Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
iamfooty said:
Fair chance. Pretty good side there Catter. well researched....Demaria on the bench is pushing it though -- prefer hard-nut Trav Pryor

Champaign comedy iamfooy.
By the way I'll have to see wakool again to make my decision, they didn't impress me last time, at this stage Woora by 3 goals. As for Catter's side, it would go down to Balranald by 4 to 8 goals at least (Gav Loyd resting in a fwd pocket would kick 10) and get over the line against S.H.

footy02 said:
woorinen are a joke.. have no doubt about that... but they would walk all over wakool. you are on here talking about interleague and such and you cant find half of the key position players in the league. you name players that would not play in woora side. and this is suppose to be the best you have.... cmfl is far form the afl.. I just like to put things into perspective.. I have seen them both play. tell me. how can a side that is... smaller. less skill full. less depth. no where near as fit.. that has many travellers.. beat woora..
Your a disillusioned little boy.
Smaller? Thompson, Wheatley, Thorpe, Carroll, Doyle, Graham, Pollock etc just as big and playing much better footy, not relying on reputations. Less Skill? That amuses me ive seen woora play and it reminded me of grfl reserves
No depth? Wooras bottom 6 would struggle to play senior footy at Moula and a certain Wakool player who was being picked on the bench has transferred to Koondrook Barham and is regularly in their best 5 in the seniors get real and get your c o c k out of the central murrays a r s e

September said:
Smaller? Thompson, Wheatley, Thorpe, Carroll, Doyle, Graham, Pollock etc just as big and playing much better footy, not relying on reputations. Less Skill? That amuses me ive seen woora play and it reminded me of grfl reserves
No depth? Wooras bottom 6 would struggle to play senior footy at Moula and a certain Wakool player who was being picked on the bench has transferred to Koondrook Barham and is regularly in their best 5 in the seniors get real and get your c o c k out of the central murrays a r s e

well why are woora's bottom 6 fringe players all playing senior footy at quamby-except demaria of course. think u need to consider what is being said by footy02. u watched woora on the coldest wettest windiest day this yr vs swan hill. so i dont think much can be said. there is a decent level of pace in the whole game between cmfl and grfl. that to me is the biggest deffernce. n i just cant see that wakool would beat woora

telstra101 said:
well why are woora's bottom 6 fringe players all playing senior footy at quamby-except demaria of course. think u need to consider what is being said by footy02. u watched woora on the coldest wettest windiest day this yr vs swan hill. so i dont think much can be said. there is a decent level of pace in the whole game between cmfl and grfl. that to me is the biggest deffernce. n i just cant see that wakool would beat woora
The Woora fringe players of last year as you put it that have headed out to quamby would be walk up starts in this years side at Woora.
Agree to disagree on the proposed Wakool matchup, i'd put money on Wakool
Top GRFL sides in general would be competitive with nearly all sides outside the top 5 in the cmfl at this point in time. Thats where the gap starts as the cmfl top 5 sides are progressively better than anything the grfl has to offer.

September said:
The Woora fringe players of last year as you put it that have headed out to quamby would be walk up starts in this years side at Woora.
Top GRFL sides in general would be competitive with nearly all sides outside the top 5 in the cmfl at this point in time. Thats where the gap starts as the cmfl top 5 sides are progressively better than anything the grfl has to offer.

i think that u have ur head too far up ur a r s e as u are finally having a good yr out at wakool, dont forget that u are spending more money than most cmfl could afford. The woora players may be walk up starts, but they were also in the side that quamby had that nearly beat wakool this yr. if it wanst for a send off and an injury to our best player (at the time!) we had them beat with 10 minutes to go. my money goes to woora

September said:

This is why the 2 leagues should join under the 1 banner and have 2 divisions. It would give struggling sides to drop down have some success in div 2 and get back up to division 1 and vice versa. I feel that this may also have a benefit on some clubs in the GRFL for recruitment wise being able to recruit players to a major league. Obviously with 3 clubs talking about leaving the CMFL and talk of the Mallee league having a short future the 2 leagues could be looking at around 18 clubs which would be 9 in each division which would create a bye and maybe give the players who would like a week off during the year this opportunity.

On the woora wakool debate, i havnt seen much of wakool but id just like to know who the hell would be able to stop the likes of kerr, teirney, robertson, prypke? These blokes are quality footballers in the cmfl and could all play in a much higher league. And backmen such as beasy, brooks and roberts would have the measure of most forwards in the grfl let alone wakool on its own. any comments?

