Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listened to the 1 FM call of the Ky Rochy game yesterday. The boys do a terrific job and the game must have been a beauty. Was wondering though how Ky sits with their bushies , particularly Ogden and reeves. Ogden again was a key but will he play in the finals given that the bushies will make finals?

Listened to the 1 FM call of the Ky Rochy game yesterday. The boys do a terrific job and the game must have been a beauty. Was wondering though how Ky sits with their bushies , particularly Ogden and reeves. Ogden again was a key but will he play in the finals given that the bushies will make finals?

Was a good tough game of footy on Saturday. Rochy were very good considering the players had out, from what I saw on the weekend I find it hard to believe that they may miss out on the finals. Ky didn't play well but found a way to win which good sides do.
The Bushies finals start a week before the GV finals. I think the Bushies are 6th or 7th. If they get knocked out forst week than all of the bushies are available for finals. What other sides in the finals will get Bushies players back if they are knocked out.

Was a good tough game of footy on Saturday. Rochy were very good considering the players had out, from what I saw on the weekend I find it hard to believe that they may miss out on the finals. Ky didn't play well but found a way to win which good sides do.
The Bushies finals start a week before the GV finals. I think the Bushies are 6th or 7th. If they get knocked out forst week than all of the bushies are available for finals. What other sides in the finals will get Bushies players back if they are knocked out.

Both Rochy and Ky got a lot of value from their youngsters. Dyl Williams and Nathan Marone for Rochy have been good the majority of the year.
And Liam Ogden for Ky is a very good player - for a young kid who copped a bit of heat in the 2nd or 3rd qtr, he responded by giving a little back and kicking a vital goal in the last. Very impressive kid!

Ky didnt play their best and may be a little dissapointed with their effort, but good teams win those games when their challenged like that and that is a good sign for Ky I think

Just read on the Murray site Beatie is leaving Ky next season to coach Euchca United, is this fact.

Just read on the Murray site Beatie is leaving Ky next season to coach Euchca United, is this fact.

Hadn't heard that Hueston is going to leave the Eagles, though most would agree it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him back at Shepp United, possibly as an assistant coach.

I was under the impression Beattie was going to have another year with Waratahs in the NTFL..? If that's the case it'd be unlikely that he'd coach down south, but perhaps they made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Hadn't heard that Hueston is going to leave the Eagles, though most would agree it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him back at Shepp United, possibly as an assistant coach.

I was under the impression Beattie was going to have another year with Waratahs in the NTFL..? If that's the case it'd be unlikely that he'd coach down south, but perhaps they made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Tav old boy what does Hueston have to do with Beattie coaching Ech Utd?
He is just playing there this year and Dale Reyne is coaching;)

Tav old boy what does Hueston have to do with Beattie coaching Ech Utd?
He is just playing there this year and Dale Reyne is coaching;)

Reasonable point Hank..

Point is, though, and you would obviously know better than I do, has Reyne said he's not doing it next year? Just seems a bit far-fetched that Echuca United would already have signed/chased beattie to coach if Reyne was still keen to do it next year..

Also strange that Beattie would be in talks for next year when the team he plays for is just about to start their finals campaign..

Wouldn't you think both Echuca United and Beattie himself would wait until, say October, to being talks, or possibly come to an agreement, as questioned??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable point Hank..

Point is, though, and you would obviously know better than I do, has Reyne said he's not doing it next year? Just seems a bit far-fetched that Echuca United would already have signed/chased beattie to coach if Reyne was still keen to do it next year..

Also strange that Beattie would be in talks for next year when the team he plays for is just about to start their finals campaign..

Wouldn't you think both Echuca United and Beattie himself would wait until, say October, to being talks, or possibly come to an agreement, as questioned??
I think you will find it was intended the decision would be kept under wraps, however all it takes is one little whisper to get out and it spreads like wild fire. From what I understand, United wanted to get something in place as soon as possible so recruiting could begin early and potential recruits could be told a coach had been signed. I think this year's playing group will stick together and be supplemented by Beattie and a few more quality recruits, so the Eagles shouldn't lose too many or fall further down the ladder in 2011.

