Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon my ignorance but what does the Footy Boss do and who does he replace?
Responsibilities include:
keeping the peace
listening to everyone
double checking salary cap spreadsheets
telling president to mind his own business
keeping egos in check
monitoring players' twitter accounts
keeping game plan simple
etc etc

Replacing Geoff Walsh. As to what he does? A fair amount. I'm not totally sure the details.
All of the football dept effectively report into him. All the coaches, list management, fitness, medical, performance and recruiting teams. So he assesses Bucks performance, tenure and strategies... which he should also help Set. Along with whether Ned is right for job, and oversee all of his ongoing trade, list balance and player contract approvals and strategies. Plus the player fitness, health, and management plans and practices. Big job - yes, and the perfect person for it I reckon.
For years I - and I’m sure others - have sat back in frustration as we brought in muppets like Gubby, who delivered players like Wells on long term contracts, and Walsh - who no doubt has his qualities, but obv has no idea how to supervise a TPP spreadsheet, or list balance decisions.
Meanwhile over at Hawthron, one of our very own had been making excellent decisions for a long time, to help build the playing list to deliver multiple flags.
Shaun Burgoyne stands out as even at the time... how did they manage to pinch him so cheaply, and why didn’t we seize the opportunity. He was always class, and a bargain. Likewise Tom Mitchell, and O’Meara, and Henderson, and burton.... etc. just a v smart operator, with loads of experience now, and you’d expect / hope football boss is the perfect role for him, that he’s been ready for for along time now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Responsibilities include:
keeping the peace
listening to everyone
double checking salary cap spreadsheets
telling president to mind his own business
keeping egos in check
monitoring players' twitter accounts
keeping game plan simple
etc etc
Don’t forget the weekly Injury Report

All of the football dept effectively report into him. All the coaches, list management, fitness, medical, performance and recruiting teams. So he assesses Bucks performance, tenure and strategies... which he should also help Set. Along with whether Ned is right for job, and oversee all of his ongoing trade, list balance and player contract approvals and strategies. Plus the player fitness, health, and management plans and practices. Big job - yes, and the perfect person for it I reckon.
For years I - and I’m sure others - have sat back in frustration as we brought in muppets like Gubby, who delivered players like Wells on long term contracts, and Walsh - who no doubt has his qualities, but obv has no idea how to supervise a TPP spreadsheet, or list balance decisions.
Meanwhile over at Hawthron, one of our very own had been making excellent decisions for a long time, to help build the playing list to deliver multiple flags.
Shaun Burgoyne stands out as even at the time... how did they manage to pinch him so cheaply, and why didn’t we seize the opportunity. He was always class, and a bargain. Likewise Tom Mitchell, and O’Meara, and Henderson, and burton.... etc. just a v smart operator, with loads of experience now, and you’d expect / hope football boss is the perfect role for him, that he’s been ready for for along time now

Can’t knock the results but all teams make poor decisions as well. Vickery and Patton come immediately to mind, though cost not that great.

‘certainly not in the Beams, Treloar, Stephenson level debacles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back