Preview Grand Final 2019 - Who will win?

Who will win?

• Richmond

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond should win comfortably given their injury free status. Graham and Broad are both set to play according to media reports. The Giants have played in some bruising encounters. I think it will be tough and tight for two and half quarters before the Tigers run and carry creates a gap and the Giants either fold and let the inevitable happen or fight hard and lose by three or four goals. I hope I'm wrong.

Had a couple of richmond supporters next to me on saturday. In the third quarter I was considering throwing them over the balcony. The snide remarks and arrogance...

For this, and for the many other w***ers that support richmond, Go GWS. I will be there, and I will cheer (rather begrudgingly) for you. At least they've earned their way the hard way into this final. They've had a lot go wrong, and still they are there. Mind you, Id be happy to see Toby Greene actually get his comeuppance. Grub.

I said to a mate last week that I didn't fear the tigers but feared GWS. I've been proven half right at least.
I think Richmond have caught a fairly fortunate wave and ridden it largely unchallenged through the back half of the year. they may be cherry ripe for a fall.
I love Dusty Martin - he's everything a champion player should be. I hate Toby Greene and Trent Cotchin for all the obvious reasons. I reckon Phil Davis is a damn fine leader. Jeremy Cameron and Tom Lynch cancel each other out in the arrogant God's gift way that they act. Keefe and Shaw still have a connection to us.
I don't really care. I think I'll do some gardening but I suspect that the Giants may be better than anybody realises and the tigers may be much more gettable than the myopic groupthink legions of the media would have you believe.
I think the Giants may surprise and I think on balance all things being equal, I'll be OK with that right up until they put the medal around Toby's neck. Then....I'll in all likelihood do a Terry Wallace

I think GWS win and win well. It's their time now.

The win on Saturday will go down as the making of the club really. Richmond have to many injury clouds heading in to a GF and on paper, GWS have way too much talent.

Teams that usually have runs in a finals series like the Giants have had go on to win. Their form during the season matters very little. Yes they were inconsistent but they did also have a lot of injuries that would have contributed to their inconsistent results. Talent wise, no one in the comp gets close to them and they will be close to their best on Saturday.

Giants by 28 points.

I don't care either way now...I'm off to Cactus for a week or so tomorrow....c'mon Huey...send em down mate!

The cheat Stevic is umpiring........…..I am putting money on GWS.
Add Ryan to the list. AFL doing its best for a GWS win.

I don't mind Razor, he is at least consistent and seems to have a good rapport with the players.

Add Ryan to the list. AFL doing its best for a GWS win.

I don't mind Razor, he is at least consistent and seems to have a good rapport with the players.
Agree 100% - although he fell for the trademark Danger forward pike and roll with a half twist. You'd think he'd have learned to spot that one by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer the tigers go down but not fussed interestingly I think I heard somewhere that it might be raining during the gf might be an advantage to GWS if correct

Rooting for Tigers to win the premiership is like rooting for Bombers or Blues. Tigers is second in line just behind those two teams as a "rival", their fans hate Pies and vice versa.... for generations. Tigers are the ugly step sister who wants to join her slightly less uglier siblings (Bombers and Blues) in getting a shot with the stud muffin (Magpies) haha

But seriously, go GWS.

Personally, only Victorian teams I respect or don't mind rooting for are Cats (been a champion team the last decade, minus 2011, hated that loss but Cats deserved it) and the Bulldogs, their 2016 first ever Premiership cup made me tear up, one of the best underdog seasons I've seen. Other than that, I would rather see an Interstate team like Eagles or Swans or even Brisbane win over the "big" Vic teams like Bombers, Blues and Tigers.

The thought of Richmond winning and the Cotch talking s**t about the universe.. man.. I would f do anything for a GWS win.. except go down f Brunswick st and eat an organic gluten-free flourless vegan carob cake with all those dirty hippy liberals.. that's a line I simply will not cross.

I have absolutely had it man.. that's it for me man. I'm f done.

Depends??

GWS , with the Mummy going out swinging..
A few here have stated Richmond’s lack of injuries is why they’ll win.
No injuries?
Well just wait til the game kicks off.
I think the Giants have had a gutful of losing finals and losing in Melbourne.
They are a tough, hard as nails team and don’t doubt their mental strength. Their last two finals are evidence of this.
They will do anything to win including going the knuckle when required this weekend.
Mummy will probably be charged with half a dozen counts of manslaughter by the end of the game.
Toby Greene will inspect more eyeballs than OPSM.
It would not surprise me if the Giants physically smash the Tigers.
The Giants are quite unique being able to thrive in trench warfare along with being laden with class.
I’m calling it. Giants by 28 points.

Last edited:
A Giants win please. Preferably by a lot. So much in fact that Richmond are severely traumatised and crawl back into their familiar old Cave of Mediocrity, slam shut the gate and dont remerge until about 2040.

[But I think Richmond will win]

A Giants win please. Preferably by a lot. So much in fact that Richmond are severely traumatised and crawl back into their familiar old Cave of Mediocrity, slam shut the gate and dont remerge until about 2040.

[But I think Richmond will win]
Careful what you wish for. In caging one monster you may be unleashing another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back