Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How could the clearances be approved given others leagues don’t have access ?

Last season there were clearance approvals from various PlayHQ and non-PlayHQ leagues into your gameday league from Feb 1st to late June
So assumed that would be the case again this year

Sorry if I am mistaken, or upset you, as was merely stating an observation that nearly a fortnight after the clearance window opened there was no applications visible on the website from clubs despite recruiting announcements on their socials

Has there been a change on the systems talking to each other?

Last season there were clearance approvals from various PlayHQ and non-PlayHQ leagues into your gameday league from Feb 1st to late June
So assumed that would be the case again this year

Sorry if I am mistaken, or upset you, as was merely stating an observation that nearly a fortnight after the clearance window opened there was no applications visible on the website from clubs despite recruiting announcements on their socials

Has there been a change on the systems talking to each other?
During the past off season Metro funding agreements, from AFL to Metro leagues, were made pursuant of using playhq.

Long time viewer of the GV big footy page. Had my say to try turn conversation back to football. Unfortunately, this thread has become more about politics, play HQ and the 80's. Might be outdated. O&M Thread miles ahead, along with their football. Correct me if I'm wrong.

During the past off season Metro funding agreements, from AFL to Metro leagues, were made pursuant of using playhq.
Sorry,
Was really referring more to the more than 50 applications/approvals from MFL, 15 odd from KDFNL, 9 odd from GVL plus a few more from other close by leagues using PlayHQ, so that isn’t a change or is it?

Genuine question, as seeing so many last year between the systems didn’t see how the change you mentioned effects your clubs entering clearance requests like they did last year - or does it?

Sorry,
Was really referring more to the more than 50 applications/approvals from MFL, 15 odd from KDFNL, 9 odd from GVL plus a few more from other close by leagues using PlayHQ, so that isn’t a change or is it?

Genuine question, as seeing so many last year between the systems didn’t see how the change you mentioned effects your clubs entering clearance requests like they did last year - or does it?
AFL had access and therefore the option last year to forward to those leagues and clubs . They all merely timed out last with the exception of the metro leagues, who had direct access . This year the afl doesn’t have access . Happy to continue upon the appropriate leagues thread if you’d like to take it there

Long time viewer of the GV big footy page. Had my say to try turn conversation back to football. Unfortunately, this thread has become more about politics, play HQ and the 80's. Might be outdated. O&M Thread miles ahead, along with their football. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't go criticising 80's-90's discussion on here BARRY.😇 I see the O&ML are currently taking our lead and discussing the very same topic.

PlayHQ and football administration I can take or leave so don't add much ... but it is relevant to footy and therefore obviously matters to others.

This thread normally dominates the O&ML thread for general traffic.

Don't go criticising 80's-90's discussion on here BARRY.😇 I see the O&ML are currently taking our lead and discussing the very same topic.

PlayHQ and football administration I can take or leave so don't add much ... but it is relevant to footy and therefore obviously matters to others.

You guys need your own big larry

AFL had access and therefore the option last year to forward to those leagues and clubs . They all merely timed out last with the exception of the metro leagues, who had direct access . This year the afl doesn’t have access . Happy to continue upon the appropriate leagues thread if you’d like to take it there

Thank you for your explanation
So to confirm
Last year afl had access and could let clubs / leagues know of clearance requests for their players but most clearances were processed without origin club/league approval and this year due to no access all will be just automatically cleared without origin club or league input?
So for example, Waaia has no say in approving Holland back to the bears?
Or does the auto approval just apply the other way around, that no GVL or MFL or any other league can deny a player movement to your league?

All I'm saying is the thread title is Goulburn Valley FL 2024 not 1980-1990. Discuss whatever you like but there seems to be a decrease in the variety of posters (same posters) Could be due to the same chat. Who knows.

2023 O&M Had 197 pages to GV 128 (works out to be roughly 700 post difference). 2024 already O&M 44. I would say more footy talk also.

More footy chat would be nice. Would love to see some opinions on each team's game plans and kids coming through. Would be interesting to provide a top 20 of kids under 22 (If anyone know any kids under 22). Not many teams over the last 10 have won a flag just recruiting blokes from Melbourne. Structure beats talent!!!

Can shepp the region retain young guys 18-24 like 10 -20 years ago. Add the fact most clubs aren't as financially strong as that time ago, means the standard has dropped, doesn't entice as many recruits to the league and you can see why the chat here has dropped, add in no one can see clearances, it kills country footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm saying is the thread title is Goulburn Valley FL 2024 not 1980-1990. Discuss whatever you like but there seems to be a decrease in the variety of posters (same posters) Could be due to the same chat. Who knows.

2023 O&M Had 197 pages to GV 128 (works out to be roughly 700 post difference). 2024 already O&M 44. I would say more footy talk also.

More footy chat would be nice. Would love to see some opinions on each team's game plans and kids coming through. Would be interesting to provide a top 20 of kids under 22 (If anyone know any kids under 22). Not many teams over the last 10 have won a flag just recruiting blokes from Melbourne. Structure beats talent!!!

And most of that O&M content was red wine-induced horse shit from Geoff.

It's pre-season. When the season starts, there will be more to talk about.

As an example rhys archard won the Morrison when he was 20, not sure there's anyone staying around the gv now that age
Exactly my point. Rhys was a gun and would have been miles ahead of any 20yr in the state (outlier). There are some serious players around that age that are playing in the GV. People just don't give them credit and revert back to the mature (known) players of the comp, who some of are overvalued. I would nearly go as far as saying a large quantity of comments uploaded on GV Bigfooty are made without watching or watching with bias.

Surely someone can create a list of the best 20 players under 22 in the league. If you can't, either the leagues terrible or you're not watching it. I would say the 2nd option.

Exactly my point. Rhys was a gun and would have been miles ahead of any 20yr in the state (outlier). There are some serious players around that age that are playing in the GV. People just don't give them credit and revert back to the mature (known) players of the comp, who some of are overvalued. I would nearly go as far as saying a large quantity of comments uploaded on GV Bigfooty are made without watching or watching with bias.

Surely someone can create a list of the best 20 players under 22 in the league. If you can't, either the leagues terrible or you're not watching it. I would say the 2nd option.
I’ll start with a few of the better 18-19 year olds. Hugh Byrne & sammy Edgar from Echuca. James auld, max clohesy and mason reeves from swans.
Ned Byrne is going to be handy in years to come from the bears aswell as the whitlocks (if they don’t get drafted)
Ben woods & coby James from Mooroopna. Creevey and hilly from euroa. Archie watt from Kyabram.

Dustin burns originally from Ouyen won the morris medal in 2002, he would have been 19, 20 too. We don't see it happening now
For years major league clubs used the lure of playing in major league provides greater opportunity to be selected in things like TAC and ultimately being drafted including as a mature age .
Now private schools and state leagues are being more strongly sold as the ‘must do ‘ .

Barry where are you from? Start us off with some young guns from your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back