Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Is there betting on the League medal or just the premiers?

heard a rumour that the GV has flown Linc Withers from Darwin for the medal account , quite strange i thought seeing he just had a kid on wednesday just gone , must be the new morrison medalist ????????????:thumbsu:

Is there betting on the League medal or just the premiers?

Here's a stab at the odds for league medal:

Ash Watson $1.80
Paul Scanlon $4.00
Linc Withers $6.00
Shane Schottner $8.00
Russell Lee $12.00
Paul Newman $15.00
Brendan Liddell $15.00
Guy Campbell $21.00
Brett Warburton $25.00
Blake Campbell $25.00
Tyson Sidebottom $25.00

heard a rumour that the GV has flown Linc Withers from Darwin for the medal account , quite strange i thought seeing he just had a kid on wednesday just gone , must be the new morrison medalist ????????????:thumbsu:

The league pays for that? Sounds odd.

I am a little confused and because of this, frustrated. Are the rules different for AFL and the GVFL?? There seem to be two rules that they don't really use.

1. The time it takes a player to kick the ball, (after a mark or free kick) they seem to have a hell of a long time!!

2. The advantage rule. Seems to be non-existent, then out of the blue, they give one. That was for Seymour v Rochester yesterday. While watching the Seymour v Mooroopna game last week, I never saw one given, even though many could and should have. :confused:

hmm interesting coz ive heard relton roberts is back in the area... could he be in victoria for the same reason withers could be in victoria??

Here's a stab at the odds for league medal:

Ash Watson $1.80
Paul Scanlon $4.00
Linc Withers $6.00
Shane Schottner $8.00
Russell Lee $12.00
Paul Newman $15.00
Brendan Liddell $15.00
Guy Campbell $21.00
Brett Warburton $25.00
Blake Campbell $25.00
Tyson Sidebottom $25.00

wouldn't u put the full forward from the magpies in the top 10 , he did kick a ton in a losing side

Have a look at who posted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you done your research, Are you sure its not true ?
You think you have all the info about everyone on the Bigfooty site, u are a w***er celler dweller, by the way were you standing at the bar at Undera on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowan Priest (Benalla) and Linc Withers (Kyabram) tied for the Morrison.

Very interesting count. Poor Ash Watson thought he was a near certainty. Just goes to show umpires have a totally different view on things. Also a bit surprised with Barge Tuohey winning the 2nds medal as I think Shepp only won about 4 games approx. Obviously losing teams attract votes:confused:. Anyways congrats to all the winners.

Very interesting count. Poor Ash Watson thought he was a near certainty. Just goes to show umpires have a totally different view on things. Also a bit surprised with Barge Tuohey winning the 2nds medal as I think Shepp only won about 4 games approx. Obviously losing teams attract votes:confused:. Anyways congrats to all the winners.

Ash polled only two BOGs. He was leading all three media awards when voting stop being published. It's disappointing, but there are worse things in the world.

Great effort by Withers, for a 34 year old to fly in and out of Darwin each weekend and play the footy he has is a massive effort. Hats off to him and Rowan Priest, both deserved winners. Was surprised at Watson though, perhaps the fact that he doesn't play in the middle and is not always under the umpires eyes worked against him. League medals are traditioinally an onballers award.

Great effort by Withers, for a 34 year old to fly in and out of Darwin each weekend and play the footy he has is a massive effort. Hats off to him and Rowan Priest, both deserved winners. Was surprised at Watson though, perhaps the fact that he doesn't play in the middle and is not always under the umpires eyes worked against him. League medals are traditioinally an onballers award.

congrats to withers, it was a seccret that i knew before the count , picked up a easy 6k from it cheers book makers, imagined if he stayed in victoria and not have been playing on 3 hours sleep every friday night onthe flight . also to priest he is a gun and it was great timing to share it with another premier on baller in victoria country , ky footy club has turned upside down from last year though to 2 wins against tat tothis year 11 wins:D:D , making finals should had gone further but missed the morrison medalist inthe middle, having a morrison medalist and with all that only having three imports and the rest locals , not many clubs could say that hey ??? what do u think ???

Ash polled only two BOGs. He was leading all three media awards when voting stop being published. It's disappointing, but there are worse things in the world.

bad luck to ash , chin up just goes to show the quality of umpires we have in the GV he he

Starts on the wing and swaps into the middle. Possibly getting 30+ touches every week may get a little bit of attention from the boys in white, green and orange. Won every media award by a street. Maybe some of our media counterparts should pull on the umpires attire as they definately know more about the game than the umpires themselves.

[/b]

Starts on the wing and swaps into the middle. Possibly getting 30+ touches every week may get a little bit of attention from the boys in white, green and orange. Won every media award by a street. Maybe some of our media counterparts should pull on the umpires attire as they definately know more about the game than the umpires themselves.
Might have more to do with the local media jumping onboard Watson wagon just because he played down town for a short stint. Seems the media have their favorites because of who they are and not what their doing!

Might have more to do with the local media jumping onboard Watson wagon just because he played down town for a short stint. Seems the media have their favorites because of who they are and not what their doing!

But what he was doing was getting 30+ touches a week.

Don't think Ash will be losing any sleep over it anyway. Not the first beaten favorite in a league B&F.

[/b]

Mate I wasn't having a go at him, I thought he would have won, but you never know with a league medals they are always un predictable. I watched Ash play 3 times this year and he never played in the middle in any of those games. That shouldn't count against you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back