Goulburn Valley FL - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL Thread (part 2)

Why u say that matty?

Put 2 and 2 togeher, it doesnt take much to work out what I am saying. If you have any doubts ask his cricketing mates from Northern Socials in the Jika Cricket Association who got rid of him half way through the season last year.

He kicked 100 in the NFL this yr. For a small forward he could be worth 1500. I think 2k per game is not realistic.

I doubt Euroa would be talking to him if he wants that sort of money. Dont think he would fit their forward line with Janz & Grainger on board. Tat may have the money as they should of saved a truckload after the last few years with the players they have had. No player is worth more than a grand a game though in the GVFL, especially our Indian friend.;) I would be surprised if there were. Who do you guys think would comand that sort of money currently in the league?

I doubt Euroa would be talking to him if he wants that sort of money. Dont think he would fit their forward line with Janz & Grainger on board. Tat may have the money as they should of saved a truckload after the last few years with the players they have had. No player is worth more than a grand a game though in the GVFL, especially our Indian friend.;) I would be surprised if there were. Who do you guys think would comand that sort of money currently in the league?
If Euroa were to be paying him big coin, would it really effect anyone else in the league? Clubs can pay what ever they think a players worth. If it's to the detriment of their own, then they will pay the concequences. But i would have thought the pies would be looking to marquee mid fielder to pay big coin. They had no probs kicking goals when it got down there, it just spent to much time up the wrong end.

He kicked 100 in the NFL this yr. For a small forward he could be worth 1500. I think 2k per game is not realistic.

2K ....Please ...your kidding right, this is Shane and not Brent yeah?

Dont get me wrong top effort to kick a ton but your either getting fed the ball on a platter or your playing out of the middle with crap opposition,
my point being in the GVFL i think you'll find it very hard to find an on baller that will kick a ton with the level of the compitition being very competitive and if he was to play up forward for Tat like someone has suggested in this thread they will need all the money they can save to pay for other players that can win the ball and deliver it up forward to him cos we all know the stock they have at the moment isnt any good

2K ....Please ...your kidding right, this is Shane and not Brent yeah?

Dont get me wrong top effort to kick a ton but your either getting fed the ball on a platter or your playing out of the middle with crap opposition,
my point being in the GVFL i think you'll find it very hard to find an on baller that will kick a ton with the level of the compitition being very competitive and if he was to play up forward for Tat like someone has suggested in this thread they will need all the money they can save to pay for other players that can win the ball and deliver it up forward to him cos we all know the stock they have at the moment isnt any good

maybe some of the money included in the 2 grand is money he flogged from the till

Mark Quarrel, officially the new coach of United. Will be interesting to see whether he takes any big names from Nathalia with him to the Demons.

Apparently Mensch will be back at Mansfield next season.

He is a much better player than Saad Saad (no disrespect). He is small, the same size as his brother but lightning quick and has freakish ball skills. He kicked 10 goals in the NFL rep game against the EDFL rep team and the NFL were beaten by by 9 goals. In that game he kicked one of the greatest goals of all time. He took 9 bounces from the back pocket and kicked a banana from the pocket. He is a FREAK.

He is a much better player than Saad Saad (no disrespect). He is small, the same size as his brother but lightning quick and has freakish ball skills. He kicked 10 goals in the NFL rep game against the EDFL rep team and the NFL were beaten by by 9 goals. In that game he kicked one of the greatest goals of all time. He took 9 bounces from the back pocket and kicked a banana from the pocket. He is a FREAK.
if the money that is rumoured that he will if he comes to the GVFL is correct he would want to be better than Saad Saad because he will be on about 3 times as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the money that is rumoured that he will if he comes to the GVFL is correct he would want to be better than Saad Saad because he will be on about 3 times as much.

...if he gets what you think he will get and if Saad gets what you think he gets.... it's all speculation and only a very select few will know the truth.

Mark Quarrel, officially the new coach of United. Will be interesting to see whether he takes any big names from Nathalia with him to the Demons.

who are some big names at nathalia?
can someone post the article from the shepp news about this please?

who are some big names at nathalia?
can someone post the article from the shepp news about this please?
Big names!? Every Nathalia player is a big name! :D

Trimby is general of Purple army

coach201008b.jpg

New man: Nathan Trimby has been appointed coach of Nathalia.

