Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

100%! I cannot fathom how people are so forgiving.
You allow a major leader in the business to just take off for the year,
Destabilising the whole coaching hierarchy, and it’s ok?
How many other professional organisations would this happen in?
Sabbaticals for partners are commonplace across professional services organisations.

From the club statement, it sounds like it's effective immediately.

For all we know it was effective some time ago. All we know for sure is that (1) it’s being announced today and (2) historically the club don’t necessarily announce things when they happen.

Our Premiership campaign is now effectively over. Maybe the comms folks decided now was as good a time as any to announce it?

Supporters aren’t owed continuous disclosure on career options being considered by execs or footballers

If you sit on corporate boards, c-level execs often have confidential conversations with you as they contemplate what next

Nothing is served by a public running commentary

It would merely give you less options to retain high quality people as they would confide in others outside the board
Maybe we need a weekly staff update from Ned like Wade's Injury Report.

"Bit suss on Lexi in accounts. Has had two unexplained sick days in the last fortnight and has noticeably improved her outfits on certain days. Think she might be interviewing externally."

Maybe we need a weekly staff update from Ned like Wade's Injury Report.

"Bit suss on Lexi in accounts. Has had two unexplained sick days in the last fortnight and has noticeably improved her outfits on certain days. Think she might be interviewing externally."
I reckon we can expect that once Lexi steps into replace GW, but while she’s in AP I think mushrooms like yourself can stay in the dark.

100%! I cannot fathom how people are so forgiving.
You allow a major leader in the business to just take off for the year,
Destabilising the whole coaching hierarchy, and it’s ok?
How many other professional organisations would this happen in?

Many.

Sabbaticals are a thing, and in some industries a very common thing (such as academia)

It’s a way of providing high performing talent with an opportunity to take a break and refresh without having to resign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to bring back Nick Maxwell

What does a head of football do?

What skillset do they need to successfully fill their role?

Unlikely “name recognition” would be amongst them.

Should I gloat by saying I told you so from the moment this was announced?

I'm far too humble to do that. :p

It was BS from the start and he was never coming back.

Anyway, the club has known for ages and hopefully the replacement will be better.

Wrighty was great for the club and I wish him all the best. It wasn't his fault we weren't told the truth.

Anyway, the club has known for ages and hopefully the replacement will be better.

Wrighty was great for the club and I wish him all the best. It wasn't his fault we weren't told the truth.
I disagree on the "BS from the start" part. It seems entirely reasonable for the club to have said, "take the sabbatical, and if on your return you are still of the mind to resign, so be it". They were just leaving the door open for a return.

And maybe the AFL Tas job has surfaced in the meantime. Maybe your mate was bought off by the suits at head office?

What a surprise.

A big and sad loss for the club imo. Was one of my favorites as a player and really wanted him to return to the club earlier.

Now I am a bit concerned in respect of our end of year recruitment of players. One of the strengths of right is that he is relationship builder when it comes to long term targets. In his absence who was nurturing potential relationships with future targets?

I disagree on the "BS from the start" part. It seems entirely reasonable for the club to have said, "take the sabbatical, and if on your return you are still of the mind to resign, so be it". They were just leaving the door open for a return.

And maybe the AFL Tas job has surfaced in the meantime. Maybe your mate was bought off by the suits at head office?
Well, the bingo at Del Bocca Vista can get pretty high stakes!

A man needs his bank roll.

Wrighty has always been fond of Tassie - just loves the look of the place.

You finally got a prediction Wright

You big dickhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back