Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a bit of added spice in the United-Shepparton game this Saturday. Apparently last weekend the United senior coach decked a Shepp ressies player in one of the local taverns.

Could get rough. Take precautions people.

Now that is interesting- perhaps they need to promote the Shepp reserves player to make things even spicier:)

Looks like the results around the onballers could be the big influence on the result of the Ky/Tat match.

Coventry has dominated all of the ruck contests so far for the bombers so will be a big test for him against the Tat rucks. Will have to do the bulk of the work but he got good support last week against Euroa. He looks the real deal as he does a lot of the work all over the ground and runs all day.

Ky should have a big list to choose from this week so they will definitely push the top team. Sholud be a close one withe the home team winning.

Looks like a few good games this week, especially Echuca at home to Mansfield. Could show where both are at even at this early stage. Echuca have had a hard draw so far and this isn't any easier but they need to get a win on the board soon, especially as they have Seymour away next week. Might have to ait a couple of more games.

Shep Swans at home to Rochie looks the next best of the games, but they will be up against from the start. They have started the year OK and will need to be competitive against Rochie to show they will be in the top half of the teams. Rochie to stay undefeated.

Might be a bit of added spice in the United-Shepparton game this Saturday. Apparently last weekend the United senior coach decked a Shepp ressies player in one of the local taverns.

I've heard some of the shepp boys talking about the situation and i gather that there will probably be words said atleast.

If this is true not a very good example being set by the senior coach, im sure in many teams if a player was to get upto this type of mischief then there would be some disciplinary action taken by the club or a good speaking to given to them by the senior coach, should we be expecting any less though it is shepp united we are talking about.
Will definately have to go down for a look at this one just adds to the rivalry of the 2 teams.

If this is true not a very good example being set by the senior coach, im sure in many teams if a player was to get upto this type of mischief then there would be some disciplinary action taken by the club or a good speaking to given to them by the senior coach, should we be expecting any less though it is shepp united we are talking about.
Will definately have to go down for a look at this one just adds to the rivalry of the 2 teams.
is this the same bloke who took his team too multiple flags in the murray league?

We don't know the circumstances behind it - he might have been sticking up for a bloke on his team or maybe the shepp bloke deserved it.

I doubt he'll be having any sleepless night worrying about getting hit on the ground. Sounds like he's promoted the game better than any advertising campaign

We don't know the circumstances behind it - he might have been sticking up for a bloke on his team or maybe the shepp bloke deserved it.

I doubt he'll be having any sleepless night worrying about getting hit on the ground. Sounds like he's promoted the game better than any advertising campaign

What a load of B#LLSHIT journeyman,we dont know the circumstances behind it,I have been lucky to play under 3 great coaches in my time[ Keith Burns, Mark Williams and Steve Daniel ] and under no circumstances would any of them behave in such an unprofessional manner like what has supposed to of happened last week.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

What a load of B#LLSHIT journeyman,we dont know the circumstances behind it,I have been lucky to play under 3 great coaches in my time[ Keith Burns, Mark Williams and Steve Daniel ] and under no circumstances would any of them behave in such an unprofessional manner like what has supposed to of happened last week.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Keith Burns,was he Collingwood u19 and Northern Knights coach?

atleast we now know why the united coach wanted players like freer and maccluskey(they have alot in common):thumbsdown:
My legal advice to you at no charge is be very carefull about who you name and in what context you name them. This is very dangerous ground for people to be making inferences about others characters.

My legal advice to you at no charge is be very carefull about who you name and in what context you name them. This is very dangerous ground for people to be making inferences about others characters.

Bloody lawyers, they are everywhere looking to drum up a bit of business!! Fair point though.
I am sure nothing will occur tomorrow short of people threatening to flog someone else with a wet lettuce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he's promoted the game better than any advertising campaign

Well done Hap! On the promotion of the game of course. I'll be there after Tally V Undera. Who's home game is it?
I'm sure a few Nathalia boys will be there to watch Hap & Rizza Vs Bones & Johnnie W. Shame the teams aren't a bit more evenly matched.

