Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

1. ??
2. Have already been released .
3. No
4. Why ? Permit in a working affect is no different to a clearance , other than the potential that a contracted player , may be able to be played on permit .
A player can’t be refused a clearance unless they owe money or are on a contract .

Appreciate your reply.

The restrictions all ready released by Daniel Andrews and start from 22nd June still does not give clubs full use of social rooms and no guarantee whether crowd numbers will be capped in August.Perhaps some of the smaller country leagues might be OK if those restrictions were still in around August.None of us know what is ahead including the government I am afraid.

There is a permit system in place for players in leagues that have been suspended looking for somewhere to have a kick. This system permits this player to be a part of chosen club until the remainder of the year, and once the season has finished will be released back to their original club, with no player points affected. The system has a name, I just can’t remember it after was told about it. Clearances will close end of month I believe.
I think what you are talking about is a type 2 which allows a player to play in Darwin ( summer comp) yet remain a registered player of their home club here .
not sure that is still used for when clubs have suspended their season .

Appreciate your reply.

The restrictions all ready released by Daniel Andrews and start from 22nd June still does not give clubs full use of social rooms and no guarantee whether crowd numbers will be capped in August.Perhaps some of the smaller country leagues might be OK if those restrictions were still in around August.None of us know what is ahead including the government I am afraid.
What is your thoughts on the spectator crowd size needed by August and how many square metres do you think surround an oval / netball court ?

What is your thoughts on the spectator crowd size needed by August and how many square metres do you think surround an oval / netball court ?

Depends a lot on who is playing,some metro games get crowds of up to 1,000 people these days and if the cap the number of people coming in at 500 which includes players,coaches officials that will not work.Place the policing of crowds especially with grounds with no fences and the work involved in cleaning the rooms after each game but that is now and fingers crossed these restrictions will be a lot better in August or not even there at all.That is where it is so difficult,if we knew what the conditions where going to be in August we could plan now.Out of interest what would a top GVFL game crowd wise draw these days.

I think what you are talking about is a type 2 which allows a player to play in Darwin ( summer comp) yet remain a registered player of their home club here .
It’s not usually, but is being spoken about being used for this instance.

Depends a lot on who is playing,some metro games get crowds of up to 1,000 people these days and if the cap the number of people coming in at 500 which includes players,coaches officials that will not work.Place the policing of crowds especially with grounds with no fences and the work involved in cleaning the rooms after each game but that is now and fingers crossed these restrictions will be a lot better in August or not even there at all.That is where it is so difficult,if we knew what the conditions where going to be in August we could plan now.Out of interest what would a top GVFL game crowd wise draw these days.

Yep needs at least a 1000 being permitted to attend Voice, as a quarter of that makes up players, officials and umpires.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I believe there could be quite a few original GV players now with VFL clubs using their original clubs as their 'home club' this season.
Reid would be one wouldn’t he ringo? Who else do they have coming? Would be great to here some positive news of top line players coming into the league, I’m over reading about all of this other crap. Give us some names.

They would have to look at it roar, with the potential for local players to come home and allowing blokes to have a kick, the leagues playing should be a high standard in the ones and twos

I do recall back in 1999 at cohuna, Kerang v cohuna, traditional rivals, where all three grades of footy was top 3 on the ladder battles, and the cars around the oval were two deep the whole way round, I think every person from Kerang and cohuna was there, and all three games decided by a goal or less

with no footy all year, expect people in the country to come to games in their droves come round 1 you would think the 500 crowd limit will be gone by july, bring on local footy

I do recall back in 1999 at cohuna, Kerang v cohuna, traditional rivals, where all three grades of footy was top 3 on the ladder battles, and the cars around the oval were two deep the whole way round, I think every person from Kerang and cohuna was there, and all three games decided by a goal or less

with no footy all year, expect people in the country to come to games in their droves come round 1 you would think the 500 crowd limit will be gone by july, bring on local footy

How do you know it will be gone by July,if we knew it would make life a lot easier in planning.

