Grand Final 2002

Remove this Banner Ad

LionsForever

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2002
Well, the finals are approaching who do you think will be in the Final Top 8 and what are your predicitions on the Grand Final!?

My Tip: Canterbruy Bulldogs v Brisbane Broncos who are currently 1st and 2nd.
Replay of the 1998 GF would be sweet.
(Most Important of them all)

In the AFL Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide Power

I absolutely hate St.George Illawarra Dragons, I don't think they have a chance of the Top 8 they've got a pretty tough run home into the finals, although they have a pretty good team, Parra Scum Eels will just hang on and Melbourne Storm will wrap the Top 8 up.

Originally posted by LionsForever
I absolutely hate St.George Illawarra Dragons, I don't think they have a chance of the Top 8 they've got a pretty tough run home into the finals, although they have a pretty good team, Parra Scum Eels will just hang on and Melbourne Storm will wrap the Top 8 up.

I agree. It WILL be a Broncos Vs. Bulldogs G/F with the Broncos coming out on top again.
St George wont be there cause as my little mate Alfie said after the '92 & '93 G/F's "Saints can't play"

dragons have a hard draw?
they play the Knights twice who are out of sorts
Eagles = Win
Souths = Win
Bye = Win
Roosters will be a win, i dont consider them a serious threat

Re: Re: Re: Grand Final 2002

What do you mean by that :)

Canterbury-Bankstown/Brisbane Grand Final in the NRL (current league position ... 1 and 2 respectively)

Brisbane/Port Adelaide Grand Final in the AFL (current league position ... 1 and 2 respectively)

You're really taking a punt there ....

... its called ... sarcasm

Eagles will not lose a game for the year, finish seventh, then go on to destroy everything in their path, win the next eight grand finals in a row, and create Rugby League history...

Originally posted by ozcoltsfan

Roosters will be a win, i dont consider them a serious threat

youve gotta be joking mate, i think that we'll take great pleasure when we crush you on our way to the GF. for the record im really goin out on a limb and tipping a Roosters V Bulldogs GF.....its OUR year this year

2002 - Year of the Rooster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the Bulldogs will be there, as for the other team i'm not too sure. It could come from a few teams, but the Broncos were damn well impressive today against the Storm.....Cronulla are a dark horse to be there...

Well I still think the 2 toughest competitors in the comp are Brisbane and Canterbury and they'll come together in the big one.

Ms.Storm, wouldn't you like a Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons or a Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm Grand Final ;) at least no Sydney teams.

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
For me it will be out of 3 teams :

Warriors
Bulldogs
Broncos

Yes, and you could possibly add the Sharks in there aswell.
Can someone please help me out here with the Finals series?

Is it still 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5?
Is it possible for the Warriors to host a home game in the Preliminary final? The Warriors have been a stand-out team this season, especially at home. It's hard to see the Bulldogs losing a game with the form they're in.

Both in beautiful Brisbane :D

It will never happen with either the NRL or AFL grand Finals. The NRL has contracts to play GF’s @ Stadium Australia and I’m sure the AFL is contracted to the MCG for another squillion years for their GF’s.

I would love nothing more than to see a non NSW NRL and a non Vic. AFL Grand Final

Go the Broncs.

This is how the McIntyre Finals System works:

Week One: Quarter Finals
4 v 5
3 v 6
2 v 7
1 v 8

Week Two: Semi-Finals
3rd highest ranked winner v 1st highest ranked loser
4th highest ranked winner v 2nd highest ranked loser

Week Three: Preliminary Finals
2nd highest ranked winner v 1st S/F winner
1st highest ranked winner v 2nd S/F winner

Week Four: Grand Final
1st P/F winner v 2nd P/F winner

There's a great finals predictor at OzLeague.com, so go there if you're still confused.

And this is my predicted Grand Final:

Cronulla v Newcastle

Clive Churchill Medallist: Chris McKenna
Premiers: Cronulla
Final Score: 24-18

Latrobe

Originally posted by Latrobe
And this is my predicted Grand Final:

Cronulla v Newcastle

Clive Churchill Medallist: Chris McKenna
Premiers: Cronulla
Final Score: 24-18

Thanks for the above info on the G/F,,,,,,wasn't it the one the afl used 2 years ago?

Latrobe,
Quote: *Cronulla to win EVERYTHING* he he he.....not that you are biased one little bit, hey?;)

Is Chris McKenna still going to play in England next year and for what team, pls......or has this fallen thru?

Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final 2002

Remove this Banner Ad

Back