Oppo Camp Graham Wright (Once loved, now loathed).

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest impediment to Carlton achieving on-field success in my opinion is their faith in Voss.

Melbourne and their faith in Goodwin is a similar story. Both teams play a stoppage-heavy, contested style of game which relies on their forwards being able to generate scores.

They're both consistent teams who have had relative success due to the quality on their respective lists. It feels to me that both teams would be more effective if they employed a coach who was willing to come in and release the handbrake a little.
No idea!

The biggest impediment to Carlton achieving on-field success in my opinion is their faith in Voss.

Melbourne and their faith in Goodwin is a similar story. Both teams play a stoppage-heavy, contested style of game which relies on their forwards being able to generate scores.

They're both consistent teams who have had relative success due to the quality on their respective lists. It feels to me that both teams would be more effective if they employed a coach who was willing to come in and release the handbrake a little.
Long may it continue

The guy has intricate knowledge of the workings of Collingwood during the 22/23 successful era
CEO like Wright will be completely hands on with footy department also and I think it’s naive to think otherwise
Collingwood benefitted from Hawthorn and Richmond IP.
Wright, Fly and others.
It's naive to think this does not go on.
Fact is a soon as you play a side you expose your IP

Yeah their overall mindset and application that not even the expertise of Cook has been able to mollify

Yeah their overall mindset and application that not even the expertise of Cook has been able to mollify
They seem to have calmed some of their off-field issues under Cook, with Mathieson’s proxy leaving the Board and a period of relative stability.

Commercially they seem to be in decent shape and in terms of their list, many of their better players have been signed to long term deals.

Presumably the stability extends in their view to Voss, however if they fail to meet expectations next season you’d think that some more pointed questions will start to be asked of the coaching staff.

They seem to have calmed some of their off-field issues under Cook, with Mathieson’s proxy leaving the Board and a period of relative stability.

Commercially they seem to be in decent shape and in terms of their list, many of their better players have been signed to long term deals.

Presumably the stability extends in their view to Voss, however if they fail to meet expectations next season you’d think that some more pointed questions will start to be asked of the coaching staff.
They will be fine. Another June flag beckons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Graham Wright (Once loved, now loathed).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back