Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEE-R-OTTER said:
LEN I think you will find Wandella play Murrabit this week????:confused:

Thanks ol mate, gettin a head of myself !!!!

Did u see the Hay / Wandella game?? Any thoughts?

ROOTA#6 said:
Will there be a story in the Times about Moulamein being caught playing unreg'd players last week

I'm sure Benny Carter has his finger on the pulse. He just had an off day last week when he thought he was interviewing our coach but instead it was Will Ritchie.

LENNY69 said:
Thanks ol mate, gettin a head of myself !!!!

Did u see the Hay / Wandella game?? Any thoughts?

Hay would have been a bit nervous when they saw DICKSON writtten on the team sheet for the seconds - luckily for them it was Greg's dad David eh?

Two Dickson's in one day, poor old Dicko was a white as a ghost before he ran out! not bad for fifty-something bloke but:D

Reckon they will both line up in the one's this week?:p

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Hay would have been a bit nervous when they saw DICKSON writtten on the team sheet for the seconds - luckily for them it was Greg's dad David eh?

Two Dickson's in one day, poor old Dicko was a white as a ghost before he ran out! not bad for fifty-something bloke but:D

Reckon they will both line up in the one's this week?:p

Dave still looks fit enough to play seniors, but two dicko's on the one ground !! Not sure we are ready for that!!!! :D

ROOTA#6 said:
Will there be a story in the Times about Moulamein being caught playing unreg'd players last week

League seem to be a bit soft with BIG issues, Roota, bad image for the league if press gets hold of it.

bigtube said:
League seem to be a bit soft with BIG issues, Roota, bad image for the league if press gets hold of it.

I agree tube the league are more worried about negative feed back from this incident and this is why they have tried to sweep it under the carpet.
They are more worried about big finals crowds than a player getting his ear nearly bitten off...... Shame Shame! :(

Hey, what are nully up to this year? Is it a final five? They have a fair spread of players there, little kezza ako, a few smithies, them gold smith lads, rick hoges, spida coffey. What are these players up to? Any of the hewitt lads still kicking around? Is bode from deniliquin coaching?

PARROT9 said:
I agree tube the league are more worried about negative feed back from this incident and this is why they have tried to sweep it under the carpet.
They are more worried about big finals crowds than a player getting his ear nearly bitten off...... Shame Shame! :(

Umpires seem to have got it all wrong going to the press instead of the league,

And then there were 3! By the looks of the scoreline Wandella didnt really put up much of a fite?? But bad luck 2 them, fantastic effort to make top 4 considering the amount of losses and last years 2nds players playing in the top grade, its a credit to Chum! Now the league should change the venue of the prelim, haha. Well Nullawil V Wakool in the big 2nd Semi should b a craka. Any ideas of wat the starting line ups will consist of??

onthemoney said:
Can any1 tell me the results of todays first semi??? after a seniors score but wuld also luv 2 hear the otha results.
Murrabit 22.9 def Wandella 10.10
Hay won the seconds just
Wandella upset Wakool in the thirds.

Nackas said:
And then there were 3! By the looks of the scoreline Wandella didnt really put up much of a fite?? But bad luck 2 them, fantastic effort to make top 4 considering the amount of losses and last years 2nds players playing in the top grade, its a credit to Chum! Now the league should change the venue of the prelim, haha. Well Nullawil V Wakool in the big 2nd Semi should b a craka. Any ideas of wat the starting line ups will consist of??

