Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Moroopna 85 / 86 premiership years were great teams coached by Chris Smith.
Tongala's 83-84 sides were powerful units. I have them just below Seymour's (stiff not to be four) three in a row and slightly ahead of the Echuca and Kyabram juggernauts.

Let's face it, it's all subjective, but all mighty teams in their respective windows of dominance.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks silver,
I did take a glance, maybe I didn't go far enough.
Did j mellington end up signing at benalla?
Would I also be wrong in seeing shepp swans training out the sports complex north of shepp? Where are they playing home games this year?
When talking about a sporting complex it’s actually Rumbalaras home of football Had a good chat with Suds ( swans president) on Saturday and he is confident they will play the majority of their home games at princess park admitting it’s possible they may change their lst home game to mooroopna The drop in portables are not far and the ground is looking ok You wouldn’t have thought any of this would have been possible a few months back

Reading through a few of the other forums from around vic country I think the GV may be in the best shape. A few clubs going into recess, a lot of talk about teams not fielding reserves sides ect. Is there any teams in the GV in a real struggle for numbers that we know of? A lot of young GV talent playing VFL as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be an interesting exercise to put together a VFL side from GV exports either ex or current VFL players

B L Prout(Ech) J Johnson (Moor) A Hicks (S/Un)

HB B Reid(Ech) Mills (Ech) J Cucinotta (S/Un)

C D Henderson (Ech) J Atley (Rochy) M Shannon (Shep)

HF J Evans (Ech) G Byrne (Ech) T Davies ( Euroa)

F S Willougby(Ech) Bath (Euroa) B Cooper (Tat)

R T Downie(Benalla)
RR N Mellington ( Benalla)
R J Hellier (Euroa)

INT:Z Branch (SS) E Penrith (Tat) J Chalcraft (S/Un), M Clohesy (SS)

I'm sure there are others and I probably have a few out of positions.

Last edited:
Shepp Swans small man Zac Banch added to Williamstowns list.
Great little player hopefully he gets a taste of the vfl action. I understand he was from Yarrawonga was he a regular senior player at Yarra? Or had just come out of juniors?

It would be an interesting exercise to put together a VFL side from GV exports either ex or current VFL players

B
HB B Reid

C

HF

F

R T Downie(Benalla)
Would be a pretty handy side you could come up with Ringo! Ethan Penrith recently signed at Tatura. Athletic, speedy half back from Carlton VFL, goes very well and is a great pick up for Tatura. Could also be added to your side!

B
HB B Reid

C

HF

F

R T Downie(Benalla)
Come on mate you can easily filll the rest of those spots even if quite a few spots are taken up by Echuca players so be it ??

R T Downie(Benalla)
R J Hellier (Euroa)

INT:Z Branch (SS) E Penrith (Tat)

Pretty handy team. J Chalcraft from shepp United also
And max clohsey from the swans too. But as you said probably a few more also

R T Downie(Benalla)
R J Hellier (Euroa)

INT:Z Branch (SS) E Penrith (Tat) J Chalcraft (S/Un), M Clohesy (SS)

Hugh Hamilton would slot into that side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? If not in the frame to be drafted what’s the objective of playing VFL , particularly those who would otherwise be living in regional Vic ?

To play at the highest possible level you can achieve, have new experiences, meet new people, access to different coaching and programs

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back