Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

They're diagnosed as having a disorder. Yeah, not everyone has an autism spectrum disorder. It'd be a pretty meaningless term if that was the case. But we are all on a spectrum for each of the autistic traits.
You should do some reading on this.

You should do some reading on this.
I have.

I don't really care about the categorisation of ASD or not. It's the traits that we work with and accomodate for. So if someone has traits but falls just below the cut offs based on a very imprecise measurement or someone has traits and just scrapes into the cut offs - who cares whether it's an official diagnosis as being ASD or less decicive and describes the kid as having tendencies. The reality is that an ASD diagnosis isn't an objectively measured thing, it comes from subjective opinion of behaviour and some scrape in or scrape out based on those subjective judgements of severity of behaviour.al traits.

Last edited:
I have.

I don't really care about the categorisation of ASD or not. It's the traits that we work with and accomodate for. So if someone has traits but falls just below the cut offs based on a very imprecise measurement or someone has traits and just scrapes into the cut offs - who cares whether it's an official diagnosis as being ASD or less decicive and describes the kid as having tendencies. The reality is that an ASD diagnosis isn't an objectively measured thing, it comes from subjective opinion of behaviour and some scrape in or scrape out based on those subjective judgements of severity of behaviour.al traits.
ATM, more are being scraped out due to cut backs from the NDIS. Unfortunately, money has become more important than support. Trust me fonz, I've been in social work for 30 years and the NDIS is rapidly becoming a profit organisation. It's shameful in the real world. If they don't have a good advocate, they miss out

I have.

I get what you are saying, and apologies if I was being a bit arrogant. My original point was that it bugs me when people say we are all on the spectrum in relation to ASD. It is an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I like to follow routines, I am not autistic.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there.

Someone from within club has stated Wright left because Kelly was trying to stand over all his decision making
If this is true then sack Kelly at once, Wright arriving was the start of something good and Wright leaving has been part of us falling out of the 8.

Both Wright and Kelly have reputations as being a "man's man" which is usually code for arseh*le.

Wright hasn't been involved with any scandals AFAIK. Kelly has got one up within a year. We don't need arseh*le aggro, we have decent quiet president, a decent nice coach, and an on field reputation for fair play.

Mark against Kelly already, I would not cut him any slack at all.

ATM, more are being scraped out due to cut backs from the NDIS. Unfortunately, money has become more important than support. Trust me fonz, I've been in social work for 30 years and the NDIS is rapidly becoming a profit organisation. It's shameful in the real world. If they don't have a good advocate, they miss out

At a school level, for borderline cases - for both ADHD and ASD - it all occurs before government NDIS involvement but also often for financial reasons. The school or parents impute an issue. Then the parents decide whether they're willing to shell out the $2000 to get a diagnosis. Sometimes they don't for financial reasons or because they view it as a stigma and don't want their kid being categorised. Sometimes they do because they want their kid to get the extra assistance or understanding of how they function to better manage. And if they do get an assessment, some psychology firms will hand out diagnosises easily, because they're commercial practices and those getting their kid assessed usually do want a diagnosis rather than an inconclusive assessment. The kid wouldn't be getting assessed if they had no traits whereby the psychologist could state - no ASD or ADHD tendencies.

Low socio-economic schools have lots of imputed cases without a diagnosis.

Last edited:
At a school level, for borderline cases - for both ADHD and ASD - it all occurs before government NDIS involvement but also often for financial reasons. The school or parents impute an issue. Then the parents decide whether they're willing to shell out the $2000 to get a diagnosis. Sometimes they don't for financial reasons or because they view it as a stigma and don't want their kid being categorised. Sometimes they do because they want their kid to get the extra assistance or understanding of how they function to better manage that goes with it. And if they do get an assessment, some psychology firms will hand out diagnosises easily, because they're commercial practices and those getting their kid assessed usually do want a diagnosis rather than an inconclusive assessment, as the kid wouldn't be getting assessed if they had no traits whereby the psychologist could state - no ASD or ADHD tendencies.

Low socio-economic schools have lots of imputed cases without a diagnosis.
You have summed it up perfectly. That's exactly what's happening atm.

I get what you are saying, and apologies if I was being a bit arrogant. My original point was that it bugs me when people say we are all on the spectrum in relation to ASD. It is an Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I like to follow routines, I am not autistic.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there.

that must be just your feminine side, jmac....i wouldnt worry about your need to clean the house twice a day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are either diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum or not.
This is getting way off topic.
Nobody suggested anybody had autism.
We were discussing whether or not Kelly or others had their decision making acumen affected by narcissistic traits. This is not the same as accusing anyone of having a personality disorder. Nor is it any attempt to diagnose anybody's mental condition. It's just a comment or observation about displaying certain personality traits. We all watched Eddie, for example and many people without psychiatric qualifications concluded quite reasonably that he was egotistical. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. Nobody proclaimed they had diagnosed his condition as some sort of personality disorder. We just observed his behaviour and the traits he displayed. Similarly with Ned, he comes across to some people as narcissistic, and therefore in their opinion is labelled a narcissist. Nobody proclaimed to have diagnosed him as having a personality order. Whether he does or does not is irrelevant. It's a footy forum FFS. Stop trying to score points by gaslighting others.

We were discussing whether or not Kelly or others had their decision making acumen affected by narcissistic traits. This is not the same as accusing anyone of having a personality disorder. Nor is it any attempt to diagnose anybody's mental condition. It's just a comment or observation about displaying certain personality traits. We all watched Eddie, for example and many people without psychiatric qualifications concluded quite reasonably that he was egotistical. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. Nobody proclaimed they had diagnosed his condition as some sort of personality disorder. We just observed his behaviour and the traits he displayed. Similarly with Ned, he comes across to some people as narcissistic, and therefore in their opinion is labelled a narcissist. Nobody proclaimed to have diagnosed him as having a personality order. Whether he does or does not is irrelevant. It's a footy forum FFS. Stop trying to score points by gaslighting others.
I stopped reading at “off topic.”

we shouldnt use gaslighters around autistic people...

I think they are acoustic

giphy.gif

we shouldnt use gaslighters around autistic people...
We are rather apt to burst into flames under those circumstances (said as someone with an ASD - what used to be known as Asperger's Syndrome before it was absorbed into the umbrella in the DSM-IV).

We are rather apt to burst into flames under those circumstances (said as someone with an ASD - what used to be known as Asperger's Syndrome before it was absorbed into the umbrella in the DSM-IV).
Increased flammability is an under reported part of the condiiton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back