Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What a few weeks that was on here!!
Certainly was an interesting time. Nick wasn’t the best appointment the club has made and they certainly learnt from the experience. Alarm bells rang for me when he was travelling from the Mornington Peninsula. This was never going to work out.

Interesting that Nick has coached at numerous clubs since with varying degrees of success. Not convinced about his ability as a senior coach to be honest.

Yeah I know mate. It all should have been in-house at the Seymour FC but that wasn't the threads finest hour. 🤕
It was in house at the Lions but certain individuals couldn’t help themselves and weren’t good in handling constructive feedback….

Certainly was an interesting time. Nick wasn’t the best appointment the club has made and they certainly learnt from the experience. Alarm bells rang for me when he was travelling from the Mornington Peninsula. This was never going to work out.

Interesting that Nick has coached at numerous clubs since with varying degrees of success. Not convinced about his ability as a senior coach to be honest.
He has Coached multiple flags. How many have you Coached?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has Coached multiple flags. How many have you Coached?
Have been involved in more than my fair share Bush. Good luck to Nick but considering some of the clubs have been very well resourced I am not sure his success rate has been that good. Didn’t end well at Rosebud and Seymour and the flag at East Brighton this year was well supported by a big spend on players.

Good fellow and not questioning his commitment or character, just not my type of coach with his approach. Has certainly been to a few clubs…..

Sometimes you don’t get it right and Seymour didn’t with his appointment. The club learnt from it and has gone from strength to strength since.

Last edited:
More importantly Rochy have announced Dillon Williams back from Eaglehawk, Bailey McGee from Kyneton and Mitch Trewhella from Kangaroo Flat as signatures for next year.

A few more to come yet.
All good pick ups, especially Williams who is a very good player. Hopefully the Tigers can add a few more. Have heard they are very active with recruiting at the moment and being very responsible with their spend.

Fingers crossed they are in the right track. Would be great to see them back in the top end of the ladder. Bloody good football club and I loved the people and hospitality when playing against them years ago.

Have been involved in more than my fair share Bush. Good luck to Nick but considering some of the clubs have been very well resourced I am not sure his success rate has been that good. Was a complete failure at Rosebud and Seymour and the flag at East Brighton this year was well supported by a big spend on players.

Good fellow and not questioning his commitment or character, just not my type of coach with his approach.

Sometimes you don’t get it right and Seymour didn’t with his appointment. The club learnt from it and has gone from strength to strength since.
He Coached Rosebud to s Premiership & a Preliminary Final. You've been involved.... I will take it that your not a Premiership Coach ( dual) as Nick is.

He Coached Rosebud to s Premiership & a Preliminary Final. You've been involved.... I will take it that your not a Premiership Coach ( dual) as Nick is.
Not here to give you my background and credentials Bush. Don’t get defensive when I offered a respectful opinion.

I stand by my views. You don’t have to agree and that’s ok.

Not here to give you my background and credentials Bush. Don’t get defensive when I offered a respectful opinion.

Nor do you need to ... We are by the guidelines of the thread and BigFooty meant to be anonymous.

Just to clarify you stand by your views that he failed at Rosebud even though they Won a Premiership & played in a Preliminary?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back