Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely no crowds will be the key area in any decision to play. If there is no way of raising funds to support a club functioning how can they play. With so many players travelling, cutting remuneration is going to be difficult but necessary option - I can see some interesting conversations between clubs and players happening. Some may not end well but that probably shows the true character of the individual player. As it is so late now I just would be happy to come back in 2021. Many people I have spoken to in leagues that have called time in 2020 are quite happy as it gives certainty moving forward.

If returning players from the VFL who nominated a country club as the home club think they will get some $$$ to travel home or back to the nominated club would be getting some dollars would be kidding themselves.

I’m pretty sure that most clubs would be asking players to play for nothing for the rest of the year. Hope these returning players from the burbs understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If returning players from the VFL who nominated a country club as the home club think they will get some $$$ to travel home or back to the nominated club would be getting some dollars would be kidding themselves.

I’m pretty sure that most clubs would be asking players to play for nothing for the rest of the year. Hope these returning players from the burbs understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
None of hem will be putting their hands out for money. They are original GV players who will need somewhere to play if not selected or in the worst case scenario have 'lost' their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that Ringo - if these guys won't get paid by their home club, can their be a suitor closer to home that may be in a position to offer greater remunation and less travel. Am hearing clubs in the VAFA have been doing the rounds with some of these players.

Most city clubs will be struggling more for cash I would have thought, surely the jobs are also drying up in the vafa.

Would Connors head back to echuca?

Not sure about that Ringo - if these guys won't get paid by their home club, can their be a suitor closer to home that may be in a position to offer greater remunation and less travel. Am hearing clubs in the VAFA have been doing the rounds with some of these players.

Most city clubs will be struggling more for cash I would have thought, surely the jobs are also drying up in the vafa.

Would Connors head back to echuca?
Connors went to the Southern Football League which hasn't scrapped it's Season at this point plus he would need to really put his head down and bum up if he was he was going to have an impact these days. Had some injuries in recent years and I don't think his motivation is what it used to be which can happen to players after they come out of the AFL system.

Strong mail that the Ballarat FNL will call time on 2020 within the next week. Most clubs have decided they aren't keen for the 2020 season to go ahead in a shorter format.

GVFL looks like it’s going to start! Will be interesting to see how it goes. I would love to know how many clubs have been training!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GVFL looks like it’s going to start! Will be interesting to see how it goes. I would love to know how many clubs have been training!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know there have been two distinct groups of 'for and against' footy being played this year. Personally thrilled that we can get the social connections so needed going again. Will be interesting to see if anyone can close the gap on KY. I think Echuca could be shaping up well to close the gap.

I know there have been two distinct groups of 'for and against' footy being played this year. Personally thrilled that we can get the social connections so needed going again. Will be interesting to see if anyone can close the gap on KY. I think Echuca could be shaping up well to close the gap.
I for it it ringo
But will all clubs play ??

I for it it ringo
But will all clubs play ??

Still so much ahead which we are not sure of.

1 Will all clubs play as you mentioned.
2 What restrictions with crowds/social rooms etc,pretty sure none of us will know including the government by the end the month.
3 What happens if a season starts and a player is diagnosed with covid 19.Does that mean both teams have to go into isolation for 14 days and what happens to the fixture.
4 Players coming from a non playing league to say a playing. GVFL.Surely would have to be a permit for the 8 games but what about the existing players in a team,will they get a game.

So many questions and not sure any of us have got a answer that will please all of us.

Still so much ahead which we are not sure of.

1 Will all clubs play as you mentioned.
2 What restrictions with crowds/social rooms etc,pretty sure none of us will know including the government by the end the month.
3 What happens if a season starts and a player is diagnosed with covid 19.Does that mean both teams have to go into isolation for 14 days and what happens to the fixture.
4 Players coming from a non playing league to say a playing. GVFL.Surely would have to be a permit for the 8 games but what about the existing players in a team,will they get a game.

So many questions and not sure any of us have got a answer that will please all of us.
1. ??
2. Have already been released .
3. No
4. Why ? Permit in a working affect is no different to a clearance , other than the potential that a contracted player , may be able to be played on permit .
A player can’t be refused a clearance unless they owe money or are on a contract .

1. ??
2. Have already been released .
3. No
4. Why ? Permit in a working affect is no different to a clearance , other than the potential that a contracted player , may be able to be played on permit .
A player can’t be refused a clearance unless they owe money or are on a contract .
There is a permit system in place for players in leagues that have been suspended looking for somewhere to have a kick. This system permits this player to be a part of chosen club until the remainder of the year, and once the season has finished will be released back to their original club, with no player points affected. The system has a name, I just can’t remember it after was told about it. Clearances will close end of month I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back