Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too often that your mail is wrong Brad so I won't slag you off just yet. But don't be suprised if Brennan, Anderson and Montague all play. Aitken and Hann are definate non-starters though.

Sorry mate I wasn't very clear. I should have said that Sammy, Ben etc. were missing from the team against Mansfield.

Still love me?

Rochy are capable of fielding one of the strongest sides ever assembled in GVL Football. They would almost be capable of competing at interleague level by themselves. For Mansfield to push them all the way says alot for Mansfield.

They have:
Quality ruck brigade - Anderson, Brennan, Givney & Campbell.
'A' Grade midfield - Watson, Moon, Aitken, McCarty, Duescher, Hann, Montague.
Strong backline with great versatility with Campbell, Collins, O'Brien, Schmidt & Oliver.
Match winning fwds - Bowen, Duescher, Oliver with some clever smalls in Cutriss & Aitken.

They have the lot and if anyone gets close to them will have done well!

Rochy are capable of fielding one of the strongest sides ever assembled in GVL Football. They would almost be capable of competing at interleague level by themselves. For Mansfield to push them all the way says alot for Mansfield.

They have:
Quality ruck brigade - Anderson, Brennan, Givney & Campbell.
'A' Grade midfield - Watson, Moon, Aitken, McCarty, Duescher, Hann, Montague.
Strong backline with great versatility with Campbell, Collins, O'Brien, Schmidt & Oliver.
Match winning fwds - Bowen, Duescher, Oliver with some clever smalls in Cutriss & Aitken.

They have the lot and if anyone gets close to them will have done well!

They have a good team, no doubt. And going on early form,(Eaglehawk praccy & Mansfield game) they will be a handful for most teams. But, 1 win doesn't get you to the GF. I would be waiting a few rounds before labelling them back-to-back (but it would be good):D.

They have a good team, no doubt. And going on early form,(Eaglehawk praccy & Mansfield game) they will be a handful for most teams. But, 1 win doesn't get you to the GF. I would be waiting a few rounds before labelling them back-to-back (but it would be good):D.

Don't think we needed to look at their performance saturday to label them back to back material. They are the same side as last year with Brennan, Aitken, Campbell and Anderson added (all GV reps and some VFL) so I think anything less than back to back would be below par.

Seymour 12.10-82
def. by
Mansfield 16.19-115

Euroa 7.11-53
def. by
Kyabram 26.8-164

Rochester 20.20-140
def.
Echuca 10.12-72

Mooroopna 12.20-92
def.
Shepparton United 12.4-76

Tatura 29.25-199
def.
Benalla 12.7-79

Don't think we needed to look at their performance saturday to label them back to back material. They are the same side as last year with Brennan, Aitken, Campbell and Anderson added (all GV reps and some VFL) so I think anything less than back to back would be below par.

Personally I don't think they will drop more than a game or two all year! They have strong bodies all over the ground and key talls that are a handfull. Campbell was well beaten by a first gamer but will be better as the year goes. Shepparton look like big improvers but the main challengers will be Mansfield at this stage.

Echuca were pretty good in the first half against Rochy. They seem to be a very young team, but their intensity and pressure was excellent. They could be a handy team in a few years if they all stick together and spend a bit of time in the gym.

Rochy played OK. They looked a bit rusty, but had a big second half. A few players seemed a bit down, but others were able to step up. No one really dominated.

Good day all up. Big crowd and as always, a fair few skirmishes.

Echuca were pretty good in the first half against Rochy. They seem to be a very young team, but their intensity and pressure was excellent. They could be a handy team in a few years if they all stick together and spend a bit of time in the gym.

Rochy played OK. They looked a bit rusty, but had a big second half. A few players seemed a bit down, but others were able to step up. No one really dominated.

Good day all up. Big crowd and as always, a fair few skirmishes.

Yeah I thought our (Echuca's )pressure was great for more than a half getting within 2 goals about 20 mins into the 3rd 1/4 but then the bigger bodies took over. Hopefully we can cause a few upsets

Yeah I thought our (Echuca's )pressure was great for more than a half getting within 2 goals about 20 mins into the 3rd 1/4 but then the bigger bodies took over. Hopefully we can cause a few upsets

Similar situation against Shepp in the first round. If Echuca can put it together for four quarters, they will definitely knock over some fancied teams.

Mansfield v Seymour game sounds interesting. Anyone watch that one?

Similar situation against Shepp in the first round. If Echuca can put it together for four quarters, they will definitely knock over some fancied teams.

Mansfield v Seymour game sounds interesting. Anyone watch that one?
Monster Mench was v hard to match up on. Seymour misses a good big unit defender for his type. Mansfield new recruits were good. Seymour had a few new kids playing who were a bit lost.

Who played well on the day????...As usual the Riv's coverage of one of the biggest games of the year is absolutley piss poor...

Cheers

Who played well on the day????...As usual the Riv's coverage of one of the biggest games of the year is absolutley piss poor...

Cheers

Alistair Evans ( 1st game), david Ismail, Liam Wilkinson, Chris Casey and Tom Mckitterick were V good. All of the boys had a crack and generally played well. We might get a couple back this week. Watson played well for Rochester. We got rolled by 21 goals down there last time so we are closing the gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alistair Evans ( 1st game), david Ismail, Liam Wilkinson, Chris Casey and Tom Mckitterick were V good. All of the boys had a crack and generally played well. We might get a couple back this week. Watson played well for Rochester. We got rolled by 21 goals down there last time so we are closing the gap.