Reid would be one wouldn’t he ringo? Who else do they have coming? Would be great to here some positive news of top line players coming into the league, I’m over reading about all of this other crap. Give us some names.
Reid, Faulkes (possibly), Wheeler and one other I believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting conversation tonight was with 2 mates who are from different Club's. One of the boys has the mail that those League's that want to play will have to start with 100 and then it will extend too 500 after the first few weeks ( The Crowds) One of them said it would be curtains for his Club didn't think they would start with so few being allowed at the Footy even if the Crowds got bigger as it went on. The other who is a Committee Member at his Club had completely the opposite view saying they were in a position to take what he thought was a small hit for a few weeks but then would be in a position to actually make some money by the end of the Season and post a profit. He said with bugger all going out in match payments and some Sponsors/Members still kicking in plus gates as it goes then he said his Club normally makes 6 to 7k from a Presentation Night and they make money out of the Vote Count being a seperate function as well. So I guess that's why we have had some League's pull the pin and some still keen to go ahead. Next Monday's announcements will be interesting.

Interesting conversation tonight was with 2 mates who are from different Club's. One of the boys has the mail that those League's that want to play will have to start with 100 and then it will extend too 500 after the first few weeks ( The Crowds) One of them said it would be curtains for his Club didn't think they would start with so few being allowed at the Footy even if the Crowds got bigger as it went on. The other who is a Committee Member at his Club had completely the opposite view saying they were in a position to take what he thought was a small hit for a few weeks but then would be in a position to actually make some money by the end of the Season and post a profit. He said with bugger all going out in match payments and some Sponsors/Members still kicking in plus gates as it goes then he said his Club normally makes 6 to 7k from a Presentation Night and they make money out of the Vote Count being a seperate function as well. So I guess that's why we have had some League's pull the pin and some still keen to go ahead. Next Monday's announcements will be interesting.

Agree but your last comment "club hopes to make 6 to 7km from presentation Night and they make money out of the Vote Count being a separate function as well".Who knows what the restrictions will be then,my gut feeling says a goer but none of us know and is it worth the risk especially if club not in a strong financial position.

Who are Kyabram bringing back from the VFL/metro jon? You are a man in the know. Give us some names.

Who are Kyabram bringing back from the VFL/metro jon? You are a man in the know. Give us some names.
Lids could be back chasing that elusive flag! I heard an interview where he said he won't play VFL now and he may play down on the Coast with his brother and wouldn't mind playing a game back home at Ky. Their is no Footy down Geelong way this Season now so that might heightened the Bombers chances of luring him back.

I know there have been two distinct groups of 'for and against' footy being played this year. Personally thrilled that we can get the social connections so needed going again. Will be interesting to see if anyone can close the gap on KY. I think Echuca could be shaping up well to close the gap.

Yeah it’ll be very interesting, going off recruiting Euroa has picked up the best I think? But yes ky and Echuca will be again up there but I wouldn’t sleep on euroa. Good side last year just needed a little more Talent and by the looks they’ve picked it up this year so it will be interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After the increased number of cases registered today, do you think we are being a bit premature with returning to play. Victoria is certainly in a worse position than most of the other states at this time in regards to numbers of people diagnosed so perhaps the Government may continue to be fairly conservative in their approach.

Interesting to note the Sunraysia FNL has decided to commence and the Horsham District FNL has packed things up for season 2020. One of their considerations were the commitments of farmers which is something that may be a consideration for other leagues.

Looks like more leagues wont be playing in 2020 than will be.

After the increased number of cases registered today, do you think we are being a bit premature with returning to play. Victoria is certainly in a worse position than most of the other states at this time in regards to numbers of people diagnosed so perhaps the Government may continue to be fairly conservative in their approach.

Interesting to note the Sunraysia FNL has decided to commence and the Horsham District FNL has packed things up for season 2020. One of their considerations were the commitments of farmers which is something that may be a consideration for other leagues.

Looks like more leagues wont be playing in 2020 than will be.
14 of the 20 new cases were returning travellers, and one a security guard at one of the hotels where returning travellers are isolated

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back