Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Brandon Grenfell from Tatura, starting the year very well. Good recruit and pick up for the dogs. In great of form recently coming in against his previous side Seymour this weekend which will be very interesting. Who will play on the big fella down back for the Lions? Will be hard to stop!

Is there anywhere you can watch the GV interleague game online?
The O&M have got a fantastic arrangement worth Dartfish tv where every home and away game + finals + interleague game is online and available for free by 10am the day after its played.

Seriously good promotion for the league, would love to see something similar for every interlaced match.

It's up now. Starts around the 7 minute mark.

Link

Hey slim18 our mans gone very quiet now the event has been played maybe some humble pie from a pie shop in Benalla is on the cards

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I find it hard to comprehend how anyone can say Morgs can't coach.
His first year he took the team from bottom to fourth and they have won a premiership and been thereabouts ever since.
In that time they have lost-
Josh Mellington
Will Martinello
Jordan Wolfe
Brooke Martyn
Josh Marchbank
Bannister
Al Jacka
Will Sullivan and that is just naming a few.
They are sitting second on the ladder playing mainly local kids.
What other side has been that consistently good over the past five years?

His first year he took the team from bottom to fourth and they have won a premiership and been thereabouts ever since.
Josh Mellington
Will Martinello
Jordan Wolfe
Brooke Martyn
Josh Marchbank
Bannister
Al Jacka
Kyabram!!!

Josh Mellington
Will Martinello
Jordan Wolfe
Brooke Martyn
Josh Marchbank
Bannister
Al Jacka

Kyabram are clearly ahead with three premierships and a GF loss to the saints.

Benalla with 1 flag would be ahead of Rochester and Seymour. I think both the latter would have played finals each year over the past 5 years with Rochy 1 GF loss. Without checking I do not believe Seymour have played in a GF in the past 5 years. Consistent in finals finishes though.

Josh Mellington
Will Martinello
Jordan Wolfe
Brooke Martyn
Josh Marchbank
Bannister
Al Jacka
He is obviously doing a great job this year with his team especially considering where many folk, including myself, predicted his team would finish. He seems to get maximum output from his team. Perhaps the area he ruffles feathers is in public relations on and off the field!

He is obviously doing a great job this year with his team especially considering where many folk, including myself, predicted his team would finish. He seems to get maximum output from his team. Perhaps the area he ruffles feathers is in public relations on and off the field!

Yes Bootz that is a good point. Unfortunately there are no perfect coaches out there. I saw Morgans work over at Benalla and he has them playing a slick run and carry game from the back half.

Yes Bootz that is a good point. Unfortunately there are no perfect coaches out there. I saw Morgans work over at Benalla and he has them playing a slick run and carry game from the back half.
Just like there are no perfect teachers!
“Morgan’s work”
Sorry to do this to you Ringo, but saw an opening and went for it; besides I am texting while tippled!;) (Which I publicly text not long ago is something I shouldn’t do!)

Some interesting games
Shepparton vs Euroa: Shepparton have had 1 match in 3 weeks and the match they play was against Kyabram. Euroa had a big win agianst the Swans. Bear have been up and down the past 4 games for me. I think Euroa by a couple of game.

Mansfield vs United: Mansfield's underdog win at Kings Park is pretty impressive. I am have been a bit disappointed with United as I thought they would of improve this year. Mansfield are a 4-5 goal better team at home. Mansfield by 50 points

Swans vs Benalla: Swans have improved kicking 7 goals agianst Euroa last week however still need to improved by about another 10 to 15 to knock off Benalla. Benalla by 10 goals +

Tatura vs Seymour: Tat could of won by 100+ points if they kicked straight against Mooroopna. While I was shocked with the Seymour result with Mansfield winning. Last Match at Kings Park last year, A player called B Grenfell kicked 5 in the First Quarter in a 90 point smashing to a injured plagued Tatura Team. Interesting how Seymour will play this. Tat is at full Strength and Tat looking good for the win. Just can't Seymour after last week match

Mooroopna vs Echuca: Mooroopna in patches last week at Tat, Played well but could not convert those inside 50's they had to Goals. I can see them in a couple of year time growing. Echuca on the other had won the First 3 games and lost 3 in a row however they have played 1st,2nd and 4th spot in the last 3 weeks. Echuca should win this by 6-10 goals

Rochester vs Kyabram: I think this is a very interesting game. For Rochy, It depends on Stroobants if he is in or out. Kyabram to win but the margin will contend with Stroobants playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Bootz. Coaching got no issue with. It some of the comment off the field that lets him down. I don't know if he can be over passionate which could be a negative for Morgan

I’m hearing you Tongue! After a big couple of weeks everybody must be recharging their batteries ....Rochy and Ky should be an interesting hit out tomorrow!
The game is on Sunday at the Moon oval and will provide a barometer for the young tigers. If Stroobants plays they might have a full side to choose from. Hoping the boys can stay in contact early as that will be the indicator.

Ok Rant Time,
Is One Fm seriously comitted about having the GVFL footy. We have had a great interleague game and they did well last week and then they select Shepparton Swans vs Benalla really bamboozle me. I would of understand select Swans playing Mooroopna or United as a broadcast game but this is 2nd vs 12th. If I was at Rochester fan or Official, I would be mad and upset with OneFM and the GVFL for them having major broadcast rights. Not had a game on the Major broadcaster of GVFL for 7 Round and a team that does not look like winning a game this season get a game before Rochy. There 3 better games to choose from (Tat vs Seymour, Shepparton v Euroa or Ky vs Rochy)
Are Jason Welsh and Co serious about GVL footy? Are the GVFL listening to the clubs and Fans?

Here is the list so far this season.
Round 1a Echuca vs Tatura
Round 1b Benalla vs Seymour
Round 2 Mansfield vs Shepparton
Round 3 Echuca vs Shepp United???
Round 4 Kyabram vs Echuca
Round 5 Echuca vs Euroa
Round 6 Tatura vs Mooroopna
Round 7 Swans vs Benalla

Ok Rant Time,
Is One Fm seriously comitted about having the GVFL footy. We have had a great interleague game and they did well last week and then they select Shepparton Swans vs Benalla really bamboozle me. I would of understand select Swans playing Mooroopna or United as a broadcast game but this is 2nd vs 12th. If I was at Rochester fan or Official, I would be mad and upset with OneFM and the GVFL for them having major broadcast rights. Not had a game on the Major broadcaster of GVFL for 7 Round and a team that does not look like winning a game this season get a game before Rochy. There 3 better games to choose from (Tat vs Seymour, Shepparton v Euroa or Ky vs Rochy)
Are Jason Welsh and Co serious about GVL footy? Are the GVFL listening to the clubs and Fans?

Here is the list so far this season.
Round 1a Echuca vs Tatura
Round 1b Benalla vs Seymour
Round 2 Mansfield vs Shepparton
Round 3 Echuca vs Shepp United???
Round 4 Kyabram vs Echuca
Round 5 Echuca vs Euroa
Round 6 Tatura vs Mooroopna
Round 7 Swans vs Benalla
Pretty sure the roster for games to be broadcast is worked out well before the season starts, the easiest thing would be to do the so called blockbuster games but think they do a good job by giving all clubs some exposure, looks like the only club that hasn't been broadcast after seven rounds is Rochy but I'm sure they will be soon.

I had the pleasure of getting into GV country during the week. As I do I like to check out the footy grounds in the towns I get to...strange but just an interest of mine.

The grounds I got to see all looked in good knick
Mate it’s in the blood of passionate footy folk. We do a bus trip every year and over the weekend we do all the footy grounds. The ones that are no longer used are often the most interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back