Got a random question? Ask it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Do a lot of you posters know each other or have you been posting here a long time. You seem to take a few pot shots which is good but before I join in I need to know whether you have to pass some sort of initiation :D.

I think it's safe to assume that most of the posters you see posting on the DT board 4 months before the start of the season are a little over-eager :p. Most have been posting on this board regularly for quite a while now.

Skank and Tarquin never pass up the opportunity to have a go at each other, it's quite fun to watch :D.

2) How strict are big footy on avatar pictures?

You can read the forum rules here: http://bigfooty.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules. Generally anything that isn't family friendly will get removed pretty quickly (and may get you temporarily banned).

3) Are most people who post here young ie are there some kids around? I am no longer a kid (by a long way) but it just helps before you argue with someone knowing if they are 12 years old. I would hope to win that one :thumbsu::p.

Most of the posters on this board around this time of the year are adults. During the season the traffic on the board increases dramatically, so there are probably a fair few kids posting then.

4) Why is there a set of these :diamond::heart::spade::club:/ In what circumstances would you use these icons?

BigFooty has a Poker board here: http://bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100. Other than that they don't serve much purpose, other than saying 'I :heart: :footy:'.

apparently brett ebert is building up his fitness base and training the house down. And the word is he is a chance to get a run in the midfield. Personally i think he is a bad dter but if he gets moved to the midfield he is a chance maybe.
thoughts?????

He's not a particularly bad DT'er, it is more the role he plays, often playing as a small key forward. In the past he has never been a big possession accumulator, but he did average 5.6 marks per game last year. If he can build towards a half-forward/midfield role then I think he would almost certainly increase his scoring capacity, but I'm not sure whether it'd be a substantial rise (presumably his role in the midfield would be to rotate through on occasion, I couldn't see him becoming a semi-permanent midfielder).

Well answered Virgil, the above questions bring me to another question. Im 18 by the way, how old is skankdanker??

Also if people were to win a car would they sell it? personally im only 18 and struggling with a bit of money and dont think i need a brand spanking new car just yet, i may look at selling it as cars lose "value" quickly.

I dunno... 102?

I probably would sell it if I won, but that's mainly because I haven't got a license to drive. Or maybe I'd use it as motivation to finally take the test I should have taken years ago :p. I don't think it's a hypothetical I'll ever have to worry about it too much.

Well answered Virgil, the above questions bring me to another question. Im 18 by the way, how old is skankdanker??

Also if people were to win a car would they sell it? personally im only 18 and struggling with a bit of money and dont think i need a brand spanking new car just yet, i may look at selling it as cars lose "value" quickly.

Ha, that went through my mind last year. You could choose which car you wanted - I went for the two cars. Sell one, keep one.

But yeah, its not likely to come up. :p

Skank's 16 I think but has limited maturity for his age.

this question is more for a port supporter but if anyone knows they can answer it. Will jay nash be in ports best 22 next year

I am 17 and if I was to win DT I would sell the car, can think of better ways to use the money. Last season I found the car which was worth the most to pick as my prize if I won

this question is more for a port supporter but if anyone knows they can answer it. Will jay nash be in ports best 22 next year

Would think so, port have always liked him, and why would we trade for him if he isn't going to get games? I think he is one o the ones around the 200k mark int he backline that could be good. Averaged 70 the year before, if he averages that this year value there.

Chad, what about Marlon Motlop one of my hidden secrets??

what role will he play, i remember people talking about him as if port were grooming him for the pburgoyne role off half back. With Nash in the side in worries me a little as too wich one will be that running half back along with Krakouer.

Would think so, port have always liked him, and why would we trade for him if he isn't going to get games? I think he is one o the ones around the 200k mark int he backline that could be good. Averaged 70 the year before, if he averages that this year value there.
Seems to be the sort of player who needs a lot of touches though even to get 70-80 DT. Not really the sort of player im after because to make some real cash gains as a mid pricer you need to score a couple of 90-100+ scores. That was one concern I always had with raines - could get 20-25 touches byt onle end up with 65 DT.

