Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see phantom man has stated on the MFL thread that Kayne Pettifer will be lining up with Nathalia don’t know what sort of a loss to Ky but will be more than a handful for the Murray league backs
42 now Swoopin. I reckon there will be a few full backs willing to run off him. Be interesting to see how he goes but at 42 , 30 goals would be a great outcome.

For what it’s worth, I’m involved in submitting the transfers and running of play HQ at my club, and it is a very easy system to use. Cricket had an issue with the transition of MyCricket accounts over to play HQ.
Used playhq and gameday and gameday far superior in ease of use .
Aside from individuals view or preference the biggest issues with playhq is it simply doesn’t have basic functionality to allow reporting and publication of reports, as gameday and from that article it appears my cricket had .
With people wanting more info , it’s beyond belief that they would move from a system
Which provides superior reporting to one that has inferior reporting .

The Goulburn Valley Football-Netball league could have a different finals format “moving forward” with three options on the table.

A survey is being conducted of the league’s 12 clubs on whether they want to stick with the top-six status quo, whereby the two top teams meet in the first week of finals or move to a top-six where the top two teams have the bye in week one. The last option is a return to a top 5.

The Goulburn Valley Football-Netball league could have a different finals format “moving forward” with three options on the table.

A survey is being conducted of the league’s 12 clubs on whether they want to stick with the top-six status quo, whereby the two top teams meet in the first week of finals or move to a top-six where the top two teams have the bye in week one. The last option is a return to a top 5.
Given it is a substantial structure change perhaps a in person meeting and vote would be more appropriate .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think any top 6 system is less than ideal.

Appears there have been some changes to the draw after complaints from clubs .
Assume there are drafts sent out to clubs prior to the draw being realised , if clubs haven’t raised any concerns with the draft what is released should stay as the final fixture . iMO it makes the league look unprofessional .

Yeah no United v Bears on Good Friday

Bears submitted 3 reasons why they didn’t want to play and United had no say, the league’s decision was final

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

is there anywhere these days where you can read the clearances for leagues. was good when you could see what player movements were happening on the websites.
There are a couple of Facebook Pages updating clearances but I'm not sure what they are called. It is bewildering why anyone would want to obscure football people from seeing clearances. If this is the system that is regarded as the best then that's fine but we all know that it is the shadow of the previous system and that it is a mile off that. Disappointing, incredulous, and disrespectful to country football people.

There are a couple of Facebook Pages updating clearances but I'm not sure what they are called. It is bewildering why anyone would want to obscure football people from seeing clearances. If this is the system that is regarded as the best then that's fine but we all know that it is the shadow of the previous system and that it is a mile off that. Disappointing, incredulous, and disrespectful to country football people.

And yet the one local league still on gameday doesn’t have any 2024 clearances to view ….. yet???

Super keen for this season to start .... I think it won't be same old this year ...Echuca are certainly the team to beat but challengers will come thick and fast. The Tigers will certainly be in the mix in their 150th year celebrations. Beware the Rochy boys!
Hope you’re right tongue the finals always better when rochy are participating in them

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back