AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going for either side. If Collingwood can't play in the GF, then seeing these 2 sides play off in the big dance warms my heart. Have token doggies supporters on one side of the family and a good mate who is a passionate Dees supporter.

If both sides bring the same form they both showed in the lead up then we should have a cracker of a match. Please umpires, don't get involved!! ... do the right thing in the spirit of the game and put the whistle around especially for those silly 50 metres pentalites when fatigued player just happens to be "too close" to the player with the ball. Just use common sense.

A winning kick after the siren please.

Last edited:
Feel like the Dees win, and would be alright with that because Daniher seeing one would be pretty special, but I can't help but harbour resentment the "Go Dees" culture
I'm with you on this 1000%. The underdog loving part of me wants to rise up and say "let em win one" ... and then my head steps in and says No f***ing way.... hate them almost more than the Bummers and Filth. Plus Ads (I don't think I even called him that when he played for us :)) is running around for the Doggies.

With Pies not there this was the matchup I wanted to see at the start of finals. Have Dogs supporting mates and family and Dees supporting family. Be great to see Adz win one and also Dees to win it for Neale and they do have the drought. I am tipping Dees in a nail biter.

Dees seem to be the favourite, but I cant help noticing they have quite a few very young players. I wonder if that will prove to be a vulnerability on the big stage. Every GF there are many decent players that totally go missing.

Want the Dees to win, but the pressure on them is enormous. I’ve not heard a single commentator pick the Dogs, and Bevo will get a lot of mileage out of that.

I hope the Dees don’t succumb to the hype. Plus one footy game in four weeks will not help.

Go the Dees but the Dogs are a big chance.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Great minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going with the Dees but this year it could go either way. I didn’t think the Bulldogs would get this far and would get knocked out by Brisbane, and then surely wouldn’t get over Port but they did. Has their luck run out and is it a bridge too far to expect a repeat of their 2016 fairytale? I’m inclined to think so, but when you factor in the Demons notorious propensity to choke in big games when it matters then it makes for a difficult prediction. Should make for an interesting game, hopefully it won’t be a one sided bore fest whichever way it goes.

I think the Dogs will be a great team. They are not near the peak, but will be over the next few years.

The Dees, on the other hand, are peaking now, they are ahead of the Dogs, and it’s their flag for the taking.

I’m going with the Dees but this year it could go either way. I didn’t think the Bulldogs would get this far and would get knocked out by Brisbane, and then surely wouldn’t get over Port but they did. Has their luck run out and is it a bridge too far to expect a repeat of their 2016 fairytale? I’m inclined to think so, but when you factor in the Demons notorious propensity to choke in big games when it matters then it makes for a difficult prediction. Should make for an interesting game, hopefully it won’t be a one sided bore fest whichever way it goes.

It's so hard to know what to expect from the Bulldogs today. Either a repeat of 2016 or a mirror image of GWS in 2019.

Wouldn't be surprised if they win, though. Their prelim was elite.

Hopefully a close game.

I'm not the type to actively root for player A or team B. I don't have 2nd teams, but neither of these teams offend me in any way. The Doggies got one a few years back, so if I was forced to pick a side then maybe Melbourne because they've waited longer but I'm not being forced so I'm just gonna enjoy what should be a great match.

Tipping the Demons by 11 points... think they can exploit the Dogs down forward, think the midfields are about even but Gawn has Melbourne slightly ahead and the Demons backline can do enough to control the Dogs down forward. Think it will be a great game though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final Grand Final 2021 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back