Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard today Ogden leaving The Hanger so that, if true, frees up more space to chase a big name.
Yes it frees up space in the cap.. but to replace him u would need to spend more to replace him with.. great player and one thing he had was pace.. which I believe ky lacked a bit so will need to add a player with dash..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On current lists the GV could be set up for a really even year. Tat look to have added to their list nicely Fothergill is a very good player and if Matt Shannon can get over that leg he could have a big impact as well. How's things looking at Seymour? Haven't seen anything in the media about them.

On current lists the GV could be set up for a really even year. Tat look to have added to their list nicely Fothergill is a very good player and if Matt Shannon can get over that leg he could have a big impact as well. How's things looking at Seymour? Haven't seen anything in the media about them.
I don’t know if this was mentioned.. but I was told fothergill was trying out for the VFL and using tat as he’s designated club?

Personally, I wouldn’t think so could make a very good VFL player. You can never say never as a lot can happen in 2-3 years. I’m of the belief that the VFL will bypass the Tac as a recruiting ground at some stage.
Have to agree wth Ringo on this. I love the way Wheeler goes about his football but think that at the moment at his size he lacks some polish and genuine speed. However if he was able to put together a couple of solid seasons at VFL level then it all changes for his options. Right now in my opinion he still has a lot of development to take place before he becomes a AFL option. Great kid and I wish him the best.

Personally, I wouldn’t think so could make a very good VFL player. You can never say never as a lot can happen in 2-3 years. I’m of the belief that the VFL will bypass the Tac as a recruiting ground at some stage.
Have to agree wth Ringo on this. I love the way Wheeler goes about his football but think that at the moment at his size he lacks some polish and genuine speed. However if he was able to put together a couple of solid seasons at VFL level then it all changes for his options. Right now in my opinion he still has a lot of development to take place before he becomes a AFL option. Great kid and I wish him the best.
Tatura have done well with recruitment at this stage. Picking up Garlick, Fothergill, O’Dwyer and Sutton will strengthen them up. Concern would be that they will all attract high points given they all played at senior level in MFL. My only concern is that don’t appear to have a second major key forward who could contribute 40 plus goals for the season. A key forward to assist Grenfell would be a huge bonus for them. Sutton is a quality key defender and will help their spine. In my opinion Fothergill and Garlick are better then the midfielders they had last season so this puts them ahead in midfield terms. Kicking winning scores will be their major concern I would think.

Tatura have done well with recruitment at this stage. Picking up Garlick, Fothergill, O’Dwyer and Sutton will strengthen them up. Concern would be that they will all attract high points given they all played at senior level in MFL. My only concern is that don’t appear to have a second major key forward who could contribute 40 plus goals for the season. A key forward to assist Grenfell would be a huge bonus for them. Sutton is a quality key defender and will help their spine. In my opinion Fothergill and Garlick are better then the midfielders they had last season so this puts them ahead in midfield terms. Kicking winning scores will be their major concern I would think.
Pretty sure garlick will attract 5 points at least as aside from being classed as a premier player, Tat will be his 3rd club in 2 years .

So you don't Rate Matt Ryan who kicked 36 goals last season?

We also got James Sullivan back as well. There maybe one or two signing to come.....or is there? :p

So you don't Rate Matt Ryan who kicked 36 goals last season?

We also got James Sullivan back as well. There maybe one or two signing to come.....or is there? :p

Hey oz how many tat locals will be actually playing senior footy at tat next year. I remember thinking last year that there percentage last year of locals to imports was pretty low. With all of these new players coming that percentage seems likely to decrease even more.
In your opinion is this a good thing for your club and is it sustainable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back