Yes well if you look at it closley they still had their top core players playing this year in Dicko, Ice, Poodle, Chum, Meehan, Fish and Lancaster. All quality players that performed well in the past two home and away seasons.
The only real "losses" of note would be Bellenger whom was a quality in and under player and Johns whom went missing last year anyway??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Yes well if you look at it closley they still had their top core players playing this year in Dicko, Ice, Poodle, Chum, Meehan, Fish and Lancaster. All quality players that performed well in the past two home and away seasons.
The only real "losses" of note would be Bellenger whom was a quality in and under player and Johns whom went missing last year anyway??:confused:

Yeah fair point there i wont deny that they had all their players from last year but didnt exactly recruit heavily where as majority of the clubs in the league did recruit and keep players from last year, so not much can really be expected of the lads when there was no recruiting done, that was my point and sorry i didnt put it ova real well

Nackas said:
Yeah fair point there i wont deny that they had all their players from last year but didnt exactly recruit heavily where as majority of the clubs in the league did recruit and keep players from last year, so not much can really be expected of the lads when there was no recruiting done, that was my point and sorry i didnt put it ova real well
Wandella's core remained although they lost depth. Put together some good football in the last half of the season, but again went missing in the finals when the heat was on.:thumbsdown:

TEE-R-OTTER said:

I think Wandella actually lost 9 senior players from last year and recruited not one senior player. Woods could kick goals, Doyle was a better ruckman than Fish, Mellington was the backbone of the backline, Pay and Laidlaw had plenty of class, Greenwood had won a club B&f, So any improvement had to come from their younger players. I don't think you can blame the players for the drop in performance this season, I think the club need to look long and hard at how they recruite new players to them.

backpocket93 said:
I think Wandella actually lost 9 senior players from last year and recruited not one senior player. Woods could kick goals, Doyle was a better ruckman than Fish, Mellington was the backbone of the backline, Pay and Laidlaw had plenty of class, Greenwood had won a club B&f, So any improvement had to come from their younger players. I don't think you can blame the players for the drop in performance this season, I think the club need to look long and hard at how they recruite new players to them.
Isnt the J-Train lining up for the bombers next season, could be the factor in getting the perrenial bridsmaids over the line

Trent the flight Steward said:
Isnt the J-Train lining up for the bombers next season, could be the factor in getting the perrenial bridsmaids over the line

I've aked a few people who the hell the J -Train is and no one seems to know who he is.

backpocket93 said:

Making the joint a little more attractive will improve the clubs marketing ability. They seem to be doing something about that are they not?
New additions to the clubrooms?
A few feet off the hill would be good too:D .
Mellington played this year didn't he? Injured?

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Making the joint a little more attractive will improve the clubs marketing ability. They seem to be doing something about that are they not?
New additions to the clubrooms?
A few feet off the hill would be good too:D .
Mellington played this year didn't he? Injured?

You cant help but fall in love with the hill and picturesque surrounds of the wandella reserve, as well as the flies makes the day.....
i have heard if daniel smith goes to ultima as assistant coach then the J-Train will follow smith there
why dosnt Jason Greenwood play anymore?

You cant help but fall in love with the hill and picturesque surrounds of the wandella reserve, as well as the flies makes the day.....
i have heard if daniel smith goes to ultima as assistant coach then the J-Train will follow smith there
why dosnt Jason Greenwood play anymore?
Who is Daniel Smith and if the j train is nathan johns who says ultima would want him.

Smith is a 3 time premiership rover at Calivil United and the J-Train is definetly not Nathan Johns, but is believed to have played seniors at Sth Bendigo

a few names spring to mind: justin schubert, james flarhety, julian lake, jake matthews, or maybe someone else that greg dickson played with, or should i say trained with, as dicko only played 2's there... smith won't be assistant coach, maybe under 17's coach or senior fitness coach!

Smith is a 3 time premiership rover at Calivil United and the J-Train is definetly not Nathan Johns, but is believed to have played seniors at Sth Bendigo

after reading your previous quotes, i know who you are and this j train you speak of is in fact julian lake and will play for ultima before he plays for wandella... thanks current south backman!

DOCKERS said:
after reading your previous quotes, i know who you are and this j train you speak of is in fact julian lake and will play for ultima before he plays for wandella... thanks current south backman!

Aparantley ultima need a couple more from bendigo to make it an even car load or 2 from bendigo !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back