Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant change the results of what an outcome to an investigation has been, that what good lawyers are paid for i suppose to get people off.

Time to move on and let the football do the talking .......

Robertson kicked 13 today in a good win by the swans

From what I saw yesterday, Swans get there act together will be hard to beat, Robbo was unstoppable. And may I ask........... why would we play a kid J. Lorraine on him , and NOT the VCFL fullback in Joffa Anderson who is playing CHF.:thumbsu:

From what I saw yesterday, Swans get there act together will be hard to beat, Robbo was unstoppable. And may I ask........... why would we play a kid J. Lorraine on him , and NOT the VCFL fullback in Joffa Anderson who is playing CHF.:thumbsu:
joffa before his knee reco was a sensational defender. unfortunately he has not recovered to be the same player even though he is still handy.has lost his previous mobility. did anyone besides lorraine play on robbo?

Would have been a good learning experience for the kid seeing he would be looked at as being the full Forward at the club for the next decade. Sure he would have learnt a few tricks and believe Robbo has been more than happy to pass on his knowledge after games to his opponents and give them a few tips so far this season.

Mooroopna 14.16 -100 Defeated Rochester 8.7-55

Mooroopna got out of the blocks early, having the first 11 scoring shots of the game. Rochy were lucky the game wasn't over at qtr time, and I also heard that Russell Lee had 15 kicks in the 1st quarter but wasn't tagged..

Losing Ash Watson in the warm up obviously didn't help Rochy's cause, and I don't think they'll be too concerned with the loss. Most punters on this forum have Mooroopna there abouts come finals time, but maybe they're even better than first thought.

Whelan, Roberts and Souter are all hard forwards to match up on and are all likely to kick 2-3 goals most games. With dominant big man Mick Gay feeding their midfielders at the clearances and fast ball movement going forward they're definitely not without a big chance come finals time.

Is it true that Brad Campbell will be playing from about mid way through the season?

Mooroopna got out of the blocks early, having the first 11 scoring shots of the game. Rochy were lucky the game wasn't over at qtr time, and I also heard that Russell Lee had 15 kicks in the 1st quarter but wasn't tagged..

Losing Ash Watson in the warm up obviously didn't help Rochy's cause, and I don't think they'll be too concerned with the loss. Most punters on this forum have Mooroopna there abouts come finals time, but maybe they're even better than first thought.

Whelan, Roberts and Souter are all hard forwards to match up on and are all likely to kick 2-3 goals most games. With dominant big man Mick Gay feeding their midfielders at the clearances and fast ball movement going forward they're definitely not without a big chance come finals time.

Is it true that Brad Campbell will be playing from about mid way through the season?

He has played atleast one game from Full Forward so expect him to be playing again soon, Blake Campbell, Jake Cowman, Luke Durling and Ty Parsons are all chances to be added also by mid year. Sam Lagozzino I believe might have osteitis and unsure if he will play.

Only the two marquee games this week with us v United and Ky v Mansfield (the 2009 Grand Final re-match)

Firstly with us and United, I think after showing through Souter, Lowe and Patak in previous weeks that we don’t just rely on any single on baller, would ruffle a few feathers in the Gvl. Echuca showed that if you stop Eagle, you stop United. They obviously aren’t diverse enough to spot up the other one or two loose players when Eagle was double teamed. Gay is hitting his straps and has nearly been unstoppable in the ruck contests and not blowing smoke up him, but other ruckman in the league may have more than a handful.

Next on the Ky v Mansfield game, Mansfield are nearly back to full strength and with Gieschen just about firing again Im sure they will be hard to stop. Young Leitch who has a very impressive leap will be dangerous wither up forward or in the ruck. From all reports sedon had something like 45 touches against Benalla but unless he can step up again this week he might aswell hand his mouthguard into Williams. Ky do have many avenues up forward, however I am still not sure whether they have worked it out and all players are ‘geling’ together yet. Also, an official from Benalla confirmed that Atkins & Co. turned up to the ground last week mid-way through the last quarter of the Reserves...... WTF?

Go Cats! :thumbsu:

Only the two marquee games this week with us v United and Ky v Mansfield (the 2009 Grand Final re-match)

Firstly with us and United, I think after showing through Souter, Lowe and Patak in previous weeks that we don’t just rely on any single on baller, would ruffle a few feathers in the Gvl. Echuca showed that if you stop Eagle, you stop United. They obviously aren’t diverse enough to spot up the other one or two loose players when Eagle was double teamed. Gay is hitting his straps and has nearly been unstoppable in the ruck contests and not blowing smoke up him, but other ruckman in the league may have more than a handful.

Next on the Ky v Mansfield game, Mansfield are nearly back to full strength and with Gieschen just about firing again Im sure they will be hard to stop. Young Leitch who has a very impressive leap will be dangerous wither up forward or in the ruck. From all reports sedon had something like 45 touches against Benalla but unless he can step up again this week he might aswell hand his mouthguard into Williams. Ky do have many avenues up forward, however I am still not sure whether they have worked it out and all players are ‘geling’ together yet. Also, an official from Benalla confirmed that Atkins & Co. turned up to the ground last week mid-way through the last quarter of the Reserves...... WTF?