Very young group of boys, its great to see...Hopefully Al Evans is better at footy than he is cricket...jj Al ;)

Good to see captain Poffa leading the way, thanks Ringo...David Ismail if I recall would be very similar to David Rodan, now he has grown up...good stuff

Cheers
If I remember correctly, the Echuca versus Rochester game featured prominently on the back page of both Friday and Monday's editions of the Riv. Friday's preview and Monday's match report both seemed pretty comprehensive. What was wrong with it ECHUCABOY?

If I remember correctly, the Echuca versus Rochester game featured prominently on the back page of both Friday and Monday's editions of the Riv. Friday's preview and Monday's match report both seemed pretty comprehensive. What was wrong with it ECHUCABOY?

Well im only going on Internet Riv....the Riv is the worst regional newspaper in the southern hemisphere...For starters they haven't included the Football scores and best players for any league around Echuca/Moama.

The match report gave me no idea of the game or who played well for Echuca or Rochy at all. There were a few mentions of when blokes kicked goals, but not who was playing well or doing good things. No idea of the key match ups on the day, nothing about a few skirmishes, nothing about the teams best players on the day....and can I finish with the opening quote from the match review probably some half pissed Rochy fan...more than like Bluey!

"I thought Echuca were going to be really bad thiss year, but they don't look too bad at all." As if I care what some pissed bloke thinks about the game....give me somthing Riverine Herald!!!!!!!

Now if thats comprehensive I cant comprehend what you would think constititues a match report being comprehensive

Well im only going on Internet Riv....the Riv is the worst regional newspaper in the southern hemisphere...For starters they haven't included the Football scores and best players for any league around Echuca/Moama.

The match report gave me no idea of the game or who played well for Echuca or Rochy at all. There were a few mentions of when blokes kicked goals, but not who was playing well or doing good things. No idea of the key match ups on the day, nothing about a few skirmishes, nothing about the teams best players on the day....and can I finish with the opening quote from the match review probably some half pissed Rochy fan...more than like Bluey!

"I thought Echuca were going to be really bad thiss year, but they don't look too bad at all." As if I care what some pissed bloke thinks about the game....give me somthing Riverine Herald!!!!!!!

Now if thats comprehensive I cant comprehend what you would think constititues a match report being comprehensive
Fair call, you make some good points. As for "they haven't included the Football scores and best players for any league around Echuca/Moama", I don't know about the website but the scoreboards were definitely in the paper.
Perhaps you could shoot them an email and let them know your feedback. They can't fix something if they don't know they're doing something wrong. You seem like you're pretty switched on, lend them a hand!

Fair call, you make some good points. As for "they haven't included the Football scores and best players for any league around Echuca/Moama", I don't know about the website but the scoreboards were definitely in the paper.
Perhaps you could shoot them an email and let them know your feedback. They can't fix something if they don't know they're doing something wrong. You seem like you're pretty switched on, lend them a hand!

Already on it mate...haha had to do the same with the cricket scores because they kept leaving them off during the year....mmmmm the riv:(

At least they went for the right bloke to give them a quote. And Bluey is 15% more creditable as he speaks out of the side of his mouth.

Should have followed up with Dave Smith and then finished of with Vinnie Cavallaro. Could have been a ground breaking interview.
Especially if they can decipher what has actually been said.

I was officiating In The Rochester, Echuca game and from what i saw Echuca just ran out of Fresh Legs and Rochester players seem to keep themselves going.

Likely Premiers.

yes, who would have thought that Ky and Tat would be undefeated on top with big %.

Doesn't seem to be any talk about either of these teams, because they are not the Seymours or Rochies, are they just looked at minor annoyances at this stage.

Both teams seem to have recruited very well, especially with Ky. Each game they seem to pick up another very good footballer with Beattie last week, definitely another top rate onballer. Withers and Atkins dominated the centres with Edwards and Linton getting everything they missed, feeding Newman and the other forwards continually. Nothing much could be said about Euroa other than their second half was better than their first, but Ky still kicked 14 goals in that half.

At night at Ky, should be a big crowd watching the game. Where will it be won, what are each teams stengths, who are the players in each team to watch?

Kyabram made the finals last year and were probably expected to make it again this year. They seem to be stronger and knocking off Seymour in the opening round was a great result for them. They are a pretty young team, so their real test will be when they play teams with older, harder bodies. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain their form over the whole year.

Tatura were always going to improve from last year, given their many good recruits. Admittedly, they have only played United and Benalla (two expected strugglers), so it's a bit hard to gauge them just yet. Nevertheless, they should be challenging for a finals spot.

Should be a good game on Saturday night between Tat and Ky. Will be a good indication on how much Tat have improved and how Ky's kids have come on.
Ky look to have the edge in the midfield but Tat's trump card this year will be the fact they have possibly the two best ruckmen in the league. If Ky can contain the influence of these two they should win. If they cant than they could be the difference.

Might be a bit of added spice in the United-Shepparton game this Saturday. Apparently last weekend the United senior coach decked a Shepp ressies player in one of the local taverns.

Could get rough. Take precautions people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back