Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rochys young list and the players they have lost they would be more than happy to finish 6th next year. I reckon Mansfield could be a smokey next year, they were unlucky last year and never fly under the radar for too long

It would be disappointing if Rochy were happy to finish 6th with their list. Not to mention a waste of money in recruiting who I believe is one of the best players currently running around in the GVFL.

In total agreeance with your thoughts on Mansfield they were unlucky not to win more games, or some might say luck has nothing to do with it and they just under achieved with their list. Either way they do seem to be dangerous and will continue to be next season.

It would be disappointing if Rochy were happy to finish 6th with their list. Not to mention a waste of money in recruiting who I believe is one of the best players currently running around in the GVFL.

In total agreeance with your thoughts on Mansfield they were unlucky not to win more games, or some might say luck has nothing to do with it and they just under achieved with their list. Either way they do seem to be dangerous and will continue to be next season.

Won't Mansfield need to replace Fraser up forward.
All though he didn't seem to dominate games he still kicked a swag of goals.

1st vs 6th, 2nd vs 5th and 3rd vs 4th. Highest ranked winner goes straight through the Grand Final and they other two winners of the first week go to the Prelim Final only a 3 week finals series and only a thought but I don't mind it.

Ladder at seasons end

Kyabram
Swans
Benalla
Seymour
Rochy
Tatura

Mooroopna
United
Euroa
Bears
Mansfield
Echuca
From what i hear i wouldn't be putting Echuca down bottom....some handy roll outs due to come to the surface. I would have them 7-8 going on who they are meant to have recruited. New coach wants no announcements and to fly under the radar apparently.

From what i hear i wouldn't be putting Echuca down bottom....some handy roll outs due to come to the surface. I would have them 7-8 going on who they are meant to have recruited. New coach wants no announcements and to fly under the radar apparently.
Well they are front and centre on the bigfooty radar now:thumbsu:

Very confident of playing finals apparently.

And your not willing to spills the beans ?

Jokes aside, surely the BFL would be less interested in resurgent Echuca. It's a league that has a poor record of club retention (read folding).
Woody, I'm hearing that its a big chance of happening..Castlemaine/Maryborough really struggling and Kyneton just returning so BFL really wants to strengthen its league. Some pretty big changes been made at Echuca and some real enthusiasm for the move

Archard...Kyabram???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woody, I'm hearing that its a big chance of happening..Castlemaine/Maryborough really struggling and Kyneton just returning so BFL really wants to strengthen its league. Some pretty big changes been made at Echuca and some real enthusiasm for the move

I think that would be a very short sighted decision and long term affect the club. Might be easier for recruiting every second week playing in Bendigo but would also lose more locals than the club already has.
When you look at it there has to be something seriously wrong in the place when all the good players want to leave and go and play for another GV team. Whether its the money available or the value the club puts on the locals versus the recruits something seems very wrong.
I know there was alot of concern about previous coach but to be still losing players must be setting off some alarm bells.
The committee might want to find the source and fix the issue before looking at lesser competitions for an easy fix.

Worrying signs for Echuca if its true Archard is heading to KY?

Briggs would be realising the difficulty in recruiting players and keeping them!

Why would Williams and Archard leave? understand that Echuca aren't flying but blokes like that don't swap clubs without issues behind the scenes???

Worrying signs for Echuca if its true Archard is heading to KY?

Briggs would be realising the difficulty in recruiting players and keeping them!

Why would Williams and Archard leave? understand that Echuca aren't flying but blokes like that don't swap clubs without issues behind the scenes???

CB13, why did you have a crack at rochy for getting Hollow, while being indifferent to Kyabram picking up Williams and potentially Archard?

Rochy Tigers can you please show me were I had a crack at Rochy for recruiting Hollow? I said Hollow was a gun I'm fairly sure???

Clean you glasses mate

Rochy Tigers can you please show me were I had a crack at Rochy for recruiting Hollow? I said Hollow was a gun I'm fairly sure???

Clean you glasses mate

Believe it went something like this..

Brendan Hollow an absolute disgrace, this will bite both parties on the arse

BYE BYE Rochy...

You were probably more having a crack at Hollow, for moving to Rochy. So do you have the same opinion of Williams and Childs for switching to Ky? (and Archard - if he is actually going there)?

Only early but the signs aren't great for Mansfield? Still no coach, Josh Fraser gone (was their only avenue to goal) and I heard that Handby and Clarke have told the club if there's no signings soon they might leave!
Also on the Bears recruiting Brett Vallender - not sure that's newsworthy? He wasn't that great of a player when he last played for them 2-3 years ago?

