard some rumors he may be concidering commin it the cmfl. Is a great bakc flank or foward flank even in the guts can play anywhere and is great value to a team

Can Play, u boys were good on the week end u deserve to win... I even heard u shout a few things from the crowd....
So Wandella boys how bad is Will Callow???

Oh yeah Brendan Murchie has got a real good shot from Macorna for the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats everyones thoughts on the possible grand final location...?
either at ultima, wakool or quambatook...i personally think that ultima has the best ground/clubrooms/bar etc and should host the big day...but i think that the league should hold the grand final at murrabit every year, the grand final should be showcased on the best playing field in the league. Before anyone starts saying about home ground advantage, its country footy the better team will win regardless of where the game is played...

Whats everyones thoughts on the possible grand final location...?
either at ultima, wakool or quambatook...i personally think that ultima has the best ground/clubrooms/bar etc and should host the big day...but i think that the league should hold the grand final at murrabit every year, the grand final should be showcased on the best playing field in the league. Before anyone starts saying about home ground advantage, its country footy the better team will win regardless of where the game is played...

its at Ultima I believe.

and whats wrong with Will Callow?

If thay had half the hardness as Jez vero, ash martin, johnson and josh poyner and a couple of others they would go a long way. Theres nothing worse then seenin players trying not to get a hit and their is a few of them.

So u are aware of who Ash Martin is and what brand of footy he plays when he only joined the club a quarter of the way through the season yet you'd never heard of Johnson who played last year and seniors all this year? Seems a lil suss to me?

If you are this Luke Johnson fella that you say your not your team mates will be very unimpressed after you have called them all soft except for a handful of them. You might want to take that offer from the Melbourne club because you may not be welcomed back at Nully.

So u are aware of who Ash Martin is and what brand of footy he plays when he only joined the club a quarter of the way through the season yet you'd never heard of Johnson who played last year and seniors all this year? Seems a lil suss to me?

I watch the seniors, so yes i hadnt heard or seen of johnson untill this year...same goes for ash martin as he plays in the seniors.
some of us have work commitments on sat mornings so i dont have the privledge of watching any reserves matches

Anyway I think that everybody has got the hint that footy bloke is Luke Johnson but lets move onto teams that WILL make an impact come September. Will Callow still got a crook ankle i take it? Any other injuries within the top 4? Ultima will be hosting the GRFL Grand Final. A great initiative by the board and clubs to use a neutral venue within the league to host the Grand Final. Will expect much more of an atmosphere around the Ultima ground than Riverside Park. Grand Finals just seemed dead as it was such a great area with everyone spread everywhere. Only a personal opinon though I must say.

Anyway I think that everybody has got the hint that footy bloke is Luke Johnson but lets move onto teams that WILL make an impact come September. Will Callow still got a crook ankle i take it? Any other injuries within the top 4? Ultima will be hosting the GRFL Grand Final. A great initiative by the board and clubs to use a neutral venue within the league to host the Grand Final. Will expect much more of an atmosphere around the Ultima ground than Riverside Park. Grand Finals just seemed dead as it was such a great area with everyone spread everywhere. Only a personal opinon though I must say.

I think it is going to be hard to get a better atmosphere at Ultima for a grand final when there will probably only be a third of the people as usual... they would want to be very vocal!!!! Only my opinion though!

I think it is going to be hard to get a better atmosphere at Ultima for a grand final when there will probably only be a third of the people as usual... they would want to be very vocal!!!! Only my opinion though!

why would there be only a third of the people...? if anything there will be more of a crowd because ultima can draw from swan hill...everyone from the grfl that would go to a grand final in kerang will go to a grand final anywhere in the league...

I doubt there would be only a third of the usual crowd. Ultima is handy to swan hill. only my opinion though.

Although Ultima is close to Swan Hill, i do believe that on the same day as the grand final one of the CMFL finals are on the same day? though they may not be held at Swan Hill, most cmfl people would go to there final rather then ours you would think..
Just my opinion, i think they should of left the granny at Kerang, the crowds may have been spread out but with many of the Kerang locals going it was good Financial wise:confused:

Although Ultima is close to Swan Hill, i do believe that on the same day as the grand final one of the CMFL finals are on the same day? though they may not be held at Swan Hill, most cmfl people would go to there final rather then ours you would think..
Just my opinion, i think they should of left the granny at Kerang, the crowds may have been spread out but with many of the Kerang locals going it was good Financial wise:confused:

kerang ground is a shit place for the grand final, poor surface, poor atmosphere and its outside our league...we should have a bit of pride in the surface at murrabit and want to hold the big day within our league....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back