Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other better things in life than dotting the I's and Crossing the T's.
Image1.png

I'm on the edge here...not sure if I can take much more. Will be interesting to see how Echuca fare tomorrow. They have some huge outs in Morris, Buckley, Gannon, Faulkes, Hore, Valentine and perhaps one or two others.

I'm on the edge here...not sure if I can take much more. Will be interesting to see how Echuca fare tomorrow. They have some huge outs in Morris, Buckley, Gannon, Faulkes, Hore, Valentine and perhaps one or two others.

Not sure you can count Hore and Faulkes as outs mate. The chances of them playing the 5 games to qualify for finals is pretty slim. The other guys are significant though. Ky has Williams, child's and gemmill out with the coach to return next week. Will be a good test of both teams depth but you would think echuca will need all hands on deck if they are to challenge the champs.

Ok, With all the sombre of the Dawn Service and the Morning Service which is completed and the Essendon vs Collingwood match. I have some spare time

United vs Swans: I think United are going to be too good. United kept within 10 points of Echuca last week while Swans have kicked 6 goals 8 behind in the past two games.

Euroa vs Benalla: The Hume Fwy Derby. Benalla got smacked by Kyabram last week while Euroa gave Mooroopna a thumping. Based on the ladder, Pretty even Attacking wise between the two, nothing separates them, Euroa has a better defensive record. I think Euroa will get them.

Kyabram vs Echuca: There will be a team undefeated and one will be licking their wounds. Kyabram had an 8 goal win against Benalla while Echuca I feel was slightly disappointing against Shepp United but got the win in the end. I think Ky will be too good.

Mansfield Vs Mooroopna: Mooroopna are rebuilding but I thought they would have hit rock bottom last year and would of grown from last year however played 3 of Last year finalists in the first 3 rounds. Mansfield on the other hand, played well the first 2 rounds but was disappointing against Rochester. I feel Mansfield will win by a big margin here but not as big as the Swans

Tatura vs Rochester: Rochcester got done by Shepp Bears by 10 goals in first round however had pretty decent wins agianst Mooroopna and Mansfield. While Tatura had a close loss agianst Echuca while wins agianst the Swans and the bears which was impressive. Tatura at home and they are going to be too good.

Seymour vs Shepparton Bear: This is the match of the round. Seymour won on the weekend after the turmoil there the week before however it is agianst the Swans. Bears had a tough game agianst Tatura. Seymour at home is very tough but I think Shepp by a couple of goals.

Now to wait for the Essendon vs Collingwood match

Lest we forget......... Go Bombers!
A worthwhile read as always Oz.
A REVIEW OF YOUR REVIEW
Spot on with United game.

Maggie’s vs Saints: wasn’t at fame last week but from reports the Saints maybe a bit sore. Euroa also play a physical game. Saints will need to run and spread but agree they won’t be good enough this time.

In The Battles of the Bombers I initially thought this was the one Echuca may get their chance as initially they were going to be strengthened but Ky will be Jordy Williams and The Ax. However Echuca will have a few missing to injury and called up to VFL is my mail. So Ky should get over top in second half.

Agreed Mansfield too much to handle for Cats.

Last week’s win by Tat will see their confidence soar. Not good news for Tigers to be playing them, who would have learnt a bit about themselves and gained some belief too from their win. Tat fairly comfortably?? 7 goals?

Your call of match of the round spot on. Can’t call it myself... shall I be bold enough and say a draw?!?

Anyone care to elaborate on what was said ? I'm not entirely surprised, not the first time Morgan has said/done something stupid.
Was mentioned a fair bit around Ky prior to the game. Whenever I have been to Benalta ground I have found their volunteers very helpful and polite. But our supporters went there worried about the reception they would get because of those comments. Put everyone on edge. Not fair on either supporter base.

A worthwhile read as always Oz.
A REVIEW OF YOUR REVIEW
Spot on with United game.

Maggie’s vs Saints: wasn’t at fame last week but from reports the Saints maybe a bit sore. Euroa also play a physical game. Saints will need to run and spread but agree they won’t be good enough this time.

In The Battles of the Bombers I initially thought this was the one Echuca may get their chance as initially they were going to be strengthened but Ky will be Jordy Williams and The Ax. However Echuca will have a few missing to injury and called up to VFL is my mail. So Ky should get over top in second half.

Agreed Mansfield too much to handle for Cats.

Last week’s win by Tat will see their confidence soar. Not good news for Tigers to be playing them, who would have learnt a bit about themselves and gained some belief too from their win. Tat fairly comfortably?? 7 goals?