Reasonable point Hank..

Wouldn't you think both Echuca United and Beattie himself would wait until, say October, to being talks, or possibly come to an agreement, as questioned??[/
QUOTE]

Yeah already pondered those questions on the MFL site, had both KY and Echuca Utd posters confirm the move as fact though. Disagree on the Echuca Utd waiting till October though, their not going to play finals so the earlier they have things in place for next year the better.

Whats everyones thoughts on the games this weekend. Been alot of rain around the GV so the grounds might be a bit muddy an slippery. Hows everyones grounds holding up??

Nice read in the Shepp News today on the Euroa coaching job,Puta not happy with guys leaving the club in the pursuit of a bit of coin and happiness, obviously Euroa aren't paying coaches or any players this year. Not long ago Euroa had players such as Clayton,Janz,Grainger,Sage,Lamaro etc and you cant tell me they came for peanuts. Stop whinging about what other clubs like Violet Town are doing and get your own ship in order first. Some people need to practice what they preach..

Nice read in the Shepp News today on the Euroa coaching job,Puta not happy with guys leaving the club in the pursuit of a bit of coin and happiness, obviously Euroa aren't paying coaches or any players this year. Not long ago Euroa had players such as Clayton,Janz,Grainger,Sage,Lamaro etc and you cant tell me they came for peanuts. Stop whinging about what other clubs like Violet Town are doing and get your own ship in order first. Some people need to practice what they preach..
Could some post it so we could all read it.
It's been going on for eons, Jac, no other club is immune from district clubs offering good coin to higher league players, and most kids that are half handy (from district clubs) go and try their luck in bigger leagues. Shep East are unbeatable this yr in a district comp( Where have their players come from). Euroa need to make sure they attract those kids from VT Longwood etc. I see Niic Abley and Mat Sharp are at Benella.:confused: Hope your good mate.:thumbsu:

Scott Beattie is going to coach Horsham United in the wimmera league for a bucket load of cash $20,000 and he gets a bonus of $1500 per player he brings with him, deal was done last week, with president of united and will be in the wimmera mail times on the monday after the GV grand final, have seen the picture of him shaking hands with the president, signed sealed and delivered!!!!!

I think those guys are a little more credentialled than the others that think they are good enough to get coin Jack. What Puta was probably trying to say is that how can the club pay blokes what district clubs offer. They are paying well overs for average players IMO.

I think those guys are a little more credentialled than the others that think they are good enough to get coin Jack. What Puta was probably trying to say is that how can the club pay blokes what district clubs offer. They are paying well overs for average players IMO.
They probably can't but if they were 100% happy at Euroa they would'nt have left in the first place.They might be average in the eyes of the Euroa football club but thats not the case in our eyes. Besides if they are considered average then what is the big deal with them leaving..

Could some post it so we could all read it.
It's been going on for eons, Jac, no other club is immune from district clubs offering good coin to higher league players, and most kids that are half handy (from district clubs) go and try their luck in bigger leagues. Shep East are unbeatable this yr in a district comp( Where have their players come from). Euroa need to make sure they attract those kids from VT Longwood etc. I see Niic Abley and Mat Sharp are at Benella.:confused: Hope your good mate.:thumbsu:
All good here Head, Euroa did manage to intise one of Vt best talents to their club a couple of years ago in Pat Horburgh, who is still at Euroa so its not just a one way street. Sometimes when you take you have to give..

Did Putamorsi take any players to Tungamah when he coached there?

Did he and the players he took from Euroa get paid more than they would have if they were to play at Euroa?

Did Putamorsi take any players to Tungamah when he coached there?

Did he and the players he took from Euroa get paid more than they would have if they were to play at Euroa?

Two very relevant questions there "Sparra" .... perhaps an old saying would be appropriate ...... What's good for the goose is good for the gander ...... or ... how soon we forget.

Who coaching next year.

Benalla-
Echuca-
Euroa-
Kyabram-
Mansfield-
Mooroopna-
Rochester-
Seymour-
Shep Bears-
Shep Swans-
Shep United-