Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
made the trek up to Hay on the weekend to see the Roo Boys fight hard up until the last ten minutes where it was 14 pts only to see the Lions kick away at the end to give a scoreline that didnt do the boys justice... Was just wondering if the Ultima faithful could answers a few questions for me...
How much longer will Grant O'Brien and Pig Farrell be missing? When will Jason Pickering get a hardball get? What was Broussard doing out there when i talked to him on friday and he said he was out with the same problem as the previous week? Did Joel Griffiths get reported for his brain fade in the last qtr?

how are Nullawil going over there this year. Are they a chance to take it out ? Is Tony Doran still going around ? Who are their other good players ?
Any info would be appreciated.

glen_winderlich said:
made the trek up to Hay on the weekend to see the Roo Boys fight hard up until the last ten minutes where it was 14 pts only to see the Lions kick away at the end to give a scoreline that didnt do the boys justice... Was just wondering if the Ultima faithful could answers a few questions for me...
How much longer will Grant O'Brien and Pig Farrell be missing? When will Jason Pickering get a hardball get? What was Broussard doing out there when i talked to him on friday and he said he was out with the same problem as the previous week? Did Joel Griffiths get reported for his brain fade in the last qtr?
Cant answer any of those questions, didnt get to the game, but can say that the ultima players would be disapointed. Who is, and what did Griffiths do?

You will be very happy to learn Telstra101 that our Mr Hardman is playing some very good footy. Hard lead, great leap and mark. Very handy player to help out old man Doran. By the way Bode and Hardman will still be there next year. The only player at the moment that we will loose will be Constable Atkins (aka Rexy)
On the week end we didnt have Parker,Korp,Hewitt and Poynter not playing.

mutton chops said:
how are Nullawil going over there this year. Are they a chance to take it out ? Is Tony Doran still going around ? Who are their other good players ?
Any info would be appreciated.

Nully is travelling very nicely at the moment. Should be up there by years end. Bode, Korp, Parker, both smiths and Brenton Hogan have been the stand outs this year. Old man Doran is still kicking a few, but age may be slowly creeping in to those legs.

some VFL clubs are talking to J Doyle from wakool about playing next year not bad coming from a B grade comp as someone suggested maybe they no nothing about footy .lots of AFL/VFL players have come from the GRFL/KDFL

meehan said:
some VFL clubs are talking to J Doyle from wakool about playing next year not bad coming from a B grade comp as someone suggested maybe they no nothing about footy .lots of AFL/VFL players have come from the GRFL/KDFL

What clubs are speaking to him? How old is this guy and does he live in Wakool or does he travel to play there?

meehan said:

well i would hate to break it to you but if he was any good he would of got invited down this year to finish off the season as vfl clubs have no restrictions on when a player can register and start playing due to the draft system

glen_winderlich said:

Dean and Grant will be available next week. Obviously you were not watching Saturday because I thought Jason was best on even though the roo's went down. I was also watching the game an saw him back back into a pack to effectively spoil a Hay mark in a 3 on 1 situation. So to answer your question on sat he got a hardball. Unsure if he got reported although there was definate grounds for a report, 4 - 5 weeks in my book.

Bowser said:
Dean and Grant will be available next week. Obviously you were not watching Saturday because I thought Jason was best on even though the roo's went down. I was also watching the game an saw him back back into a pack to effectively spoil a Hay mark in a 3 on 1 situation. So to answer your question on sat he got a hardball. Unsure if he got reported although there was definate grounds for a report, 4 - 5 weeks in my book.
What griffiths do? He is a rabbit.

glen_winderlich said:
Glen you little gnome, why didn't you ask those 2 blokes when they were sitting beside you on saturday. What about the other ommissions from saturdays side, Delmenico & Roberts? where were they. Have a look at the Guardian, Pickering got best, Griffiths should have been reported and get atleast 2-4 weeks for his effort. The standard of umpiring in this league is crap, blind freddy could see him dong the young Ultima bloke, yet no report.

Why is it that all players are experts when it comes to umpiring? yet none of them want to have a go at it. At the rate all leagues are going there will be no Umpires shortly, about time some of you "Players" and boundary line experts had a crack at umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigfellaH said:
Why is it that all players are experts when it comes to umpiring? yet none of them want to have a go at it. At the rate all leagues are going there will be no Umpires shortly, about time some of you "Players" and boundary line experts had a crack at umpiring.

Fair call big man -- what's your umpiring uniform colour of choice?

the gloved 1 said:
What clubs are speaking to him? How old is this guy and does he live in Wakool or does he travel to play there?

I saw him play against hay he had flu that day according to club officals and was best on ground he is quick 6ft2 kicks both feetand can kick fifty metres either foot hand ball either hand i think around 22 yrs he lives in wakool his father is from melbourne and mother a local both of them are top at sport

meehan said:
I saw him play against hay he had flu that day according to club officals and was best on ground he is quick 6ft2 kicks both feetand can kick fifty metres either foot hand ball either hand i think around 22 yrs he lives in wakool his father is from melbourne and mother a local both of them are top at sport
Meehan I thought his father was a bit of a bright spark, sportsman not too sure. Have herd he is very keen to head north during the off season for a Darwin club b4 heading south to try the bigger leagues. Was also short listed for a spot in the vic country team but that hasnt happened. I know he also was a state little aths rep and can belt ya around the park at cricket. Think the kids got too much talent.

pecker69 said:
Glen you little gnome, why didn't you ask those 2 blokes when they were sitting beside you on saturday. What about the other ommissions from saturdays side, Delmenico & Roberts? where were they. Have a look at the Guardian, Pickering got best, Griffiths should have been reported and get atleast 2-4 weeks for his effort. The standard of umpiring in this league is crap, blind freddy could see him dong the young Ultima bloke, yet no report.
Pecker agree 100% about the standard of umpiring in the GRFL as it's a damn disgrace at times. The local guys who do the minor grades do a far better job than most of the top grade umpires. Ive seen a few incidents this season that should of had a few weeks of thinking time for players but not even a yellow card was issued. Some days I think they only see one team on the ground.

