Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Silver Tongue it's a shame about the departures from Rochy but I suppose that it's reasonably commonplace following a change of direction on the coaching front.
Stroobants would obviously have a pretty decent network to tap into so hopefully he can pull some strings in order to secure some solid reinforcements.
Hey Jet! Good to hear from you. Best ignore some of the commentary on here mate.

The departures were a normal part of Flaherty finishing as Coach at the end of 2019. Five departures including Flaherty and Ash Watson retiring.

Stroobants himself would have been a virtual recruit playing about 2 games across 2018-'19 seasons. He bought ex North Melbourne VFL co-captain Jordan Harper and his brother Lachlan from the Amateurs. Another former North co-captain and current Port Melbourne player Chris Jansen signed and made Rochy his home club although it would have been unlikely we would have sighted him in a Tigers jumper in 2020 anyway. Former player Sean Williams has returned from some good footy at Eaglehawk.

My understanding is they are pursuing a couple more but no idea who they might be. The loss of Gledhill in 2020 will be a huge loss but I believe it's just for one year. Hill back to his home club Colbinabbin is totally understandable, so the two disappointments are probably Wren and particularly McEwen.

Hey Jet! Good to hear from you. Best ignore some of the commentary on here mate.

The departures were a normal part of Flaherty finishing as Coach at the end of 2019. Five departures including Flaherty and Ash Watson retiring.

Stroobants himself would have been a virtual recruit playing about 2 games across 2018-'19 seasons. He bought ex North Melbourne VFL co-captain Jordan Harper and his brother Lachlan from the Amateurs. Another former North co-captain and current Port Melbourne player Chris Jansen signed and made Rochy his home club although it would have been unlikely we would have sighted him in a Tigers jumper in 2020 anyway. Former player Sean Williams has returned from some good footy at Eaglehawk.

My understanding is they are pursuing a couple more but no idea who they might be. The loss of Gledhill in 2020 will be a huge loss but I believe it's just for one year. Hill back to his home club Colbinabbin is totally understandable, so the two disappointments are probably Wren and particularly McEwen.

Nice summary silver, Add in Dillion Williams from last year as a recruit aswell. Definitely 1 maybe more young kids who have tasted senior footy in the past returning to the club which is a positive also.
was really bullish about rochys prospects before losing wren and McEwen but not the end of the world. Luckily there is a super group of 3rds coming through at the moment which rochy needs every so often to drive it’s playing group for the future.

So you are happy you've lost two young players. Just FYI..Wheeler was named Echuca's best player on grand Final day..lol. Henderson second best. Faulkes is a loss. Barber is a loss, McNamara is a loss, Allen is a loss. Jury out on Prout.

Outs;
Wheeler
Henderson
Allen
McNamara
Faulkes
Barber
Warde?
Kemp?

Ins
Prout
Reid

Yep thats an improved list....if you think that you have no clues lol.

Barber, Warde, Kemp all good to go. Faulks gone, McNamara back, Allen gone. Henderson gone, Wheeler gone.

Evans pios will play more games than Henderson did on the said year. Reid will replace Wheeler in games played and is an A plus player. Tenace you have forgotten about, good player..Forward/Ruck. On baller from Darwin, Fulford , Riley Smith...And the said Current listed AFL player if delisted.....think they will be fine.

I’ll remind you Wheeler and Henderson barely played ..... I could go on with the ins.....you have no idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Possibly former Gold Coast player Alik Magin and Daniel Toman both from Sunbury Lions and both former teammates of stroobants at Bendigo, are two that rochy have in the pipeline

Barber, Warde, Kemp all good to go. Faulks gone, McNamara back, Allen gone. Henderson gone, Wheeler gone.

Evans pios will play more games than Henderson did on the said year. Reid will replace Wheeler in games played and is an A plus player. Tenace you have forgotten about, good player..Forward/Ruck. On baller from Darwin, Fulford , Riley Smith...And the said Current listed AFL player if delisted.....think they will be fine.

I’ll remind you Wheeler and Henderson barely played ..... I could go on with the ins.....you have no idea!!

I’m not even engaging in this rubbish.
The blessing in disguise analogy is deadset offensive and laughable at best

And the inclusion of Ben Reid’s brother should more than compensate for the other departures.
There you go Right,the pressure is off you.

Henderson played 16 games and wheeler 14, thats a third of the season so your wrong there.
Think you are under selling the loss of Faulks, probably in the best 2-3 defenders in the league last year. McKenna is also a big loss, only bloke who could match it with mueller. Allans presence will be missed, his numbers were not huge but he made all of the Echuca players walk taller. From an unbiased perspective and I’m happy to be proven wrong but they don’t look to have covered those losses as yet.

I’m not even engaging in this rubbish.
The blessing in disguise analogy is deadset offensive and laughable at best

The blessing in disguise again was a pointer to the fact they also have a number of young under 18 kids from the last two flags that have to fit in somewhere so some of them will get a chance more so. That is obviously hard for you to understand. Remember when VFL players come back they usually replace kids unfortunately in the seniors. You know that...you have coached it.....One less head ache.

Echuca have 56 of 65 re committed apparently with a couple waiting on Uni stuff.
You have no idea !!!

