Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the rest of my questions?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not many people including the AFL have made a statement on what happens if a player that played in a game is diagnosed 3 days after a game.I would presume 2 teams out of action for 2 weeks.A pretty difficult question and not sure any one can answer that one.

Not many people including the AFL have made a statement on what happens if a player that played in a game is diagnosed 3 days after a game.I would presume 2 teams out of action for 2 weeks.A pretty difficult question and not sure any one can answer that one.

Surely they have done some scenario based situations. Any good responsible well run organisation does this. This is not an unlikely scenario, so I’m interested in Roars response and for that matter any leagues response...?

So what happens to the fixture/season the minute this happens?

So my point is ....what happens....???

Surely they have done some scenario based situations. Any good responsible well run organisation does this. This is not an unlikely scenario, so I’m interested in Roars response and for that matter any leagues response...?

So what happens to the fixture/season the minute this happens?

So my point is ....what happens....???

I disagree that is a likely situation . The government is highly unlikely to allow football if there is a high probability of transmission .
That aside no organisation can put definitive plans in place as the government is the the one who determines what occurs if there was a case . Sure speculative plans can be made for the what if , which I am sure some have spent some time on , but it’s purely speculative.

I disagree that is a likely situation . The government is highly unlikely to allow football if there is a high probability of transmission .
That aside no organisation can put definitive plans in place as the government is the the one who determines what occurs if there was a case . Sure speculative plans can be made for the what if , which I am sure some have spent some time on , but it’s purely speculative.

If a league hasn’t looked at a speculative situation like that and have a plan in place then they are incompetent at best.

Let’s be speculative and if a case did in fact happen what is the scenario?

All plans are speculative until they actually happen.

Stop dodging the question and hiding behind government ....what’s the leagues plan?

Why am I asking....because I’m a parent and want to know for the safety of my children and myself.

Word is from the meeting last night all 12 clubs were keen to play. Now just waiting on crowd restrictions to be eased. Seems to contradict what some posters were saying a few weeks back about some clubs opting out.

All clubs will opt out if crowds can’t go....pretty simple.

If a league hasn’t looked at a speculative situation like that and have a plan in place then they are incompetent at best.

Stop dodging the question and hiding behind government ....what’s the leagues plan?

Why am I asking....because I’m a parent and want to know for the safety of my children and myself.

I would say if/when AFLvic give the go ahead for leagues to play their will be guide lines as to what would happen if someone tests positive. I don’t think it will be left to the individual leagues to set their own rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the 3 that didn’t want to participate were keen on the 3rds and U/16s footy and junior netball to go ahead..

Can’t happen. Must field senior teams as part of the constitution of the GVFL

The government will determine what occurs , not AFL , not leagues , the government . As would happen in a school , gym , hotel , workplace .

Settle down Denis denuto, its the vibe

I think the main issues are around the pressures on volunteers, length of the season, short turnover to next season and inability to hold functions, numbers at games.

As long as leagues meet the health officer requirements, what's wrong with a league playing, there's no right or wrong answer, most have put it in the too hard basket but by October gf time there could be a crowd of 2000 allowed if transmissions stay the same

Almost a month back when I suggested Rochester would not play the people I was talking to were quite certain. A bit of water under the bridge since then with changing government regulation.

Johnno appears pretty confident as a Rochy person that they are ready to play. He probably knows more about recent decisions than I do.

The reasons given by LVFNL for cancellation

Burden placed on volunteers

Uncertainty around generation of revenue

No confirmation around key dates

Lack of clarity around crowd numbers permitted to venues

I feel that if the Loddon Valley had waited until June 22 when the next round of easing restrictions are announced the key dates and crowd numbers would be clear.

I'm surprised leagues aren't waiting but it's up to them I guess.

I'm happy that the Bendigo FL is being patient.
Maiden Gully YCW were the only LV club who wanted to play. Maybe they can join the Bendigo FL this year....

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back