Tassie Devil said:
Pecker agree 100% about the standard of umpiring in the GRFL as it's a damn disgrace at times. The local guys who do the minor grades do a far better job than most of the top grade umpires. Ive seen a few incidents this season that should of had a few weeks of thinking time for players but not even a yellow card was issued. Some days I think they only see one team on the ground.

Simple answer Tassie, put your hand up and offer to help out and do something useful instead of being negative. What you fail to mention is that 6 of the umpires that are running around are all ex-players(long term) with 2 of them being ex-coachs as well. People with a feel for the game and an understanding of what the players go through. All these blokes stay back and have a beer and support the clubs where they umpire and unlike you put something back into the game.Five of these guys are pulling the pin at the end of the year, which ultimately leaves football in a poorer situation. As for clubbies umpiring senior footy, think long and hard of the situations that will arise and ask yourself is this good for footy. We need to encourage not discourage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LENNY69 said:
Simple answer Tassie, put your hand up and offer to help out and do something useful instead of being negative. What you fail to mention is that 6 of the umpires that are running around are all ex-players(long term) with 2 of them being ex-coachs as well. People with a feel for the game and an understanding of what the players go through. All these blokes stay back and have a beer and support the clubs where they umpire and unlike you put something back into the game.Five of these guys are pulling the pin at the end of the year, which ultimately leaves football in a poorer situation. As for clubbies umpiring senior footy, think long and hard of the situations that will arise and ask yourself is this good for footy. We need to encourage not discourage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenny, l saw a bloke get spear tackled on saturday and recieve no free kick. In the same game after a strong but high tackle was made the 3rd man in punched a player in the head, which all could see, no report. There is no consistancy in the umpiring. Grabbing the ball out of the ruck, every second week they pay a free kick when the ruckman is tackled, on the other weeks nothing. Footballers get bagged all the time, yet umpires disregard anything thats said to them, cos you are whinging. I spoke to one umpire after a game and said they did a pretty good job, but over umpired in the 1st qtr, and was told l was a whinging sook. From what l hear the politics in the umpiring fraternity is worse than most footy clubs, do they need to sort out this side of themselves, which inturn might make umpiring more attractive to ex-players and sports fans in general.

Can we talk about something other than the umpires. They're are doing the best they can, form probably has been down after a sensational start to the season, but we all go through that, hopefully they start protecting the bloke going the ball more is my view. They have been a hell of a lot better than the umpires in a neighbouring league.

pecker69 said:
Lenny, l saw a bloke get spear tackled on saturday and recieve no free kick. In the same game after a strong but high tackle was made the 3rd man in punched a player in the head, which all could see, no report. There is no consistancy in the umpiring. Grabbing the ball out of the ruck, every second week they pay a free kick when the ruckman is tackled, on the other weeks nothing. Footballers get bagged all the time, yet umpires disregard anything thats said to them, cos you are whinging. I spoke to one umpire after a game and said they did a pretty good job, but over umpired in the 1st qtr, and was told l was a whinging sook. From what l hear the politics in the umpiring fraternity is worse than most footy clubs, do they need to sort out this side of themselves, which inturn might make umpiring more attractive to ex-players and sports fans in general.

Fair call Pecker, but you would have witnessed two umps at the lower end of the scale in action on sat. The majority of the umps in this league are good blokes on the field as well as off it. Two bruised apples dont mean the whole bunch are rotten. As for politics in umpiring as well as sport in general,too many good people have been lost to this cancer.Good post Pecker, we need good umps which in turn lifts the standard of the footy and football in general, but losing a lot of these guys at the end of the year doesn't help.

Is it true that Wakool is buying more players from Melbourne. You have to wonder where they get the dosh from. I can understand that the committee would have not spent the money if they are unable to afford it but sure they may be able to afford it this year but what about next year. From all reports these blokes are complete merceneries and will take the money and run. Sure they are Flag favorites but at what cost. How can they attract more players next year when they put all the eggs in one basket to soon. Its a classic example of over spending by clubs. Balranalds the same. This is their last roll of the dice. NNW won back to back but nearly folded 2 years later. Any thoughts?

LENNY69 said:
I would Lenny but the body won't allow it.

Catter said:
Is it true that Wakool is buying more players from Melbourne. You have to wonder where they get the dosh from. I can understand that the committee would have not spent the money if they are unable to afford it but sure they may be able to afford it this year but what about next year. From all reports these blokes are complete merceneries and will take the money and run. Sure they are Flag favorites but at what cost. How can they attract more players next year when they put all the eggs in one basket to soon. Its a classic example of over spending by clubs. Balranalds the same. This is their last roll of the dice. NNW won back to back but nearly folded 2 years later. Any thoughts?
I can see your point Catter but by all acccounts many of the Melbourne crew are ex locals and not on payments of any great amounts. Also some just travelling with there mates and playing in the 2's thus is the reason for their improvement over last month. As for the financial downslide YES it can have a hugh effect on clubs and with Wakool next few seasons will tell all of us on here if it has worked for them. Overall a very good point you have made.

pecker69 said:
hard at it i see 69!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back