NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats fair. I dont really have any bias, i dont support either team.

I struggle to understand anyone saying that from the angles weve seen they can definitely say he didnt get the ball down (opposed to what your saying here that there is doubt about whether he got it down).

I think the first angle looks very clear it gets down which is really why it being such a short review and the bunker noting they saw it held up (not inconclusive) is bizarre to me.
This is ridiculous.

There is footage showing it clearly does not get down. Saying the first angle shows it clearly gets down is categorically wrong.

Clearly No Try.

Can you explain to me the rule, clearly on that angle the nose of the ball hits the grass while the middle of the ball is held up by the arm, I thought it was a try but if you can explain to me me why that would be good?

Can you explain to me the rule, clearly on that angle the nose of the ball hits the grass while the middle of the ball is held up by the arm, I thought it was a try but if you can explain to me me why that would be good?

This shows it does not hit the ground.

No other angle can clearly show it in contact, nose or middle of the ball when it doesn't touch the ground.

I don't think it's totally clear in that clip. I'd probably have to watch it in 4k.

I think you just have to move on and accept the better side won.

95uzaj.jpg

I don't think it's totally clear in that clip. I'd probably have to watch it in 4k.

I think you just have to move on and accept the better side won.

I think the better side won, they came in with a clear game plan and executed it perfectly.

But I think a clear explanation for this try and the opening Penrith try and where it was grounded are needed, the Bunker is there for a reason, explain what happened.

This shows it does not hit the ground.

No other angle can clearly show it in contact, nose or middle of the ball when it doesn't touch the ground.

In my opinion the nose of the ball clearly hits the ground here.

Is there a reason this doesn't get counted?

This is ridiculous.

There is footage showing it clearly does not get down. Saying the first angle shows it clearly gets down is categorically wrong.
Comprehension not great. Ill lay it out again for you.

"I think the first angle looks very clear it gets down"

See the important bit in there. "i think".

Ill state it again.

No try because of inconclusive evidence is completely fair. I THINK it looks clear the ball gets grounded.

I also think that subjectively its not definitive that it gets down or doesnt.

You saying there is footage showing it clearly does not get down is bullshit. Where is it? Weve heard about this phantom angle but still havent seen it.

Comprehension not great. Ill lay it out again for you.

"I think the first angle looks very clear it gets down"

See the important bit in there. "i think".

Ill state it again.

No try because of inconclusive evidence is completely fair. I THINK it looks clear the ball gets grounded.

I also think that subjectively its not definitive that it gets down or doesnt.

You saying there is footage showing it clearly does not get down is bullshit. Where is it? Weve heard about this phantom angle but still havent seen it.

Phantom angle”

That is you

This might be the phantom angle.its his pasty white arm under the ball. No try is the right decision.

Inconclusive no try is the right call on that second angle but i still dont think its absolutely definitive he doesnt get the ball down.

His arm isnt the same width as the ball (length or width) so theres still a big bloody section of the ball that isnt UNDER his arm. Now that doesnt mean he gets it down, it could still be up off the ground but it doesnt prohibit the ball getting to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inconclusive no try is the right call on that second angle but i still dont think its absolutely definitive he doesnt get the ball down.

His arm isnt the same width as the ball (length or width) so theres still a big bloody section of the ball that isnt UNDER his arm. Now that doesnt mean he gets it down, it could still be up off the ground but it doesnt prohibit the ball getting to the ground.
I can see his arm under the ball both angles and a gap between what we can see of the ball and the ground. Thats enough.

You dont need to split hairs more than that, its more than enough evidence to call no try for every game of the year.

You were beaten by a better side.

I can see his arm under the ball both angles and a gap between what we can see of the ball and the ground. Thats enough.

You dont need to split hairs more than that, its more than enough evidence to call no try for every game of the year.

You were beaten by a better side.

The last line of your post is irrelevant to whether it was a Try or not

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back