Don't count off United, the tactics worked last week, but I'm sure they will bounce back. They've beaten Mansfield at Mansfield by 15gls, beat Ky as convincingly and towelled up Bears very easy, they are a very good side. They have an abundance of midfield options as well. I'm sue Dawes, Muggleton, Butler, Sidey, Davies, Perkovic and Edwards are capable of kicking there fair share of goals as well. Tactics worked for Echuca last week, but they still only lost by 3 goals?? Very hard sometimes to change set up mid game when its been working well going to Eagle majority of the time. I'm sure they'll work on other avenues over the coming weeks and be better for it.

"From all reports sedon had something like 45 touches against Benalla but unless he can step up again this week he might aswell hand his mouthguard into Williams."

What type of statement is that.

"From all reports sedon had something like 45 touches against Benalla but unless he can step up again this week he might aswell hand his mouthguard into Williams."

MJ42....that's a statement from a very cocky Mooroopna fan!!!!!!!!

Old saying for you Mr Mooroopna....."Early to Ripen......Early to rotten !!!!

It's a very long year.................

Dont know how long you have been around footy, but let me disect it for you. You can go and get 45 touches against one of the bottom teams, however you would damn well want to shine on the big stage to prove yourself. A-la Brad Campbell is in prime... Consistency.

Think before you type BJ69, or whatever your name is.

Dont know how long you have been around footy, but let me disect it for you. You can go and get 45 touches against one of the bottom teams, however you would damn well want to shine on the big stage to prove yourself. A-la Brad Campbell is in prime... Consistency.

Think before you type BJ69, or whatever your name is.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you had to be around footy for years to understand a genius statement like that. He has been best on for Ky 3 times and in the best every game bar one so before you start realing off comparisons do some homework.
Big stage? you care to to inform us how well the mighty Cats have performed on the "big stage" over the last 5 years???

Don't count off United, the tactics worked last week, but I'm sure they will bounce back. They've beaten Mansfield at Mansfield by 15gls, beat Ky as convincingly and towelled up Bears very easy, they are a very good side. They have an abundance of midfield options as well. I'm sue Dawes, Muggleton, Butler, Sidey, Davies, Perkovic and Edwards are capable of kicking there fair share of goals as well. Tactics worked for Echuca last week, but they still only lost by 3 goals?? Very hard sometimes to change set up mid game when its been working well going to Eagle majority of the time. I'm sure they'll work on other avenues over the coming weeks and be better for it.

Last time I checked the scores United bt Ky by 12 points. Think there is a far difference between 15 goals and 12 points!!! I agree United are a very good side, think you should have a little accountability to your bias reports though.

Echuca by 3pts over Tat...
Bulldogs' Cameron Trewin had a chance to win it afta the siren but missed a tough shot from 50m out...
Echuca very, very, very average though...were firing at about 30% of capacity for much of the game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it was close the whole game which made it interesting.

Echuca by 3pts over Tat...
Bulldogs' Cameron Trewin had a chance to win it afta the siren but missed a tough shot from 50m out...
Echuca very, very, very average though...were firing at about 30% of capacity for much of the game...

Few upsets yesterday. United by a point over Mooroopna is a very good win and Seymour over Rochester wouldnt have been picked by too many either.

Any reports on United V Mooroopna game?

37 touches and a goal for Simon Seddon

can't help but feel that the GVFL has gone up quite a few notches this year compared to the seasons i was covering it 07-09. i feel a bit short changed! looks like every week there is either a cliff-hanger result, blockbuster game or huge on or off-field drama. hard to stop paying attention to this competition - eagle the value recruit of the season as well - plenty of clubs in my new 'hoods' the EDFL, RDFL and BFL wishing they had a full-forward of his quality.

can't help but feel that the GVFL has gone up quite a few notches this year compared to the seasons i was covering it 07-09. i feel a bit short changed! looks like every week there is either a cliff-hanger result, blockbuster game or huge on or off-field drama. hard to stop paying attention to this competition - eagle the value recruit of the season as well - plenty of clubs in my new 'hoods' the EDFL, RDFL and BFL wishing they had a full-forward of his quality.

Anyone like to hazarda a guess on what Eagle would be on??

Pretty close to the mark

Worth every penny of it so far as well. With him United are a genuine challenger, without him they are making up the numbers. Matchwinners like Eagle are the players that you spend that sort of money on, not on ballers.

Worth every penny of it so far as well. With him United are a genuine challenger, without him they are making up the numbers. Matchwinners like Eagle are the players that you spend that sort of money on, not on ballers.

Without a doubt...totally agree. How does he compare with Saad, Stuhldrier, Steve Ryan, Paul Newman??

Without a doubt...totally agree. How does he compare with Saad, Stuhldrier, Steve Ryan, Paul Newman??

From what I saw he is as good as all of those players and that is an awesome group of players that you selected. Putting them in order would be a very tough job.

I agree whole heartedly about your comments on Keith Wellman , terrific person and a big loss to football !
As you were first to post a personal quote about a person and not a football matter it should be ok for me to respond.
I couldn’t disagree more on your Keith Wellman opinion. Like many GV personalities he acts on personal ego to further himself rather than the wellbeing (lol) of the future of who he is appointed by. If he was of character he would have shown professionalism and acted appropriately.
Its is very sad for country football so many of these personalities are bring the game backwards because of their blindness caused by egotistic ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back