Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
September said:
Yes harvs is carrying an injury at the moment and wil not fulfill state duties.
He will play this week, but in reply to you earlier post I will be absent for 1-2 weeks. Think a few guys have been a bit harsh on Quambys away rooms, from memory there not too bad, certainly not as bad as Wandella or Murrabit for that matter. Wandella's are an absolute disgrace and take me back to the days of playing out at Appin.

What about ice is he in the squad? or to much travel involved?

pat noonan said:
What about ice is he in the squad? or to much travel involved?
Wasn't chosen in initial squad, probably a good thing as i doubt he would put his own interests above that of the club and miss a round, though he is good enough

ricky gervais said:
Doesn't sound like the jason pickering i know. sure he's been a paid player in the past, but he went out to ultima this year to play with mates at no cost to the club. in actual fact he spends most weekends helping out on the new extensions at the club, and volunteers to work on the gate and in the bar most weeks. money means very little to young pickas, as shown on the weekend where he shouted the bar most the night at a little get together of mates. an absolute gem of a bloke. :thumbsu:

He shouted!!!!!!!

September said:
Yes harvs is carrying an injury at the moment and wil not fulfill state duties.
He will play this week, but in reply to you earlier post I will be absent for 1-2 weeks. Think a few guys have been a bit harsh on Quambys away rooms, from memory there not too bad, certainly not as bad as Wandella or Murrabit for that matter. Wandella's are an absolute disgrace and take me back to the days of playing out at Appin.

Again i will disagree with such comments 2wards quambys rooms!! Dead set couldnt even fit a team of short people in those rooms!! MUrrabits may not be state of the art but atleast there is breathing space within!! No such chance of having a warm up in something like that! Wandella would have the worst away teams in the league, but is the only place i no 2 have showers in a tin shed!!!

facts_rite said:
Again i will disagree with such comments 2wards quambys rooms!! Dead set couldnt even fit a team of short people in those rooms!! MUrrabits may not be state of the art but atleast there is breathing space within!! No such chance of having a warm up in something like that! Wandella would have the worst away teams in the league, but is the only place i no 2 have showers in a tin shed!!!

Tin shed, thats being a bit to nice. It is a disgrace that a visiting side has to change in those sheds. The only good thing about it is that you can run straight out of the rooms and down the hill. I reckon Wandella would be doing themselves out of some bar business having the visitors way over there. The last thing you want to do is treak across the oval to have a couple of beers. Agree with the quamby rooms, not good at all. But as i said before if the weather is fine there is plenty of room to warm up out the back. I would rather warm up out the back and play at Quamby than play at kerang..

nogood said:
Tin shed, thats being a bit to nice. It is a disgrace that a visiting side has to change in those sheds. The only good thing about it is that you can run straight out of the rooms and down the hill. I reckon Wandella would be doing themselves out of some bar business having the visitors way over there. The last thing you want to do is treak across the oval to have a couple of beers. Agree with the quamby rooms, not good at all. But as i said before if the weather is fine there is plenty of room to warm up out the back. I would rather warm up out the back and play at Quamby than play at kerang..

Well lil rig then for the wandella rooms, again agree with the remarks on a disgrace and think that Keith and co @ the league should put the foot down coz it shouldnt b aloud. Again, agree with the bar business, having the rooms so far away really does ruin the atmosphere of the footy!! Its ok walkin down hill 2 get a frophy but uve always gotta make it bak up!! Yeah Quamby do need 2 upgrade but i will have 2 disagree with you on the Kerang factor. Kerang has the ground and facilites to cover any grand final in the region. Although you can blame the ground for the atmosphere problem the crowd makes the atmosphere, and if this is a problem then the supporters should be having a long hard look @ themselves!!!

September said:
Think a few guys have been a bit harsh on Quambys away rooms, from memory there not too bad, certainly not as bad as Wandella or Murrabit for that matter. Wandella's are an absolute disgrace and take me back to the days of playing out at Appin.
Quambys away rooms would be close to worst in the region. I would much prefer Wandellas away rooms, plenty of room to warm up. Quamby need to do something about there jockey sized rooms.

champ said:
Quambys away rooms would be close to worst in the region. I would much prefer Wandellas away rooms, plenty of room to warm up. Quamby need to do something about there jockey sized rooms.

will back u up there champ on the room size of quamby, but theres something about gettin changed in a tin shed 2 play footy that doesnt really do it for me!!! Wat do u think??

champ said:
If I didn't know better I would say that you must play for Wandella and have never set foot in the away rooms. The Big Bad Wolf wouldn't even have to huff and puff and he could knock the bastard over. Murrabit have got a 1920's gym that takes up a significant portion of the away rooms.
Realistically no away rooms in the league allow for a decent warm up.
A bit of a stretch here and there and a 2 metre handball isn't gunna warm anyone up. Hay and Quamby have plenty of room outside to genuinely work a sweat up.