The blessing in disguise again was a pointer to the fact they also have a number of young under 18 kids from the last two flags that have to fit in somewhere so some of them will get a chance more so. That is obviously hard for you to understand. Remember when VFL players come back they usually replace kids unfortunately in the seniors. You know that...you have coached it.....One less head ache.

Echuca have 56 of 65 re committed apparently with a couple waiting on Uni stuff.
You have no idea !!!

Last thing on this...still waiting for your big announcements. On paper the gap between Kyabram and Echuca has grown.
Is Byrne playing VFL and Becoming a blessing in disguise? Is Will Monahan playing VFL? I might have no idea but you’ve lost 5 of the 7 goals you kicked against Ky in the GF and it’s never a good look to get a new user name and a burner account or mate to sign up to hold your hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last thing on this...still waiting for your big announcements. On paper the gap between Kyabram and Echuca has grown.
Is Byrne playing VFL and Becoming a blessing in disguise? Is Will Monahan playing VFL? I might have no idea but you’ve lost 5 of the 7 goals you kicked against Ky in the GF and it’s never a good look to get a new user name and a burner account or mate to sign up to hold your hand.

He we go again...old mate Ringo trying to name people...pathetic..

I thought it was against BF rules to name and out people. You are wrong champ.....totally wrong. No burner accounts, no pseudo names just exercising the right to be a poster and post within the rules. Move on tiger and pick your next bloke you can get aggressive with.

It’s a forum so deep breathes and enjoy the rest of the night...

Last edited by a moderator:
He we go again...old mate Ringo trying to name people...pathetic..

I thought it was against BF rules to name and out people. You are wrong champ.....totally wrong. No burner accounts, no pseudo names just exercising the right to be a poster and post within the rules. Move on tiger and pick your next bloke you can get aggressive with.

It’s a forum so deep breathes and enjoy the rest of the night...

Hahahaha.....just facts and its really sad. Not aggressive at all just bemused that someone not close to the club knows 65 out of 76 have resigned , that the loss of so much quality is a blessing in disguise, that a coach doesn't want selection headaches . That the VFL guys returning aged 19/20 at the time were blocking the opportunities for young players..not aggressive just bemused. Oh and if people think its ok to hide behind a user name then that is right up a trolls alley.

Henderson played 16 games and wheeler 14, thats a third of the season so your wrong there.
Think you are under selling the loss of Faulks, probably in the best 2-3 defenders in the league last year. McKenna is also a big loss, only bloke who could match it with mueller. Allans presence will be missed, his numbers were not huge but he made all of the Echuca players walk taller. From an unbiased perspective and I’m happy to be proven wrong but they don’t look to have covered those losses as yet.
A strong summary Jon. Could not agree more, particularly with regards Faulks and Allan and their impact. Thanks for the statistics on Henderson and Wheeler as I had thought they played regularly in 2019.

sh*t imagine if he was wrong and it was Bryce Gibbs....mmmmmm

Lol settle down Dave Hughes, not sure when you retire your waiting on size of AFL lists🤭🤭 but nice try at a deflection, my money is on Lloyd still. It's good to see we all don't share the same opinion on here, it would get pretty boring.

However, not sure you have been painting the bombers in great light right, you have posted on here publicly those ex locals are no great loss, how do you ever recruit those guys back, I think it's fairly obvious you are on the bomber commitee, I'm not sure on your angle, I know your trying to pump up the club for 2021 to be up there again, not sure you do at locals expense by undervaluing their 2019 season.

And if true about the ex AFL player, every club in a 150km radius will be trying to recruit him now, and working out who it is, not sure you'd be that popular at Vic park at present

Lol settle down Dave Hughes, not sure when you retire your waiting on size of AFL lists🤭🤭 but nice try at a deflection, my money is on Lloyd still. It's good to see we all don't share the same opinion on here, it would get pretty boring.

However, not sure you have been painting the bombers in great light right, you have posted on here publicly those ex locals are no great loss, how do you ever recruit those guys back, I think it's fairly obvious you are on the bomber commitee, I'm not sure on your angle, I know your trying to pump up the club for 2021 to be up there again, not sure you do at locals expense by undervaluing their 2019 season.

And if true about the ex AFL player, every club in a 150km radius will be trying to recruit him now, and working out who it is, not sure you'd be that popular at Vic park at present

Trent let me tell you something. Everything I have mentioned is simply things/opinions of mine and others of many people around Echuca. Most of it is common knowledge and just because Certain people have not heard it then it still can be true. For instance the coach’s quiet openly state to people the amount of players that have re committed. Nothing secretive about that. Rumour has been around a long time about the said possible AFL recruit...nothing new this tome of year. I’ve stated all along it’s depending on list sizes that are yet to be determined by the AFL...something that some can’t understand. Opinions on footballers is nothing new....that’s what the forum throws up but in this case an opinion was given and because good old Mate doesn’t agree he goes troppo. Those opinions might not be agreeable by some, that’s ok...Comments on other clubs is also a part of the process on here. Old mate doesn’t like being Challenged on his opinions and that’s ok but geez does he lose his shit and brings others in to support his opinions to make himself feel good. Guess time will tell but fair dinkum everyone take a deep breath...

For the record, I’m not on the committee, have a real interest in my club and I laugh at some of the poor soles on here who take it so seriously, everyone is subject to criticism and unfortunately some get “angry” when it’s there turn because someone doesn’t agree with them.

Breathe people ....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back