By Ashleigh Williamson

October 21 2008
Shepparton News

Nathan Trimby has been entrusted with the task of leading Nathalia to Murray Football League history next season.
Trimby was announced as Nathalia's new senior coach at the club's presentation night last Friday, but was told of his appointment on Tuesday that week.
It comes less than a month after the Purples defeated Barooga by 43 points in the grand final to win their fourth straight premiership.
A member of all four of Nathalia's premiership teams, Trimby takes over a side bidding to become the first in league history to win five consecutive flags.
The 30-year-old hasn't set those grand expectations for next year.
"The aim is to make finals which was our aim this year and once you make finals anything can happen which we showed this year," Trimby said.
Trimby was approached for the job before the end of this season when then coach Marc Quarrell let the club know he wouldn't coach the club next year.
Trimby replaces Quarrell as coach, who led Nathalia to its past two premierships and played in the first two.
Trimby doesn't feel any pressure taking on his first senior coaching role given the success his predecessors have had leading Nathalia the past four years.
"Someone had to do the job and I think the club wanted someone from within the club to do it," Trimby said.
"If you get someone from outside the club there can be an exodus of players."
Nathalia president Peter Limbrick backed up Trimby's thoughts about appointing an internal coach.
"We wanted to stay internal because you bring in someone from outside the club and it brings in a different culture and brings in whole new ideas," Limbrick said.
"We didn't want to bring in a new culture. We think we've got a good culture at the club.
"It's one of the reasons we've done so well the last four years because the team has bonded together and wanted to win for each other because they're all Nathalia boys and close mates."
Matt Davies won Nathalia's senior best and fairest with 96 votes, 25 ahead of Drew Barnes on 71 with Daniel Bourke and Nathan Gemmill tying for third.
Other football winners were Ian Fulton (reserves) and Billy Hutchison (under-17), while Briony Gemmill won the A-grade netball trophy.

Any news out of Benalla on the recruiting front?
It seems they are pretty keen to the Martiniello lads back from Myrt. Finished 2nd and 3rd in the B&F this year. Very consistent performers in an outfit that was continually smashed.

Time to head back to the showgrounds and join Will if he's not drafted.

Not sure on Tony Evans plans, whether he would return.

Avondale Heights Captain Cameron Trewin and his vice-captain Leigh Owen have signed at Tatura for the 09 season. Trewin is a strong lead up centre half forward and Owen is arguably the leauge's premier on-baller. Both are multiple best and fairest winners and both played in this year's EDFL rep teams.

thanks, but i actually wanted the article about united and quarrell.
My bad.. here it is. :thumbsu:

Quarrell to be a Dee

October 21 2008
Shepparton News

Shepparton United will tomorrow announce Marc Quarrell as its senior coach for next year's Goulburn Valley Football League season.
Quarrell has coached Nathalia to the past two Murray Football League premierships but will leave the Purples to head to the GVFL next season.

United president Jason Kelly yesterday confirmed the Demons had made a decision on its senior coach, but said neither the club nor the coach would be commenting to the media until tomorrow.

"I know it's all around town, but we're not making any comment until Wednesday," Kelly said.

United will hold a press conference at its Deakin Reserve clubrooms to announce the appointment.

Quarrell brought up his 150th senior game with the Purples midway through the season and helped guide the team to its fourth successive premiership when it defeated Barooga 16.10 (106) to 9.9 (63).

He coached the last two grand final victories and played in the previous two.

It is not known whether Quarrell will be a playing coach with the Demons.

Quarrell replaces Brad Hazelman in the top job for the Demons, which finished this season out of the finals race in ninth spot with a 7-11 record after finishing 2007 as minor premiers before being bundled out by Shepparton Swans in the preliminary final.

Quarrell's appointment leaves Seymour as the only GVFL club without a coach for next season after Echuca appointed Brett Henderson to its vacant position earlier this month and Craig Kelly was last month announced as Mansfield mentor for next year.

Avondale Heights Captain Cameron Trewin and his vice-captain Leigh Owen have signed at Tatura for the 09 season. Trewin is a strong lead up centre half forward and Owen is arguably the leauge's premier on-baller. Both are multiple best and fairest winners and both played in this year's EDFL rep teams.

Is that Leigh Owen who is originally from Griffith? He used to wear head gear not sure if he still does. Gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back