Preview Grand Final 2019 - Who will win?

Who will win?

• Richmond

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With minimal opposition today it's impossible too judge how we would have gone, but I really would have liked to have a crack at the flag against the tigs. With Lynch and Martin in ripping form and Rance their only injury of note undoubtably we would have been up against it, however the unknown is going to bug me.

Same here, I know we would have put up a better fight than GWS.

The level of sh*tness displayed by them today during the biggest game of the year was extraordinary. They were jumped early and went down without firing a shot. Woeful.

Last week's insipid display by us now leaves an even more bitter aftertaste.

You’re a are a joyless pessimist I think I get that.
You need to cheer up.
I am a realist.
You have your head buried in the sand.
People like you who just accept everything are the problem.
Unfortunately our club panders to apathetic people like you.
Easy to be happy when you are comfortable with failure.
You are comfortable with failure. I'm not.
You'r a loser. I'm a winner.
As a winner I want my club to have a winner mentality.
I want us to be more like the Hawthorn's. You are happy for our club to be like the Bulldogs or the Saints.
Newsflash for you sunshine. Being a person who just accepts everything and has an inability to be critical doesn't make you superior or a better supporter. It makes you the problem.
We could go another 30 years without a flag and you would be fine with it.

I am a realist.
I want us to be more like the Hawthorn's. You are happy for our club to be like the Bulldogs or the Saints.
Newsflash for you sunshine. Being a person who just accepts everything and has an inability to be critical doesn't make you superior or a better supporter. It makes you the problem.
C’mon Ottoman. The club is doing all they can to win a flag. How supporters view this has no influence on results.

I am so confused.
Apparently we’re not angry enough and that is why we have won 2 flags in 60 years. It’s fans like us who are the problem.

I wonder what my dear old dad would say.

Martin wins the norm smith, that’ll Do me. No way he was the best player on the ground

100% agree.

Pickett, Edwards and Prestia were the ones who lead from the front when the game was on on the first half. Martin got on the end of a lot of others work and some fortunate bounces fwd players slips/fumbles.

He had a good game but not his teams best.

Same here, I know we would have put up a better fight than GWS.

The level of sh*tness displayed by them today during the biggest game of the year was extraordinary. They were jumped early and went down without firing a shot. Woeful.

Last week's insipid display by us now leaves an even more bitter aftertaste.
My thoughts after last week were if we played well earlier in the prelim we win easily as GWS caved very meekly when we came hard at them in the last quarter. Yesterday's giant surrender reinforced that. Ideally we'd have had a crack at a red hot tigs off the back of a 40-60 point prelim win and carrying some nice momentum into the GF. Sadly our own ineptitude put paid to that. Even though tired legs would have been a hinderance I would have settled for pinching the prelim.

We only have ourselves to blame for not taking the luck out of the prelim. Another year of if only...

Let’s go back in time to last Saturday.
One minute to go and Howe drifts forward, takes a screamer and Collingwood are into the Grand Final.
Fast forward to 5pm today, Collingwood lose to Richmond by at least 4 goals.
We were not good enough this year.
Fast forward 12 months and we just might be.

Just as many teams fall away as go on to do greater things after losing GF then prelim. I would actually hazard a guess it's more common that teams tend to drop off after a few years of close but no cigar. Hopefully pies have another shake in them.

My thoughts after last week were if we played well earlier in the prelim we win easily as GWS caved very meekly when we came hard at them in the last quarter. Yesterday's giant surrender reinforced that. Ideally we'd have had a crack at a red hot tigs off the back of a 40-60 point prelim win and carrying some nice momentum into the GF. Sadly our own ineptitude put paid to that. Even though tired legs would have been a hinderance I would have settled for pinching the prelim.

We only have ourselves to blame for not taking the luck out of the prelim. Another year of if only...
Richmond would have defeated us comfortably.
Just as many teams fall away as go on to do greater things after losing GF then prelim. I would actually hazard a guess it's more common that teams tend to drop off after a few years of close but no cigar. Hopefully pies have another shake in them.
We can beat them next year, just need a better run with injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond would have defeated us comfortably.

We can beat them next year, just need a better run with injury.

Nothing's impossible jmac and if we can sort the injury out look to inject some pace across the board. Play less chippy slow style (which imo doesn't suit our list) find a consistently good KPF or 2 and tinker with the midfield mix we may go all the way.

I want to see us look to win games rather then save them which seemed to be our 2019 moto.

Angry about the prelim still? My blood pressure is too high to hang on to things like that.
Some people are angry about the result yesterday. I don’t understand why, other than hating Richmond.
They were clearly the best side over the last two months.

I am a realist.

So much personal stuff here - very regrettable, and unnecessary, which isn’t worthy of a response.

I seem to recall posting we would make Top 4 and you pulled me up several times saying it wasn’t possible. Telling me to go and do the ladder predictor to convince myself.

The rest is history.

You didn’t learn the lesson, that being positive has no downside.

G'day first time poster.

Let me just say..........wow so much angst and vitirol
Just an ordinary days posting. Should have been here a couple of years ago.

Maybe.
I think improvement in our midfield is more urgent. We are close, just need some consistency
Considerable improvement in Sire, hopefully Beamer, and a fit JDG will go a long way. Our midfield needs a better dynamic mix next year.

Richmond would have defeated us comfortably
Highly likely, but some chance is better than none on the last Saturday. The quarter of footy before the giant surrender wasn’t anything we hadn’t seen before.

Highly likely, but some chance is better than none on the last Saturday. The quarter of footy before the giant surrender wasn’t anything we hadn’t seen before.

Yeah better to be in there, no chance of a flag otherwise. Geelong will be feeling an opportunity slip as well, if they’d hung tough and rolled the Tigers last week they’d be premiers now. That’s how it works.

I reckon it will be a welcome change that we won't be the big dog in town next year and not the hunted. Richmond's luck with injuries will also come to an end next year IMO with sides being up for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back