Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Personally, i will sit in the Lions corner-they have more room for improvement than the others. The darkhorse is Echuca.
On Seymour, was interesting to see that a senior premiership player would leave to play in the B&D. He seems to be on the move again but is things not as rosey as they seem at the Lions Den? I dont think the improvement will be there this year. You cant win them all, can you?

Carl & Dean Moon, Perry & Kahl Oliver, Anthony McPhee, Dylan Cuttriss, Sam Williams, Ash Watson, Nathan Whipp, Steve Rasmussen...10 players that all came through the thirds. Should I continue?
Sorry, dont mean to bring up old posts but, I thought that Tank McPhee was recruited to Rochy from another club. Was he a Rochy kid playing elsewhere?

Sorry, dont mean to bring up old posts but, I thought that Tank McPhee was recruited to Rochy from another club. Was he a Rochy kid playing elsewhere?

Came from Lockington Bamawm United when he was 17 or so. Never played a 3rds or 2nds match at Rochy either.

Came from Lockington Bamawm United when he was 17 or so. Never played a 3rds or 2nds match at Rochy either.

You'd class that as being a local, though I'm sure some dip**** is about to say other wise. Euroa's Captain Scott Watson would be in the same boat. Plays his 300th for the club this week, but the amazing thing is he played soccer until he was 21. Played his first season of football with longwood when he moved up from Melbourne, but has been at euroa ever since...

Yes, can you write more than 6 words or is that your limit?? Simply pumping up the tyres of two clubs I respect for what they do year in and year out and continue to be competitive.

They dont give up and have to move to a lower grade of football like your club and they dont rely on paying players from outside the area.

Bowen has moved to the area and plays cricket at Rochy as well, Schmidt coaches the bloody side so you cant compare him to blokes coming to play for coin that dont put back into the club. After that you have named two blokes, one from just down the road in Bendigo, not sure bout the other bloke.

I'm sure Rushy Tiger will be all over it

I would love to be mate but I have better things to do than have to listen and comment upon uneducated morons horrific posts. These people who have nothing better to do than bag out sides like Rochy and Echuca who are clearly going well and this upsets people. The evidence speaks for itself. Case closed as far as I think. Will be great to see Rochy and Echuca in the finals and hopefully on the last Sunday of the year belting crap out of each other!

Just another Rochester clown making up stories to proove a point. It happens a bit bond so I wouldnt read too much into what the Rochester people have to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Seymour, was interesting to see that a senior premiership player would leave to play in the B&D. He seems to be on the move again but is things not as rosey as they seem at the Lions Den? I dont think the improvement will be there this year. You cant win them all, can you?

Write off the lions at your own peril. They lost to Benalla by over 100 points in the middle of 06 and went on to beat everyone and win the flag. Remember they had a few good players out against mooroopna too.

Write off the lions at your own peril. They lost to Benalla by over 100 points in the middle of 06 and went on to beat everyone and win the flag. Remember they had a few good players out against mooroopna too.

Mooroopna playing seymour, rochy, swans all at home.

Will be interesting when they have to play them away!

Just another Rochester clown making up stories to proove a point. It happens a bit bond so I wouldnt read too much into what the Rochester people have to say.

Well if you think that a bloke who went to school in Rochy, lives in Rochy, has played at Rochy since he was 17 and is about to play his 400th senior match for the club is a ring-in, then he's a ring-in.

Well if you think that a bloke who went to school in Rochy, lives in Rochy, has played at Rochy since he was 17 and is about to play his 400th senior match for the club is a ring-in, then he's a ring-in.
Sorry didnt mean to start a childish banter.
But what Im getting at is that it was stated that Tank came through the thirds. And what I wanted to know was if he was recruited, as I thought. Seems he was.
Going 1 step further. Why was he at Lockington Bamawm United if he was a Rochy kid, as he could obviously play the game?

Great to see Addy Dohnt still playing great footy. An absolute superstar. Had some shocking injuries as a kid but as tough as nails. Lets hope he can get Echuca into the finals.

You'd class that as being a local, though I'm sure some dip**** is about to say other wise. Euroa's Captain Scott Watson would be in the same boat. Plays his 300th for the club this week, but the amazing thing is he played soccer until he was 21. Played his first season of football with longwood when he moved up from Melbourne, but has been at euroa ever since...
Wasnt a question about having locals playing at Rochester. Just wanted to know how he got there.

Wont be peril to me Xander. Just going on observation. Personaly would have thought Seymour to be travelling a lot better than they are now (but they are up there). Will be interesting to see how the rest of the year pans out.
Any thoughts on what others think each team may achieve or are capable of? Not just your own team!

Mooroopna playing seymour, rochy, swans all at home.

Will be interesting when they have to play them away!
They can only play according to the draw and they are doing that very well. But your right away wins may be an issue but I think the Cat's are the real deal. Seems they have gotten the recruitment at their club right.

Wont be peril to me Xander. Just going on observation. Personaly would have thought Seymour to be travelling a lot better than they are now (but they are up there). Will be interesting to see how the rest of the year pans out.
Any thoughts on what others think each team may achieve or are capable of? Not just your own team!

I could be wrong but I think the Lions had a slump at this time last year(not really in a slump @ the moment) and may have slipped to 5th/6th position only to motor home. They will beat Kyabram this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back