Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard that Benalla may have lost Clarke for 6 weeks with a shoulder injury after yesterdays game against Green Vale.....???

Heres hoping it is not too bad, nothing worse than injuries at this time of the year after doing all the hard work in pre season. What was the final score line and did R Symes play?

I hear Golden Square are taking on Shepp United in a game apprently called the Premiers Plate on the evening of April 1 at Deakin Reserve. I have no doubt that the GV is a stronger league than BFL, howerver if both sides are full on, it will be a very interesting contest. This square team is chock full of gun players.
Seen both sides in 2010, make no mistake square will come out on top. I hope this is not the case, as square are not exactly everyones favourite. I hope Shepp United pistol whip Golden Square and I sense that the other 9 BFL clubs will feel the same. Lets hope Shep U can burst their big headed bubble. Unfortunately it will be the other way around.
Any thoughts?

I hear Golden Square are taking on Shepp United in a game apprently called the Premiers Plate on the evening of April 1 at Deakin Reserve. I have no doubt that the GV is a stronger league than BFL, howerver if both sides are full on, it will be a very interesting contest. This square team is chock full of gun players.
Seen both sides in 2010, make no mistake square will come out on top. I hope this is not the case, as square are not exactly everyones favourite. I hope Shepp United pistol whip Golden Square and I sense that the other 9 BFL clubs will feel the same. Lets hope Shep U can burst their big headed bubble. Unfortunately it will be the other way around.
Any thoughts?

I also watched both sides play last year. In my opinion if United still had Eagle I think they would win this match by a few goals. Such was his impact that I would now tip Square. Should be a cracking fast pace game which is well worth a look.

Grant Weeks gave, one of the best players in the GVFL in Guy Campbell a fair touch up today. Not sure of final score but Thank good for the old stagers in Ash Watson and Heath Aiken as Rochy looked very slow and had a lot of young bodies out there.

I also watched both sides play last year. In my opinion if United still had Eagle I think they would win this match by a few goals. Such was his impact that I would now tip Square. Should be a cracking fast pace game which is well worth a look.

Don't take anything away from United, they've lost Eagle but gained Forys who's capable of winning a game off his own boot!!

Don't take anything away from United, they've lost Eagle but gained Forys who's capable of winning a game off his own boot!!

Seymour played Northcote Park and got beat by about 7 goals it was in the end, but we did have a few not playing. Mooroopna beat Greensbrough by about 3 goals, shepparton beat strathfieldsy.

Grant Weeks gave, one of the best players in the GVFL in Guy Campbell a fair touch up today. Not sure of final score but Thank good for the old stagers in Ash Watson and Heath Aiken as Rochy looked very slow and had a lot of young bodies out there.

Weeksy kicked 7 and would have kicked more if not for Campbell. Ball was delivered into the forward line very well by square. In saying that I thought it was a good hitout and my scorecard had square winning by 20 points. A few out for both sides and was keen to see Baird play but didnt for some reason. Neither did Bell but Rochy had a few out to.

Hey boys, I'm moving up to Alexandra early April. Just wanting to know how they go, are they any good, cheers.

Yeah Forys is a very good player, but he is getting on in age now while Eagle is in his prime. Don't think you will see Forys dominate the league like Eagle did laste year.

Any reports on how Echuca's been playing in their practice matches? I know they lost one to Aberdeen and beat Sth Bendigo,but how have they played and who has stood out for them?See they've lost Dorward to Hepburn,which is a shame.
Also heard Campbell will be missing for a while after re injurying his knee,as with Briggs and his hip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the publicity for the Premiers Plate match on Friday night like over in Shepp? I'm still undecided if i'll get back or not so is there any radio stations covering it?
I still think Square will win after they beat both Ky and Rochy pretty comfortably.

Also we (Richmond Centrals) tackle Euroa this week and are ready for a hiding, is there anyone on here from Euroa who are able to explain their logic in playing a team from the lowest division of the amateurs a week out from round 1? What players do I need to look out for on Saturday? It would be fair to say I have Norfolk & Clew about their list.

Any reports on how Echuca's been playing in their practice matches? I know they lost one to Aberdeen and beat Sth Bendigo,but how have they played and who has stood out for them?See they've lost Dorward to Hepburn,which is a shame.
Also heard Campbell will be missing for a while after re injurying his knee,as with Briggs and his hip.

Picked up Herrick, McCurry, McGlone, Archard and apparantly a 6'4 CHF is signed and heard a few others but not sure who. Briggs and campbell could be back next week and Height has to return. Have I think 6 in the Pioneers to.

Whats the publicity for the Premiers Plate match on Friday night like over in Shepp? I'm still undecided if i'll get back or not so is there any radio stations covering it?
I still think Square will win after they beat both Ky and Rochy pretty comfortably.

What time does this game kick off?

Picked up Herrick, McCurry, McGlone, Archard and apparantly a 6'4 CHF is signed and heard a few others but not sure who. Briggs and campbell could be back next week and Height has to return. Have I think 6 in the Pioneers to.

Echuca were pretty stiff last year with injuries. They missed Murray and Briggs for a large part of the season. If they had a full list list going into finals and were able to get momentum going, they could have gone further. (but we all know injuries are apart of footy)

So based on the list they had last year, having added players of the calibre Archard and Maglone (winner and runners-up in the Magary respectively) there can be no doubt Echuca are favourites to win the flag.

Also we (Richmond Centrals) tackle Euroa this week and are ready for a hiding, is there anyone on here from Euroa who are able to explain their logic in playing a team from the lowest division of the amateurs a week out from round 1? What players do I need to look out for on Saturday? It would be fair to say I have Norfolk & Clew about their list.
Does seem a little odd that a gv club wishes to play a D4 amateur club that hasn't been too successful over the last 10 years ( no disrespect to the snakes) but perhaps there is method in their madness. A good win might build the confidence for alot of the younger kids going into R1:confused: I see tusken raider back on the track the other night, good to see him back having a kick as he is only getting better with age..

Do you know if Dorward is still living in Echuca and commuting to Hepburn? Have seen him kicking around town a bit lately.

Sam Wright from euroa poses a big threat to teams after a killer pre season in the gym and 2 years of GV footy this year will be his breakout season with some help from the flashy midfield, sammy will be a force to be wreckened with in 2011

Sam Wright from euroa poses a big threat to teams after a killer pre season in the gym and 2 years of GV footy this year will be his breakout season with some help from the flashy midfield, sammy will be a force to be wreckened with in 2011

I won't give him a touch up tomorrow then, don't want to ruin his morale going into the season. ;)

Good to see that square beat united, knew they would but from all reports heard it was a great game!

I won't give him a touch up tomorrow then, don't want to ruin his morale going into the season. ;)

Good to see that square beat united, knew they would but from all reports heard it was a great game!
Hey noclue, how did you guys go against Euroa on the weekend,can you give me a match report..

Hey noclue, how did you guys go against Euroa on the weekend,can you give me a match report..

We got smashed mate, was always going to happen though, no idea on the exact score but they would have won by about 15 goals?

Euroa got good numbers to the ball and switched play very well, they had better structures but once agin this is expected of a GV team tackling a div 4 team. The match was played in good spirits, it was reasonably physical but nothing dirty.

I did expect them to be better though, they don't seem to have a lot of height, I played most of the day in the ruck and am not overly tall myself so was happy to see that there was no man mountain to contend with. This could be their downfall if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back