A couple from the WRFL who have played in finals the last couple of years!

sounds a bit like Jason Cloke's name may be thrown up again, hasnt committed to Spotswood this year and it is regularly mentioned of him and Echuca

Alos dont jump to gun about Archard at Ky yet either, doubtful

I think that would be a very short sighted decision and long term affect the club. Might be easier for recruiting every second week playing in Bendigo but would also lose more locals than the club already has.
When you look at it there has to be something seriously wrong in the place when all the good players want to leave and go and play for another GV team. Whether its the money available or the value the club puts on the locals versus the recruits something seems very wrong.
I know there was alot of concern about previous coach but to be still losing players must be setting off some alarm bells.
The committee might want to find the source and fix the issue before looking at lesser competitions for an easy fix.

GG might want to consider some facts with your misguided dribble you have posted:

1. Echuca FC havent said to anyone they are join the BFL...have only said as reported in the papers... they will listen !!!!!

2. Sheldon (Tom) wouldn't and isn't classed an Echuca player. He played a season, left and signed at Rochester, quit Rochester before signing at Nathalia. His Echuca mates were filthy on him for not recommitting to Echuca (he was on good money)...so when he wanted to come back they said no (fact). Think that says more about the values of those involved at Echuca than the man himself who poaches himself around for $$$$
3. Axel left because he didn't like the previous coach. Dissapointing he isn't back but he has good morals and would give Ky another year out of respect. He will come back to Echuca.

4. Williams left cause he didn't like the previous coach (who isn't their this year, so a piss poor excuse). Echuca didn't from my understanding try too hard to keep him as he is just a player, not worth the money Echuca paid him from all reports so were happy to let him go. He didn't leave for less money....his dad wouldn't let him !!!!!!!!!

The club is/has recruited well for this next year (apparently) and hasn't put it out their at their coaches request (apparently) and finally.....the only alarm bells going off should be that Ky are preapred to spend massive coin to get players in this case from Echuca, ....who Echuca don't want (Axel asside) and when they fall in a heap next year after the season and Tom and Jordan move on to search for more coin.....then............the alarm bells will ring because Ky's premiership Kids from this year will have missed out on a game from "Outsiders" from Echuca.
Would say as you have quoted...that the committee has found the source......it's called a clean out !!!!!!!!!
Who's bells do you really think are ringing.............Not Echuca's.

GG might want to consider some facts with your misguided dribble you have posted:

1. Echuca FC havent said to anyone they are join the BFL...have only said as reported in the papers... they will listen !!!!!

2. Sheldon (Tom) wouldn't and isn't classed an Echuca player. He played a season, left and signed at Rochester, quit Rochester before signing at Nathalia. His Echuca mates were filthy on him for not recommitting to Echuca (he was on good money)...so when he wanted to come back they said no (fact). Think that says more about the values of those involved at Echuca than the man himself who poaches himself around for $$$$
3. Axel left because he didn't like the previous coach. Dissapointing he isn't back but he has good morals and would give Ky another year out of respect. He will come back to Echuca.

4. Williams left cause he didn't like the previous coach (who isn't their this year, so a piss poor excuse). Echuca didn't from my understanding try too hard to keep him as he is just a player, not worth the money Echuca paid him from all reports so were happy to let him go. He didn't leave for less money....his dad wouldn't let him !!!!!!!!!

The club is/has recruited well for this next year (apparently) and hasn't put it out their at their coaches request (apparently) and finally.....the only alarm bells going off should be that Ky are preapred to spend massive coin to get players in this case from Echuca, ....who Echuca don't want (Axel asside) and when they fall in a heap next year after the season and Tom and Jordan move on to search for more coin.....then............the alarm bells will ring because Ky's premiership Kids from this year will have missed out on a game from "Outsiders" from Echuca.
Would say as you have quoted...that the committee has found the source......it's called a clean out !!!!!!!!!
The main thing is that Echuca are now rebuilding under a coach that values and respects people/players. A president who is prepared to make tough decisions helps the cause. Time to usher in a new era with less input from past greats of the club. Andrew Briggs will entice the right type of people to the footy club and will make hard decisions as well. All the talk about Archard leaving happens every year and apart from his stint in Adelaide has been loyal to Echuca. I cannot see him going to Kyabram. Hopefully Wiliams, T Sheldon, S Sheldon and Axel all find their way back to Echuca at some stage...

Well said. Would Maglone and/or Height be a chance of returning? good friends with the new coach surely

I still dont see any facts? You have used apparently alot as to say you dont know. I am making an assumption which I believe to be true from an external viewpoint. You are trying to tell me the viewpoint internally but arent really close. And as for having a crack at Ky for spending money GIVE ME A SPELL! Must be really warm in the glass house you live in as everyone that has left Echuca is no good apart from Childs because he will return. The comment wasnt about the premier it was about Echuca and your so called facts are few and far between. Lastly if you go back up the line of posts you may see a comment stating that Echuca are looking at BFL in 2015, from a previous Echuca coach. For me that doesnt mean it will happen but certainly means its being discussed both internally at the club and externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back