Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
last years grand final side for kerang, Robertson, birchmore, chamberlain, t.coates, thamm, bott, mckenzie, treacy, holdstock, m.coates, kelm, wilson, shay, buddha, morrison is that not local talent? good call tee rotter,

Sorry for the mis understanding chook, i was refering to "new" players to the club, ones that haven't Played there before... Mckenzie being the only one that is "new"...

Don't know about him being dirty as such old flight steward, was very tough player and always squared the ledger when one of his young players were sniped by the opposition players.

Obviously rRordan who used to play for Moulamein would have to be one of the dirtiest as well as Fleming from Murrabit

mmm... Fleming? Hardly, wouldn't classify him as "dirty" But very hard at it, solid body.

She-man or sheahan From Nully Well up their in the cheapo stakes

Anybody hear how Murrabit are going with their recruiting? Normally pull one out of their proverbial, who can play a bit. Last years was Jackman from Mitiamo I beleive. Butch should be just about to dust off the Blueboys Chequebook. Not that much ever settles on it.
Ettershank is the only one I have heard of.
Also a couple from NCFL.

AV, been thinking about this...
Big Butch is a sponsor of kerang... his barman (Nick) plays in Kerang... His son plays in kerang.... Don't think he has much to do with the recruiting out there now? Dunno?

well if mckenzie is new being from wandella then is t. and m. coates, bott, treacy, chamberlain, new aswell and shay who began at appin

mmm... Fleming? Hardly, wouldn't classify him as "dirty" But very hard at it, solid body.

She-man or sheahan From Nully Well up their in the cheapo stakes

Fleming is a dirty b a s t a r d! Comes out with the cheap shots has been doin it all his life!!! I Gotta Veteran of the dirtyness 2 chuk in! The man himself, Lachy Allison!!!!

Well in my day there was alot of very hard at the footy players and I never looked at individuals just teams as a whole. From this the worst team going around was Rovers with Moulamein not far behind. But i will never forget the day the slimmy Barry Prendergast thought he would try his dirty style of play on the magician David Landini, well we all know who ended up in hospital. Cost Barry any chance of a footy career on the field when he rcovered.
If ya looking for the dirtiest player then ya must go way back to the master of then all as acording to all the greats from the past Stuart Martin who hailed from Murrabit was only interested in one thing and that was making oponents bleed.
As long as its good hard footy and not behind the play it will be good for the game.

i think our comp has cleaned up a fair bit over the years. Not too many thugs anymore, however a few boys from hay forget there is a football sometimes.

interesting. I thought he had desires to coach the side and from all reports the cmte was behind him. couldn't have been on good coin could he? where was home?
Doubt the committee would support a coach travelling from Ballarat

AV, been thinking about this...
Big Butch is a sponsor of kerang... his barman (Nick) plays in Kerang... His son plays in kerang.... Don't think he has much to do with the recruiting out there now? Dunno?

Good call T.R.Otter. Jars played out there at Murrabit 2005. Butch's son is running out of clubs to play for in the district. Also, you don't think he is not passively keeping an eye out for a potential matchwinner for Murrabit Seniors? He may have stopped actively looking for players. But if one passed through town looking for a footy club, who do you think he would say? His sponsorship of Kerang is purely a business venture. Nothing more. His heart is still very much Royal Blue with White trimmings.
Don't get me wrong, I like Butch and his establishment very much. Great atmosphere and great beer.

tee-r-otter, if all of the mentioned players and possibly others having played for kerang before this year, doesnt that make them locals? and does this go againt your previous statements of no local players at kerang? im confused..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt the committee would support a coach travelling from Ballarat

Heoch and September, you are both off your heads.

Wilson got on with most players at quamby and certainly had the respect of me. He certainly was a loss, especialy late in the season when injuries hurt our depth. I think he left because all but 4 of the senior players where new to the club and travelling from Ballarat he felt out of the loop now that his mates from previous years were gone, he was no longer apart of the inner cirlce so to speak. In previous Quamby had players coming from everywhere and he was main man that held them all together. In the past year or so there has been a shift towards recruiting swan hill based players, maybe in an attempt to get more than 6 players to training on a thursday night.
Not being around the club he missed out on alot and the episode about not being told about the Sunday keg was an example. The quamby people assumed he would either drive back to B'rat that night or not be able to drink drive on the sunday anyway. His point was that he just wanted to be told.

well if mckenzie is new being from wandella then is t. and m. coates, bott, treacy, chamberlain, new aswell and shay who began at appin
well we can add the J-Train to that list! surely to have some pulling power with getting a few of those blokes back!

Heoch and September, you are both off your heads.

Wilson got on with most players at quamby and certainly had the respect of me. He certainly was a loss, especialy late in the season when injuries hurt our depth. I think he left because all but 4 of the senior players where new to the club and travelling from Ballarat he felt out of the loop now that his mates from previous years were gone, he was no longer apart of the inner cirlce so to speak. In previous Quamby had players coming from everywhere and he was main man that held them all together. In the past year or so there has been a shift towards recruiting swan hill based players, maybe in an attempt to get more than 6 players to training on a thursday night.
Not being around the club he missed out on alot and the episode about not being told about the Sunday keg was an example. The quamby people assumed he would either drive back to B'rat that night or not be able to drink drive on the sunday anyway. His point was that he just wanted to be told.
Sounds like a bit of an attention seeker to me. You must be new to the club as well as those that know him well do not share your sentiments

Fleming is a dirty b a s t a r d! Comes out with the cheap shots has been doin it all his life!!! I Gotta Veteran of the dirtyness 2 chuk in! The man himself, Lachy Allison!!!!

I tend to disagree with you there I think Fleming (the artist) has been blessed with ability and has never needed to rely on dirty tactics. You must know him well to say that he has been doing it all his life?
I just think to call him that is a bit rough.... ;)

Sounds like a bit of an attention seeker to me. You must be new to the club as well as those that know him well do not share your sentiments

something must have gone terribly wrong with the club if missing out on a few beers one Sunday meant that Quamby lost a hard running player of ability.

something must have gone terribly wrong with the club if missing out on a few beers one Sunday meant that Quamby lost a hard running player of ability.
Sounds like how he would describe himself. Think something went terribly wrong with the player not the club if that caused his departure. All a bit childish for my liking.

Sounds like how he would describe himself. Think something went terribly wrong with the player not the club if that caused his departure. All a bit childish for my liking.

does sound that way. thanks for the info gents.

Very very quick to protect the integrity of the once mighty Saints, there Septuplet. How do you rate Tim Free as a player? He had success in both the CMFL and GRFL and throws himself where angels fear to tread.

Very very quick to protect the integrity of the once mighty Saints, there Septuplet. How do you rate Tim Free as a player? He had success in both the CMFL and GRFL and throws himself where angels fear to tread.
Not protecting the club at all, quite frankly couldn't care less what happens out there, we have them in round 3 and would be great to continue our succession of wins against them. Know a few of the blokes out there pretty well and they are not fans of Mr Wilson. Since I moved to the area both times we played Quamby Tim didn't play so cant really say. Needs a decent preseason from all reports

Agree there vet. September is a saints man, despite what he claims.
That would be difficult considering I live and work in Deniliquin and my old man was on the committee at Wakool last year. I have relations and close friends out at Quamby

That would be difficult considering I live and work in Deniliquin and my old man was on the committee at Wakool last year. I have relations and close friends out at Quamby

The deceit continues. You really do have your story worked out don't you! C'mon mate tell the truth and you'll feel much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back