Your call of match of the round spot on. Can’t call it myself... shall I be bold enough and say a draw?!?

Great Review of the review of mine.

Regarding Echuca, I still think Echuca is still overhyped in my opinion. I would not have made that comment if Echuca won by more against United. Echuca only won one quarter against Tatura as Tat outplayed them for the first 3. Seymour was in turmoil with that game. I think these opposition teams against Echuca had excuses however with United di not and only lose by 10 points. Question mark is still on Echuca for me

Last year Tat vs Rochy. Tat Kicked Straight till 3 quarter time and led and then Rochy kick 8.2 to 2.3 to over power them but Tat more injuries than the surgical ward of the Goulburn Valley Health.

Tat is full strength at the moment and they are playing for their teammates which I feel some did not last year. It is the Reunion of the 1988 resessies and 1998 Seniors Grand Final at Tat Park(Sheedy, Wayne Harms and Des English at a lunch tomorrow ca not wait).

Tat are a much better side than last year but I am not too sure of 7 goals to Tat win, bootz.

Was mentioned a fair bit around Ky prior to the game. Whenever I have been to Benalta ground I have found their volunteers very helpful and polite. But our supporters went there worried about the reception they would get because of those comments. Put everyone on edge. Not fair on either supporter base.

I heard what was written on the site and as a GVFL Interleague coach. I am not impressed at all and I do not support either GVFL team but as a coach of the GVFL. I do not think he should get the gig again after what was said.

Regarding Echuca, I still think Echuca is still overhyped in my opinion. I would not have made that comment if Echuca won by more against United. Echuca only won one quarter against Tatura as Tat outplayed them for the first 3. Seymour was in turmoil with that game. I think these opposition teams against Echuca had excuses however with United di not and only lose by 10 points. Question mark is still on Echuca for me

Last year Tat vs Rochy. Tat Kicked Straight till 3 quarter time and led and then Rochy kick 8.2 to 2.3 to over power them but Tat more injuries than the surgical ward of the Goulburn Valley Health.

Tat is full strength at the moment and they are playing for their teammates which I feel some did not last year. It is the Reunion of the 1988 resessies and 1998 Seniors Grand Final at Tat Park(Sheedy, Wayne Harms and Des English at a lunch tomorrow ca not wait).

Tat are a much better side than last year but I am not too sure of 7 goals to Tat win, bootz.
Well if Tat has the injuries you mentioned, it will be close.

I heard what was written on the site and as a GVFL Interleague coach. I am not impressed at all and I do not support either GVFL team but as a coach of the GVFL. I do not think he should get the gig again after what was said.
Do you think ky players in inter league would tell him to “shove it”if they weren’t getting an opportunity to play at the MCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think ky players in inter league would tell him to “shove it”if they weren’t getting an opportunity to play at the MCG?

No you missed my point tmitchell.

The answer to your question is No.

I am looking from a perspective of an supporter of the GVFL. If I would be appointed an Interleague coach, I would not hire a person who has a habit of bad mouth teams in the same league to a media site. If the GVFL board has a backbone(which they don't because all decisions are done by Gleeson's Posse at "the hub"), They should have a strict word of professionalism with being an Interleague Coach.

I am looking from a perspective of an supporter of the GVFL. If I would be appointed an Interleague coach, I would not hire a person who has a habit of bad mouth teams in the same league to a media site. If the GVFL board has a backbone(which they don't because all decisions are done by Gleeson's Posse at "the hub"), They should have a strict word of professionalism with being an Interleague Coach.

Who should do the job then?

I agree with you oz. it’s hard enough to get the best players playing inter league let alone having the coach mouth off at certain clubs. You want to see your best against the others best and it won’t happen if the bloke at the top lets his mouth run free while playing against blokes but then expects them to play for him the next week and take directions. You respect your opposition win, lose or draw.

Someone whom keep there mouth shut and not bag clubs on media site multiple time for a start.

For once, It should be not a current coach of a GVFL club.

Problem is if it's not a current coach they can struggle to get blokes committed to playing..not that I'm sayin the current bloke is going about that the right way.

I reckon your premiership coach or a bloke coaching a top side is a good bet. At least that you would at least get his blokes committed to playing. Would Newman be an option? Ky been dominant with plenty of interleague quality players but others would have enough respect for him to want to get on board if his boys do?

I predict a few of the Ky lads will pull the pin. They would have no respect or desire to play IL. Why would you when the IL coach bad mouths your own club and states in the local paper that "Kyabram is not welcome". Seriously he truely is devoid of any leadership nouce.

Last edited:

My GV tipping after today is just as bad as my AFL so may as well let my dog do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back