Catter said:
B Humphries Condely Morton
HB Whelen Fitzpatrick Hewitt
C Lawry Korp Parker
HF Dickson Bode Auldist
F Atkins Thorpe Dillon
R Graham, Harvey, Bunyin
INT Chamberlain, M. Demeria, Hardman
What do you think. Do you think this side could get close to likes of Swan Hill or Balranald? Open to critism. Modify if need be.
Good post. Seems to be an over-representation of Nullawil though (7 players, compared to just one from the reigning premiers?). Atkin, Dillon, Lawry and Humphries could consider themselves lucky, with several better players running around in the comp (in my opinion).

footy02 said:
woorinen are a joke.. have no doubt about that... but they would walk all over wakool. you are on here talking about interleague and such and you cant find half of the key position players in the league. you name players that would not play in woora side. and this is suppose to be the best you have.... cmfl is far form the afl.. I just like to put things into perspective.. I have seen them both play. tell me. how can a side that is... smaller. less skill full. less depth. no where near as fit.. that has many travellers.. beat woora..
Your full of s h i t footy02. GRFL is not way near as bad as you (tosser) make it out to be. Sure your sides like Moula, Macorna's are very puss, but your top sides would definetly mix it with CMFL's lower sides. There is alot of quality players in the GRFL that would walk into any CMFL side. I bet if you ask Brad Carroll what the leauge is like he would say that when playing the better sides the standard is not that bad. I'm sure the standards c r ap when Balranald plays Woora or Nyah.

super snooper said:
Good post. Seems to be an over-representation of Nullawil though (7 players, compared to just one from the reigning premiers?). Atkin, Dillon, Lawry and Humphries could consider themselves lucky, with several better players running around in the comp (in my opinion).
and korp in the middle may be stretching it.

telstra101 said:
i think that u have ur head too far up ur a r s e as u are finally having a good yr out at wakool, dont forget that u are spending more money than most cmfl could afford. The woora players may be walk up starts, but they were also in the side that quamby had that nearly beat wakool this yr. if it wanst for a send off and an injury to our best player (at the time!) we had them beat with 10 minutes to go. my money goes to woora
I will pull a few strings and organise a post season hitout, although Woorineen will be a bit fresher after at least a month off!

clifton's lookalike said:
This is why the 2 leagues should join under the 1 banner and have 2 divisions. It would give struggling sides to drop down have some success in div 2 and get back up to division 1 and vice versa. I feel that this may also have a benefit on some clubs in the GRFL for recruitment wise being able to recruit players to a major league. Obviously with 3 clubs talking about leaving the CMFL and talk of the Mallee league having a short future the 2 leagues could be looking at around 18 clubs which would be 9 in each division which would create a bye and maybe give the players who would like a week off during the year this opportunity.

It appears certain you have no idea of what it takes to run a football club or league. there are huge differences between the 2 or three leagues, and it would not be possible for a div 2 team to be consistently be competeive at the higher level. I have been involved in some serious discussion about this and can assure you that it would not work. Money, quality of players, Netball Grades, and Juniors are all factors that nned early consideration, facilities eg 2 grounds, although some facilities in GRFL would be better than CMFL. OH the other major problem is the CMFL board has it head up its arse as it only thinks that there is one league in the district. Top five clubs could be competitive but the fact still remains the standard and styles of football is very different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigfellaH said:
It appears certain you have no idea of what it takes to run a football club or league. there are huge differences between the 2 or three leagues, and it would not be possible for a div 2 team to be consistently be competeive at the higher level. I have been involved in some serious discussion about this and can assure you that it would not work. Money, quality of players, Netball Grades, and Juniors are all factors that nned early consideration, facilities eg 2 grounds, although some facilities in GRFL would be better than CMFL. OH the other major problem is the CMFL board has it head up its arse as it only thinks that there is one league in the district. Top five clubs could be competitive but the fact still remains the standard and styles of football is very different.

you nearly had it right.. very well thought out for the first part however..
the cmfl should only think about the cmfl... and the top 5 would not be competitive.. get serious... same as the ametuers in melbourne.. the top 2 sides form division 2 that go up to one are 9o percent of the time religated the next year.. One club i know of played off in the gf in division 2 and the following year were competitive.. however to do so they recruited 12 good players.. ex afl for a few of them... very good point about the netball and juniors BIGFELLA. good post..

September said:
Just my opinion, no need to get angry..pollock has played in every bottom side in cmpl and wouldnt get a game in any side.absolutely unfit.. difference between big players. and big players that are fit, quick and HARD at the footy.. Thorpe is rather old. still good footballer.. As for catters side. I would say 10 to 12 goals down to balranald..
read the post about the ametuers in melbourne.. true account of what the differece is like.. any they are clubs that do not struggle for numbers.. and have no travellers, get 40 to 50 at training, have depth.. and they still cant crack the top division..... work it out....

footy02 said:
Just my opinion, no need to get angry..pollock has played in every bottom side in cmpl and wouldnt get a game in any side.absolutely unfit.. difference between big players. and big players that are fit, quick and HARD at the footy.. Thorpe is rather old. still good footballer.. As for catters side. I would say 10 to 12 goals down to balranald..
read the post about the ametuers in melbourne.. true account of what the differece is like.. any they are clubs that do not struggle for numbers.. and have no travellers, get 40 to 50 at training, have depth.. and they still cant crack the top division..... work it out....
Dont get me wrong, I am in no way in support of combining the leagues to create 2 divisions, would not be good for footy in our region.
Think your a bit harsh on Pollock, was no 1 ruckman at a side that played off in the Prelim final in the cmfl just a few years back and when on song takes some stopping. Not in great form at the minute but nether are the big guys mentioned in previous posts.
Catters side was pretty ordinary, could name another side from the league that would flog that one so don't take too much from that.
Depth is the key when comparing leagues/ teams etc. something which metropolitan clubs have plenty of thus making it difficult to make a comparison. The lack of depth in the lower echelon of cmfl clubs is the reason why the best couple of teams in the grfl would match it with them and probably beat the bottom couple.

