Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't everyone drop 1pt if they played the previous year?? That should free up some points then...
Must play 5 games to drop a point I believe.... Or something along those lines.

J.Johnston was incorrectly listed so he won't drop a point, Trengove was a 7 pointer now down to 6 points,, Rutherford will carry weight 4 points?, D.Johnston signed as a VFL listed player and will be 5 points, the other recruit with Johnston from murray league will be a 3 pointer? They add up quickly.

Exactly, unless the system is scaled so Melbourne clubs have the least points so they promote their juniors, battling bottom country clubs could have 100 points, it wouldn't make any difference, they can't get recruits
Community clubs can bounce back if given the opportunity by way of additional points .

Community clubs can bounce back if given the opportunity by way of additional points .
The great Castlemaine footy club, who have produced some good vfl/AFL footballers and country superstars could be given 300 points and it wouldn't matter, how do you get guys to take on the challenge of building up a side, it's 3-4 years work, metro clubs have more points, yet more people live there, so where's the ability to entice guys to a Castlemaine or Shepp united for example from the city, without paying way overs

Come back to me when you see over adjudication .
Reporting system has been in place for years for umpire abuse including from those within the coaches box .

Happens in all facets of the game, over playing by players, over umpiring, over reacting and over administrating.

I know at the club I’m now involved in we have been encouraged to build relationships with umpires to help eliminate the abuse that can occur and build respect both ways..this will help more than a card system.

Having said that given how big an issue umpire numbers are across all levels of footy, anything is worth a try to see if it can help keep people in the job

Yeah so hard to get umpires these days only makes it worse by yelling at them , young people won't put up with any more can't really blame them no one wants to get abused.
Happens in all facets of the game, over playing by players, over umpiring, over reacting and over administrating.

I know at the club I’m now involved in we have been encouraged to build relationships with umpires to help eliminate the abuse that can occur and build respect both ways..this will help more than a card system.

Having said that given how big an issue umpire numbers are across all levels of footy, anything is worth a try to see if it can help keep people in the job

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah so hard to get umpires these days only makes it worse by yelling at them , young people won't put up with any more can't really blame them no one wants to get abused.

One of the biggest problems in Country footy I reckon Elvis. Some hero on the hill full of VB screaming abuse at a 17 year old umpire. ... or any umpire for that matter.

Cheer your own team, acknowledge opposition when it's deserved. Otherwise shut up and be thankful we have country footy to watch!

Excellent post mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody oath. I have been horrendous to umpires over my time and am embarrassed by it.

The best thing I did was actually go and umpire some games. Be it juniors or reserves games…it actually shows you just how bloody hard it is to do. After doing it I have new appreciation and respect for those who umpire our games for us

Are there any penalties for umpires for over officiating?
Like all jobs, they are reviewed by their mentors and hopefully improve going forward

Why do you ask

Why let things like this live rent free in your head.

Isn’t it easier to just move on.
It’s not about ‘living rent free ‘ it’s about questioning change seemingly for the sake of change and even moreso the continued reference to non communication .
I may be completely wrong but I think the alternate approach , of encouraging communication is paramount to footballs survival and allows for clarity .
This continual push to decision making with no communication IMO is a significant factor in nullifying people’s interest in the game and driving them away .

What’s every one reckon of the appointment of shepparton premiership coach Mark Lambourn along with assistants Simon Eishold and Dion Sheehan as the new GVFL inter coaches all 3 have come with good football backgrounds Let’s hope most of the guns put there hands up A win at Albury on may the 20th would be nice but tough to achieve

Except for last nights game in the AFL , 4 umpires is over officiating I think the umpires have a bet to see who blows the whistle the quickest
It was a terrible game of footy in all aspects

What’s every one reckon of the appointment of shepparton premiership coach Mark Lambourn along with assistants Simon Eishold and Dion Sheehan as the new GVFL inter coaches all 3 have come with good football backgrounds Let’s hope most of the guns put there hands up A win at Albury on may the 20th would be nice but tough to achieve
The way the league handled the initial appointments of Lamont and Drum was nothing short of shambolic. I wish the new candidates all the best but I’d be very wary of working for an organisation that managed to handle that episode so poorly. Who knows if they’ll be sending out expressions of interest again come Monday?!

Pretty keen to watch Josh Mellington and Jarrod Waite play in the same forward line on Good Friday. Will certainly test out Seymour’s defence early on in the season

No chance to win against the o&m

I wonder what some of the vfl listed players have to do to become eligible for GVFL interleage team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back