Good Friday footy - what's the pass mark for the crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is there a game on good Friday. Showing absolutely no respect.

There's plenty to do on that day....

*EDIT*

I'm being sarcastic

Some Christians do object to it. But they aren't disrespectful to those who have a different POV.

Maybe you could learn from that, bud, instead of making a gratuitous comment.

Quality Post

Unfortunately all throughout North's history they have proved themselves to be the club that just flies in and flies out. They historicaly do just enough to get the match payments - nothing more

(Did no community work while playing in Sydney and Canberra as a prime example)

Look what Collingwood and Essendon have done the with Anzac day game. Corporates literally fall over one another to attend this game.

Yet all North seen to have done to promote the inaugural GF clash at Etihad is to send Brad Scott along to the RCH to get his picture taken with a sick kid.

What are Geelong and Hawks doing to promote their blockbuster stand alone Easter Monday game? How many need to to attend for that crowd to be considered a success? 75K? Good luck.

Short version is "we dont need to"

If essendon need to, collingwood need to, im surprised north and the dogs dont

You carry on about promotion, north have been promoting the sh*t out of this game, but the media bias is ridiculous and always against north.

A clear example of this is on the afl website today carry on about whether Richmond can win the premiership - when north was 9-0 the media was talking about how many games north will have to lose in order to miss the 8!

How will other clubs outside of the big 5 vic clubs (not to mention the other vic clubs) ever get a leg up when they create innovations like friday night footy to help their team, only for it to be taken away and given to the big clubs.

You carry on about promotion, north have been promoting the sh*t out of this game, but the media bias is ridiculous and always against north.

A clear example of this is on the afl website today carry on about whether Richmond can win the premiership - when north was 9-0 the media was talking about how many games north will have to lose in order to miss the 8!

How will other clubs outside of the big 5 vic clubs (not to mention the other vic clubs) ever get a leg up when they create innovations like friday night footy to help their team, only for it to be taken away and given to the big clubs.

So wait, youre saying they are promoting the shit out of it, but others are saying its a deliberate strategy to be low key. Which is it?

Fwiw i listen to sen daily, and im yet to hear any discussion of this game

So wait, youre saying they are promoting the shit out of it, but others are saying its a deliberate strategy to be low key. Which is it?

Fwiw i listen to sen daily, and im yet to hear any discussion of this game

if you go to the north website it's all over the place, all over their social media etc etc.

i'm from perth so i have no idea about vic radio, but like all afl media this is no different to any north game - no hype or discussion at all. again, not north's fault, it's the media flogs that all support the big 5.

If its less than 45000 the AFL should review the teams involved. North IMO will rely on Bulldog supporters to show up and if 1 small Victorian club relys on another Victorian small club to pull in at least 30000 supporters to show up as they only expect say 15000 of own supporters to attend then they're is a problem

Second criteria needs to be that game is entertaining. 60 pt thrashing won't do it
A lack of entertaining has never stopped the Richmond vs Carlton opener.

if you go to the north website it's all over the place, all over their social media etc etc.

i'm from perth so i have no idea about vic radio, but like all afl media this is no different to any north game - no hype or discussion at all. again, not north's fault, it's the media flogs that all support the big 5.

Who the **** goes to the north website?

As for the media, stop moaning and get in their face. Media want and need content, if you give it to them they will run it.

You know why the afl site did that stupid rfc question? They knew it would generate clicks. Thats it.

Give the media something people will read,watch,listen to, and youll get coverage. Sitting on your arse waiting for them to come wont

As for the media, stop moaning and get in their face. Media want and need content, if you give it to them they will run it.

You know why the afl site did that stupid rfc question? They knew it would generate clicks. Thats it.

Give the media something people will read,watch,listen to, and youll get coverage. Sitting on your arse waiting for them to come wont

Didn't you admit you're on the road?

It has been in both papers every day this week. Give it up.

Didn't you admit you're on the road?

It has been in both papers every day this week. Give it up.

Yeah, and i have a thing called a radio in the car. Cant listen 24/7 but between meetings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how many did they lose?

Seriously? you proved my point in bold, the media are lazy f*cks who will only use the big clubs to get clicks.

Every north interview this year has mentioned good friday. Last week they make a $9m offer and it gets critised by the likes of your filth caro wilson and every other media personality (just like with the dogs and boyd). Meanwhile when you give up a top picks for prestia it gets all praise and talked about for months on end, the kelly contract is barely a week old and the media flogs have dismissed it so much so that's it's old news.