BigfellaH said:

So who was the serious discussion between on this topic and what were the outcomes? Was there an enquiry done and where has it been documented so that the public can have a look for themselves. I agree with the CMFL board statement but in my opinion neither league will move forward unless we become a major zone for football and with new infastructure and types of work reportedly moving to this area shorely employment opportunities come up and these 2 leagues could work TOGETHER to make football better in the area.

September said:
Dont get me wrong, I am in no way in support of combining the leagues to create 2 divisions, would not be good for footy in our region.
Think your a bit harsh on Pollock, was no 1 ruckman at a side that played off in the Prelim final in the cmfl just a few years back and when on song takes some stopping. Not in great form at the minute but nether are the big guys mentioned in previous posts.
Catters side was pretty ordinary, could name another side from the league that would flog that one so don't take too much from that.
Depth is the key when comparing leagues/ teams etc. something which metropolitan clubs have plenty of thus making it difficult to make a comparison. The lack of depth in the lower echelon of cmfl clubs is the reason why the best couple of teams in the grfl would match it with them and probably beat the bottom couple.
agree with pollock.. can take stopping.. can play footy.. when he is fit..
The only way football will improve in the area is if a major university is built....... Hope glenn stewart achieves this...

September said:

What type of isde would you assemble. Quick note its great to talk footy on the site for once. Some reason the Ultima boys have been either a bit quiet or talking sense

This week ends tips:
Murrabit v Moulamein : Moula's woes to continue, Josh Logan a standout
in a struggling side while M'bit boys will be happy
to take the points.

Nullawill v Macorna: Pat's Tigers riding high but tough assignment at Nully
Bode's side ticking along nicely, Maroons by 32 pts

Quamby v Hay: Arguably game of the round,both sides match up well
but its Hay for me in a tough encounter, 17 pts.

Ultima v Wandella Another close encounter, Matt Chamberlain playing
great footy for his beloved bomber's, but Ultima to win
and atone for last week

*CMFL supporters love watching players like Arentz doing his thing in the square, big Lloyd'y taking yet another big grab and and Mr Filo duckin and weavin, the faithful at Boga bringing the house down, and as such, the GRFL supporters love watching their heroes, Fingers talkin it up,the sheer determination of blokes like, Pryor, Bode,Bray,Pelligrino, Lukey Maher, Harvey and many others. Lets drop the "who is the best King ****" competition and remember that footy is a game for all the people to enjoy on ALL levels and the sooner the AFL and their netball game, together with the VCFL and their own agenda's butt out, the better.

Spoton said:
This week ends tips:
Murrabit v Moulamein : Moula's woes to continue, Josh Logan a standout
in a struggling side while M'bit boys will be happy
to take the points.

Nullawill v Macorna: Pat's Tigers riding high but tough assignment at Nully
Bode's side ticking along nicely, Maroons by 32 pts

Quamby v Hay: Arguably game of the round,both sides match up well
but its Hay for me in a tough encounter, 17 pts.

Ultima v Wandella Another close encounter, Matt Chamberlain playing
great footy for his beloved bomber's, but Ultima to win
and atone for last week

*CMFL supporters love watching players like Arentz doing his thing in the square, big Lloyd'y taking yet another big grab and and Mr Filo duckin and weavin, the faithful at Boga bringing the house down, and as such, the GRFL supporters love watching their heroes, Fingers talkin it up,the sheer determination of blokes like, Pryor, Bode,Bray,Pelligrino, Lukey Maher, Harvey and many others. Lets drop the "who is the best King ****" competition and remember that footy is a game for all the people to enjoy on ALL levels and the sooner the AFL and their netball game, together with the VCFL and their own agenda's butt out, the better.

HERE HERE, NICE ONE SPOTON:thumbsu: !!!!!

Your dead right Spoton :thumbsu:
I agree with all you tips this weekend. If I was to pick a roughie i would have to say Macorna if Nulli have a horror day of course....

Catter said:
What type of isde would you assemble. Quick note its great to talk footy on the site for once. Some reason the Ultima boys have been either a bit quiet or talking sense
Just one i've quickly thrown together, assuming I cant use those in your side

B Smith D Thompson J Condely
L.Maher R Lancaster M Felise
Harrison S Pearse S Hutchins
J Bray J Carroll B Hein
L Wilson N Henery M Free

S Laidlaw B Hogan P Morris

Would like to include Dickson, Morton, Whelan, Fitzpatrick, Harvey, Graham, Parker, Bode ideally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back