Got a random question? Ask it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually where the "Guns lose value" theory came from.

Essentially if a player finishes the year on the same average they started, they will cop roughly a 10% decrease in value over that time because of the above curve.

Which reminds me... I need to dig up that pre-season favorite of a thread - The Dean Cox thread... It had a lot of this stuff in there, essentially as a counter arguement to getting Cox.
I remember reading through that twas the "Rucks 2009" thread wasn't it. It was probably the best I've seen on BF and as a result it reached like around 1K posts or something, with 90% of the discussion on Cox.

The Rucks thread was the perfect forum to discuss many issues from durability, cover, value and trading.

As sick as this sounds, I will be looking forward to the coming preseason when I get to discuss the finer points of DT. My current team is basically set apart from trading for LTI, so I've had to supplement my DT addiction with gaming.

The Rucks thread was the perfect forum to discuss many issues from durability, cover, value and trading.

As sick as this sounds, I will be looking forward to the coming preseason when I get to discuss the finer points of DT. My current team is basically set apart from trading for LTI, so I've had to supplement my DT addiction with gaming.

Random question; what games? I think it's fair to say i'm slightly addicted to Guitar Hero.

Sonic on the Mega Drive craps on PS3.

Plus cartridges are much more reliable than discs :cool:
*puts on Billy Madison voice*

I disagree, it's (Sonic on Mega Drive) a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong (SNES) is the best game ever. :D

This is actually where the "Guns lose value" theory came from.

Essentially if a player finishes the year on the same average they started, they will cop roughly a 10% decrease in value over that time because of the above curve.

Which reminds me... I need to dig up that pre-season favorite of a thread - The Dean Cox thread... It had a lot of this stuff in there, essentially as a counter arguement to getting Cox.
^^^ Well, that was the finding for the 08 season - we can run it again at the end of this one and see how close it comes to 10% again. My gut tells me that it will be higher than 10% if we continue to see so many monster scores.

Link to an example of the player price depreciation curves here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13813410&postcount=33

Wrt Cox... well, it was right wrt the likelihood Cox could miss games, and the need for backup. Unfortunately, all the names we threw up there as alternatives like Ottens, Fraser, Sandilands have had the same issues, and the backup has by and large sucked, even though it looked so promising pre-season! But the theory was sound.

This season bears this out again. You get a squad of 30 that can stay on the park, and you'll do very well. (Again) Unfortunately, a lot of the names we traditionally thought of as durable have also fallen by the wayside this year. (Again) But the theory was sound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two questions
1. Where do you get the list of teams that allow opponents to score the most on average?
2. Where do you find info on what players score per quarter and their avg per quarter over a few rounds?

Unfortunately I was away when the teams were posted and I had left Bartel as captain. Does the vice captain replace your captain if he doesn't play?? So can the double points still apply to the vice captain??

Unfortunately I was away when the teams were posted and I had left Bartel as captain. Does the vice captain replace your captain if he doesn't play?? So can the double points still apply to the vice captain??

If Bartel is your named captain this week then your vice-captain's score will be doubled.

Has anyone bought a TV recently? I am thinking of getting a Panasonic 50inch Plasma (G-series).

I've tried JB, Myer, Good Guys, Harvey Norman, DSE (online)

JB-Hifi appears to be the cheapest...

But the guy I got served gave me a (bad) attitude, so I'll be giving him thanks for the advice but I'll go someone else attitude...

Any other suggestions? I'm from Melbourne...If not, I guess, I'll stick to the JB.

Has anyone bought a TV recently? I am thinking of getting a Panasonic 50inch Plasma (G-series).

But the guy I got served gave me a (bad) attitude, so I'll be giving him thanks for the advice but I'll go someone else attitude...

Any other suggestions? I'm from Melbourne...If not, I guess, I'll stick to the JB.

I got my TV from JB, IMO they are the best. If the ass gave you an attitude just buy it from some other sales person.

Which 2 gun mids would you all bring in for the finals. I need to fix my mids to stay inside the top 3000 haha and win my School league flag.

Swan, Kornes, Gibbs, Foley, Hasleby and Rich with Beams and Muston are my mids. Yeh I know I don't have a Geelong mid lol !

Bartel, Montagna and Hayes spring to mind as they have easy teams in GF week.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

After the last AFL game today the team that I was playing in the DT live scoring changed! It now shows another team in my league instead of the team that I'm playing. The heading at the top still shows the team name and logo of the team that I should be playing, but the actual team is another team. Very strange!

See this link for a screenshot of this:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/psadams/DTerror.png

Which 2 gun mids would you all bring in for the finals. I need to fix my mids to stay inside the top 3000 haha and win my School league flag.

Swan, Kornes, Gibbs, Foley, Hasleby and Rich with Beams and Muston are my mids. Yeh I know I don't have a Geelong mid lol !

Bartel, Montagna and Hayes spring to mind as they have easy teams in GF week.

I'd go Bartel and Hayes in a week or two if money is an issue. They will both be a far bit cheaper (Bartel significantly) and they are absolute premiums.

If cash was absolutely no problem I'd probably get Ablett and Montagna.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

After the last AFL game today the team that I was playing in the DT live scoring changed! It now shows another team in my league instead of the team that I'm playing. The heading at the top still shows the team name and logo of the team that I should be playing, but the actual team is another team. Very strange!

See this link for a screenshot of this:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/psadams/DTerror.png
Haha, weird one that.

Panasonic is a good choice.

I'm not a fan of Harvey Norman, I think you'll find the best deal at JB or the Good Guys (I'm pretty sure both price match anyway?) Don't go to Myer for electronics ever. They are good for other things but they will rarely be able to match JB, EB Games etc on electronic items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back