Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said PTF...Something that is missing from the facts is this.
A small push and shove was happening near the Echuca coaches box when out of the Blue an ex Richmond "hack" came from behind and belted an Echuca player from behind....the Echuca player wasn't even involved in the Mele...The "hack" in question then copped a barrage from a number of people including the coaches box (echuca's) for being gutless in doing what he did. Consequently the Echuca player (jamus Campbell) retaliated and was reported for doing so. This is what started the verbal abuse from happening. The ky coach "claims" that it is on tape (the verbal abuse from the coaches of Echuca)... I say bring out the tape....it will reveal exactly how this all started. I know Echuca's tape of the game shows some pretty incriminating evidence for the gutless, weak, insipid, low act to belt someone from behind when they are not even aware you are their. Mr Richmond might find things a bit tough next time i would suspect....:mad:

this Mr richmond "hack" was clearly the best player on the field, kick more goals off this own boot then your side could all day! also if some1 is going to sort him out next time around, you would want to do it early before he tears the arse out off the game....again!!

this Mr richmond "hack" was clearly the best player on the field, kick more goals off this own boot then your side could all day! also if some1 is going to sort him out next time around, you would want to do it early before he tears the arse out off the game....again!!

Souts you just concerntrate on getting a kick in the two's. When the game got tough saturday you went missing:eek:

Here come the Swannies. Will beat Echuca this week and send another september /pretender out in straight sets. Warby, Kouta and Sudsy, awesome on the weekend. The Cream comes to the top.

Here come the Swannies. Will beat Echuca this week and send another september /pretender out in straight sets. Warby, Kouta and Sudsy, awesome on the weekend. The Cream comes to the top.

Cream also curdles and goes off if left out too long. Swans could not have asked for better conditions for the first final. Lucky the cream was left out in the cold.

Perry would be doing an Indian rain dance for the next 4 days.If its dry I dont think they can beat Echuca.

Hey Tommy how's puberty and the Central Highlands treating you??? Kissed a girl yet?

Echuca Vs Ky Grand Final would be fascinating....is that possible with the draw?

yer good story, and your league is really good, the standered is just amazing.

yer good story, and your league is really good, the standered is just amazing.

About as good as the standard of your spelling Tommy?? Not my league anyway knackers.....off you pop.

Although I think the GV might just have the Central Highlands covered. I feel we would have all been a lot better off if your computer floated away in the floods...;)

terrible league, terrible players. shut up all of you

Hey Tommy, no problems with you having an opinion on the league and it's players, but do you have any reasons for your view??

Personally, I think any league that can boast ex-afl players of the calibre of Russell Robertson (around AFL 200 games), Adem Yze (about 250 AFL games) and Kayne Pettifer (around 150 AFL games) is off to a pretty good start. Add the local talent of Kristian Height (twice VFL team of the year member, captain of Box Hill), Paul Newman, Brad Campbell, Paul Kirby, Guy Campbell and Ash Watson and you'd have a comparable mix of talent with most 'major' district leagues.

Given that there were 6-7 teams capable of playing off for a Grand Final, most teams being competitive and the excitement generated by the GV this year, I think it's far from a 'terrible' league, too, and would love to hear your arguement against..

O&M has greater depth, given the standard of their 2's seems a lot higher, Eastern FL in Melb has more ex-AFL and VFL recruits given they have greater finances and most players in this category live in Melb and thus are less inclined to want to travel to the bush, but from what I've seen of country and suburban footy, the GV is well-run, well-supported and well-respected by most.

I think Echuca will bounce back and get up over the Swans. If Swans are close at 3 quarter time they will be a chance as they played in far better conditions than Echuca last week so could have the fresher legs. Still think Echuca by 4 goals. Perry and Egan need to fire for Echuca.
Seriously cannot split United and Ky. I think they are that evenly matched that it just depends on who performs on the day. I'll tip Ky by under a goal but it could seriously go either way. Hopefully a big crowd gets to Deakin to watch what should be a great game of footy.

Echuca has a massive loss in Height he will be missed badly. I reckon the swans will slip over the line in this. Ky United game will be interesting one, both teams have the capabilities to breaking the game right open within 5 minutes. Last time the sides met Ky basically won due to the 3 goals in 5 minutes straight after half time. If one side is let go like this again they will be hard to catch. As silly as this is going to sound i can't decide who will win but they will win by over 3 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does everyone think the bears will go with Matty Byers at the helm next year? what's being realistic. 4-6 wins?

How does everyone think the bears will go with Matty Byers at the helm next year? what's being realistic. 4-6 wins?

Don't think there's too many questions marks over Byers as a coach, it will more come down to what cattle he can entice to the cave.. Don't think Shepp are flushed with cash, so would be surprised if they signed any super stars, but if they can recruit some quality local players and develop a few of their kids, you'd think they would be hoping to win 6-8, potentially more depending on how other clubs shape up..

Which begs the question on sides like mooroopna and shepp swans, will their recruits stick around, or will they both lose a few and drop down a bit next year?

I was just wondering if someone could explain for me how the top 6 works in the GVFL? I no the MFL has a top 6, but from what i can work out, the GVFL has a different system to them.

Perry was very animated after the game.
As league rep Mick Williams went to shake Perry's hand Perry declined the offer and told Mick that he and the league could f*** off. This was done on the boundary line at the interchange gates so a lot of people were witness to it.Mick Williams did say same to you.
Perry did go on to congratulate the Echuca coach which was good.
Throughout the day he was entertaining and his huddle drew the biggest crowds for sure.
I know he is disliked and may have done bad things over the years but country footy would be pretty quiet if we didnt have Perry to fight over.
What happened today in the other final?

United were far to good yesterday. There midfield capitalised on the ruck dominance of Edwards and Eagle did the finishing off work. It is nearly impossible to beat him one out with the ball coming in as quickly as it did. Ky would have been better off putting a man in the hole to try and cut his supply. Newman looked like he was going to kick a bag but they just couldn't get it into him enough.
It will take a very big effort from the winner of this weeks prelim to trump United in the grand final. Having said that nobody thought Mansfield would do what they did last year or even Rochy the year before that.

Don't think there's too many questions marks over Byers as a coach, it will more come down to what cattle he can entice to the cave.. Don't think Shepp are flushed with cash, so would be surprised if they signed any super stars, but if they can recruit some quality local players and develop a few of their kids, you'd think they would be hoping to win 6-8, potentially more depending on how other clubs shape up..

Which begs the question on sides like mooroopna and shepp swans, will their recruits stick around, or will they both lose a few and drop down a bit next year?

Was chatting to a couple of the cats players yesterday a Deaken, and it looks as if the cats are going to loose a number of there Melbourne boys, they are heading back to Heidleberg.

Yeah bit off the mark nick09. Swannies done and dusted pal.:thumbsu:

Kristian Height won the morrison with 28 votes
guy campbell 19
chris atkins/nick gieschen 18
nathan brown 17
paul cobert 16
simon seddon 15
eagle/durward/gay/kirby/tyson sidebottom 14
the rest

ash mangan won the wellman medal, 2nd in 3 years and three b&f's in a row after winning the MFL medal at tongala last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back