I was officiating In The Rochester, Echuca game and from what i saw Echuca just ran out of Fresh Legs and Rochester players seem to keep themselves going.

Likely Premiers.

didn't c the game but pretty sure for the past 2 weeks the young echuca side has got off lightly. Any side that is willing to conceed 40 scoring opportunities can't b travelling as well as the score board is suggesting. Great to see the 'mud flap' president in the weekender this weekend suggesting that he is the savior of the club and that things are travelling swimmingly... as long as they are on his terms... interesting that a club can appoint a president that not only runs the committee and football department but can also have a strong influence over the playing list, he waits for some of the best players in the GV to walk out his door and struggles to get a 2's side before hunting for players... interesting call for a side that wasn't far away last year?

Tell you what the circumstances were Journey, the bastard king hit the other poor bugger outside after a few words had been exchanged inside the Yahoo bar regarding some questionable actions being undertaken by the coach in spotlight. Rather than promotion, he has brought the game into disrepute.............. AGAIN! If these are the standard of leaders we have around the place (and hopefully I'm speaking of a minority) then our great game is in serious danger of becoming a laughing stock and an environment parents won't want their children to be involved with! It's funny how if you let the minority have their way, then the whole cart gets upset!!!! Good luck in trying to fix it!:thumbsdown:

Tell you what the circumstances were Journey, the bastard king hit the other poor bugger outside after a few words had been exchanged inside the Yahoo bar regarding some questionable actions being undertaken by the coach in spotlight. Rather than promotion, he has brought the game into disrepute.............. AGAIN! If these are the standard of leaders we have around the place (and hopefully I'm speaking of a minority) then our great game is in serious danger of becoming a laughing stock and an environment parents won't want their children to be involved with! It's funny how if you let the minority have their way, then the whole cart gets upset!!!! Good luck in trying to fix it!:thumbsdown:

How do you know about all this Jonno? Some serious accusations being made there. What's your source? Has he done a Wayne Carey or a Brett Stewart or even a Boris the Chicken act? What are you saying?

Who was the bears player in question, a Glenn Archer or even an Anthony Stevens? Was he a copper inforcing the law? Just what are you saying while you're dragging a bloke through the mud?

Can you enlighten us or are you going to just dance around it as you bag a bloke out?

Just what did happen then?

How do you know about all this Jonno? Some serious accusations being made there. What's your source? Has he done a Wayne Carey or a Brett Stewart or even a Boris the Chicken act? What are you saying?

Who was the bears player in question, a Glenn Archer or even an Anthony Stevens? Was he a copper inforcing the law? Just what are you saying while you're dragging a bloke through the mud?

Can you enlighten us or are you going to just dance around it as you bag a bloke out?

Just what did happen then?
Who cares! More importantly who knows what were the results of todays matches?

Who cares! More importantly who knows what were the results of todays matches?

Mansfield defeated Echuca by 37 points. 14-12-96 to 8-11-59. Scoring opportunities similar but Mansfields link and quick movement were very impressive. Neither Sheean or Mensh had an impact. Ben Millott and Ross Hopkins were excellent for Mansfield. Back to thedrawing board and Seymour at King's Park

Seymour smashed Euroa by about 80 or 90 points I think. Saad 6. 3rds game called off due to the severe weather at half time

Should be a good game on Saturday night between Tat and Ky. Will be a good indication on how much Tat have improved and how Ky's kids have come on.
Ky look to have the edge in the midfield but Tat's trump card this year will be the fact they have possibly the two best ruckmen in the league. If Ky can contain the influence of these two they should win. If they cant than they could be the difference.

in unbelievable conditions, thought that Tats rucks, as above, were the difference in the end, especially with their big bodies in the last quarter. Kept pushing through the heavy conditions and were able to get the ball out down forward.

When Ky got 5 points up in the last quarter, looked nearly over but huge effort from Tat to kick last 3 goals to run over the top. Ky dropped off concentration in the end and didn't play the game out, but great effort from both teams on the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back