You didn't really trade for him; He was kind of thrown in to sweeten the deal, and get the Burgs trade over the line. I'd say he would play a few games, but he plays a very similar role to that of what Krakour played this year, a role which he played very effectively. Be interesting to see how they use him.

simon buckley is an interesting one if he gets games. the word is he is going to slot into marty clarke and shannan cox's old role. He is one that could easily produce a plus 100 game and make some cash

Regarding the grand prize/s.

This year i chose the two cars, i think they were two toyota carollas? At the moment my daughter is begging me to buy her her first car, she has got her learners at the moment and is a terrible driver. Whenever she asks me to buy her a car, i always reply "get a job". She says something like: "Oh cmon, you have got the money for it". Then i reply "And how do you think i have that money, huh?"

So in short, i'd love nothing more than to win two carollas, one can be mine to use/sell and the other could be used as a 'tool' to control my daughter with. 'Get a job or your never using the carolla'! If you wake me up when you stumble in drunk at 1.00 am then "you do not get the carolla!"

I think it's fair to say I need to win DT 2010 so i can effectively blackmail my daughter:D!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the grand prize/s.

This year i chose the two cars, i think they were two toyota carollas? At the moment my daughter is begging me to buy her her first car, she has got her learners at the moment and is a terrible driver. Whenever she asks me to buy her a car, i always reply "get a job". She says something like: "Oh cmon, you have got the money for it". Then i reply "And how do you think i have that money, huh?"

So in short, i'd love nothing more than to win two carollas, one can be mine to use/sell and the other could be used as a 'tool' to control my daughter with. 'Get a job or your never using the carolla'! If you wake me up when you stumble in drunk at 1.00 am then "you do not get the carolla!"

I think it's fair to say I need to win DT 2010 so i can effectively blackmail my daughter:D!

ahahah, love this post

Im in a similar situation to your daughter, i have no job and need money, at least im trying to get a job. But i would love to win a 50k car and sell it and drive a 5-10k car as an 18 year old with all that money put away.

Young enough that my kids don't drive old enough that I have kids.

I have kept my car. I think of Jimmy Bartel every time I turn the key.

I write a reply to a post, spend too much time thinking about my reply and it logs me out.

How can I stop BF logging me out? Is there a options section to stop automatic time outs?

I write a reply to a post, spend too much time thinking about my reply and it logs me out.

How can I stop BF logging me out? Is there a options section to stop automatic time outs?
Click the box "Remember Me" when you next log in. I think that will fix it.

Is it worth looking at the supercoach forum as to help with information on Dream Team. Just saw an interesting thread about "whether to start with Ablett or not" could possibly be some good discussion in these threads.

Is it worth looking at the supercoach forum as to help with information on Dream Team. Just saw an interesting thread about "whether to start with Ablett or not" could possibly be some good discussion in these threads.

Of course, you never know where you might see something useful. The dreamteam board has more posters and more insightful posting though. I come over here to bring the IQ down a bit.

AFL Record NAB Cup and AFL Dream Team guide.

Does anyone know if and when the 2010 issue is released?

I got the 09' one last year and i think it was late January/Early Febuary. I know i had it before the Nab Cup.

It was the best guide to dream team, and had prices and information for every player. Bloody brilliant.

Does the record release a Dream Team guide every year or was it a once off?

Does anyone know if and when the 2010 issue is released?

I got the 09' one last year and i think it was late January/Early Febuary. I know i had it before the Nab Cup.

It was the best guide to dream team, and had prices and information for every player. Bloody brilliant.

Does the record release a Dream Team guide every year or was it a once off?

I assume you speak of the NAB cup pre-season record. It has been done the last couple of years so I assume it will be done again. Generally released at the beginning of the NAB cup from memory so early February would be my guess. First game is on the 12th so ill go out on a limb and say you'll be able to get it in melbourne on the 11th :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back