Alright, enough talk about facilities, let get back to the footy.

Average round of matches this week, with comfortable margins expected.

Macorna to record another win against Moula
Wakool to belt Quamby
Nully to do it easy against Wandella
Murrabit to beat Hay.

Hay and Wandella will be keen to pinch a win against a team above them, and if they can do so, they will firm up their finals chances. However i think they will both fall short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

super snooper said:

Wakool to belt Quamby
Murrabit to beat Hay.

Hay and Wandella will be keen to pinch a win against a team above them, and if they can do so, they will firm up their finals chances. However i think they will both fall short.

Nullawil and Wandella could be a close one. Wandella have been travelling well of late. Also Hay in an unpet over Murrabit if big Fitzpatrick plays in the ruck all day.

I agree. Wandella aren't without a chance. Hay are terribly out of form at the moment, maybe the long bus ride every second week is finally taking its toll on the motivation levels of a few.

super snooper said:

Wakool to belt Quamby
Murrabit to beat Hay.

Your on the money there SS,expect bigger things from Hay this week, options slowly drying up and a win against the blues will keep the wolves, sorry Bombers, at bay until the final round when all will be revealed!! Moula's last chance on sat and going back 12 months at the same venue, thay had a win. Unfortunately, Macorna, will be too strong this time round
Good luck to all !!!!

My tips for this week:

Wakool just over quamby, got a few blokes out and quamby pushed us last time

Nullawil by less than a kick over Wandella

Macorna easily over Moulamein

Murrabit comfortably over Hay

The weather to be fine

Wandellas away rooms to fall down

September said:
My tips for this week:

The weather to be fine

Whos out September, and where you lining up?

According to the paper Kearney and Graham are back in this week. They are some pretty big ins. There must be some big outs for you to be worried???

September said:
My tips for this week:

The weather to be fine

My tips for the weekend

Nullawil by 4 goals against wandella, is poodle morris in??

Murrabit Hay will b a craka, Hay have a point 2 prove but Murrabit will get up just....

Macorna Moula, battle of the titans only 2 c Macorna just against Pryor's boys

If wakool cant beat quamby comfortably, i dont know wat 2 think!!! Although Quamby can seem 2 b potent, i cant see an upset!

Nullawil 20.15 (135) v Wandella 6.7 (43)
Murrabit 21.18 (144) v Hay 14.9 (93)
Moulamein 25.14 (164) v Macorna 17.11 (113)
Quambatook 10.13 (73) v Wakool 33.11 (209)

Watched Wakool thump Quamby and they done it easy. Harvey with 11 and all without going out of the 50 line was great to see. Wakool had 4 players out and Doyle on the bench injured in the second half and still kicked 33 goals. Also word has it that another Melbounre star (and x AFL) is set to make an appearance this weekend and if so he will drew big crowds each week.
The Quamby ground was excellent but definitly no room in the changerooms for half a team.

Tassie Devil said:
Watched Wakool thump Quamby and they done it easy. Harvey with 11 and all without going out of the 50 line was great to see. Wakool had 4 players out and Doyle on the bench injured in the second half and still kicked 33 goals. Also word has it that another Melbounre star (and x AFL) is set to make an appearance this weekend and if so he will drew big crowds each week.
The Quamby ground was excellent but definitly no room in the changerooms for half a team.

being able to have Harvey in the forward 50 on a full time basis could cause opposition teams a bit of a headache. Where did big leigh schoular play ? did he ruck or did graham and pollock do most of the ruck work. Good to hear there was a good crowd at quamby. With all the negative talk about what wakool is paying out for players the extra gate money that clubs are getting because of these players is good for the clubs and the league, i hope everyone realises that.

Tassie Devil said:

Couldn't find the x AFL bloke on Wakools list of players that signed prior to June 30, and it is too late for clearances now, so is this really true Tassie Devil? If it is surely you would drop a name for you fellow Big Footy readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back