You're no media expert or else you'd be working right now on here so don't give me some BS about getting in the media's face, north's media department has been, but it's the systemic love for the big 5 and hate for north from the media aswell as the afl - obviously because they both predicted north's demise in 2007 and since then north have thrived and proved them all wrong.

If its less than 45000 the AFL should review the teams involved. North IMO will rely on Bulldog supporters to show up and if 1 small Victorian club relys on another Victorian small club to pull in at least 30000 supporters to show up as they only expect say 15000 of own supporters to attend then they're is a problem

Second criteria needs to be that game is entertaining. 60 pt thrashing won't do it
So Carlton wont get any prime time games for the next 10 years?

review the teams so what? it's given to 2 big clubs and the smalls ones continue to struggle?

ffs how many innovative ideas does north have to get stolen from them before they're given a chance.

I maintain that the Showdown is the perfect clash for Good Friday.

Thing about standalone marquee matches... particularly those on public holidays when people who aren't normally into footy might be flicking around on TV... is you need it to be a marketing tool. You want them to see something great that will get them in.

The Showdown is probably the one game which will always produce an emotional spectacle and palpable atmosphere no matter what. The Derby as well I guess, but the Showdown is another level.

Crows v Port in the City of Churches would work best as a permanent fixture imo and the AFL could really create something with it.

North v Bulldogs seems just a strange choice. There's no current, geographic or traditional rivalry, I don't really see what it presents for the neutral.

Of course footy fans will still watch it, but for others who are bored and tune in, will it really be an atmosphere that grabs them?

I'm not saying either of those clubs shouldn't be involved, its just an odd matchup for mine. I'm sure if you asked both sets of fans who they consider their rivals, the other wouldn't be high up the list. I'm sure if you told either club they were to host the game and could have their pick of opponents to ensure a sellout and great atmosphere, neither would choose the other.

For all the myriad of options and combinations available, for all the massive buildup to footy on "the most boring day of the year", which has gone on for decades... if we have a game that can't even sell out a 50k stadium, it all seems very odd.

North seem to believe they have a birthright to it. If that is the case, ok. Tell them it's there's to host where they want against who they want to ensure the best game, crowd, event and atmosphere. I highly doubt they'd have picked the Bulldogs.

Showdown last saturday night rated 238,000 in Adelaide (record audience in a home and away game) along with 53,698 attendance (aside the 10 idiots who acted like petulant children). Imagine combining that with a FTA audience, it would rate close to 1.5 million. Last year adelaide had 1.3 million audience against Hawthorn and Geelong. Our team rates really well on TV.

ffs how many innovative ideas does north have to get stolen from them before they're given a chance.
Come on now, don't play the North victim card.

You've got your big chance tomorrow and therefore that's why I created this thread.

Pack it out with 45,000+ and no one will take it off you. It's all in the numbers.

Seriously? you proved my point in bold, the media are lazy f*cks who will only use the big clubs to get clicks.

Every north interview this year has mentioned good friday. Last week they make a $9m offer and it gets critised by the likes of your filth caro wilson and every other media personality (just like with the dogs and boyd). Meanwhile when you give up a top picks for prestia it gets all praise and talked about for months on end, the kelly contract is barely a week old and the media flogs have dismissed it so much so that's it's old news.

You're no media expert or else you'd be working right now on here so don't give me some BS about getting in the media's face, north's media department has been, but it's the systemic love for the big 5 and hate for north from the media aswell as the afl - obviously because they both predicted north's demise in 2007 and since then north have thrived and proved them all wrong.

1) give the media better content than "will the tigs win the flag" and they will run with it. It needs to be done in a way that will interest punters though, otherwise it eill be ignored

2) i knocked the prestia deal, and caro slagged us off over martin, so dont get too precious. Everyone slammed the swans deal to buddy, and u basically copied it. Media reaction is consistent on that regard

3) media dont hate north. Media just want clicks and attention to their stories. Drop the victim mentality and learn how to feed the beast. Also fwiw, rfc would be hating that afl article about us being premiership contenders

There's a narrative that North should get Good Friday. The AFL seem to agree, so that's fine.

If that's the case they should have been given the opportunity to negotiate and pick a willing opponent to make the absolute best go of it possible. They themselves want to make it an annual event.

The Bulldogs seems an odd choice. If North did in fact choose the Dogs, I'm a bit unsure as to why.

North wanted Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Friday footy - what's the pass mark for the crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back