Grand Final captains

Remove this Banner Ad

I see what you`re thinking but I just try to pick the player from my 22 who I think will score the most. Pav firming up now that I hear Wakelin is out

I've done it a few times (picked same captain as opponent), when I've felt that my team was the better team - basically canceling out the captain. It kind of prevents you losing with a better team, when opponents captain fires and yours sucks... can't do it when it will be closer though!

That said I won't do it this week - I will find a balance maximum points and minimum risk somewhere... with 5 minutes to go until lockout :eek:.

I can buy any one player this week, am thinking of getting Priddis or Goodes, just for skipper duties.

Anyone think Goodes can keep this form up? I don't think he has scored this high (100+) for this many consecutive weeks (5?) ever. Could this be the off game?!

4 any1 considering the chad, dont. He always plays on the pav and his numbers are drastically reduced.

Even though he may play midfield now its more likely he will go down back 2 play on him without wakes there

Riewoldt's been great whenever i've had him cptn but his record agnst richmond whilst ok is suprisingly mediocre for him.
Steering clear of Chad and Corey.
Pav's been going gangbustsers and has a great record against Port....most will be going Pav i suspect.
Definitely sticking with Goodes in SC and tempted in DT also.

All the historical stats you need to know for this week:

Collingwood vs Adelaide
History says:
Edwards (111.8), Swan(111), Lockyer (107.3) , Goodwin (96.5), Thompson (91.8), H.Shaw (90)
(average in last 4 matches between the two clubs)
Smokey(s): Fraser (av 108 in last 3) [if fit/playing]

Richmond vs St.Kilda
History says:
Montagna (109.3), Hayes (101.7), Riewoldt (98.7), Bowden (92)*
(average in last 3 games between the clubs [4 games for Bowden])
*Bowden averages 98.5 in his last 15 games against St.Kilda
Smokey(s): Rob Harvey (96.3), Luke Ball (94.3), Tuck (90.5)

West Coast vs Essendon
History says:
*These teams tend not to produce high fantasy games overall, be warned*
Best bets are: Lucas (87.3), McPhee (83.8) or Selwood (83)
(av in last 3 games btwn clubs)
Smokey(s): Hird (87.3 in last 19 games against WC)

Geelong vs Brisbane
History says:
Luke Power (100.7), Ablett (95.7), Corey,Bartel,Milburn (95 each), Chapman (89.8) are good bets, as is Nigel Lappin (av 96.6 over last 14 games)
(av in last 4 games)

Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
History says:
Kornes (104.3), Pavlich (99) are the best bets, also Bell [88.1 in last 9]
Smokies: Haselby[dare I mention him] (av 96 in last 4), J.Carr (92.5 in last 4)
(av in last 4 games)

Sydney vs Hawthorn
History says:
Goodes (100), Kirk (86.5) are the only decent performers
(average in last 4 games between the two teams)
Smokies: Crawford (89.5), Hall (84.3)

Western Bulldogs vs Kangaroos
History says:
Gia (106.7/3), B.Harvey (103), Cojo (93.5), Boyd (88.3) are the best performers
Smokey: Simpson (av 88.1 in last 15)
(av in last 4 games)

Melbourne vs Carlton
History says:
JMac (100) [playing?], White (90.3), Carazzo (81)
Smokies: Matthew Lappin (97), Fevola (90.7/3) [playing?]

**Disclaimer**
Historical statistics only - does not account for current form of respective players (in case you didn't already figure that out :rolleyes:)
**Disclaimer**
For more stats go to www.finalsiren.com or www.fanfooty.com.au
Good luck to all the Grand Final coaches this weekend :thumbsu:

-Beau_Waters for PM

With Bartel now gone, I'm not sure whether to go K.Cornes, Pav, Chapman, Ablett, Cox, Hayes or JB. Lappin, West, Johnson and Adcock are in the back of my mind too.

Huge decision!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't decide between C.Cornes and Goodwin in S.C.

Goodwin always gets tagged ... who will tag him from the pies??

Cornes would have been back to his 130+ last week if it was not for the clangers.

Any advice?

just a word of warning for those considering Riewoldt. he's been getting massive scores since the mid season break with only 3 games below 100. those 3 games have something in common, they're the only 3 games the saints have played away from telstra dome. saints are at the MCG this week so beware.

and there's the chance he may get ridiculous supply as his team tries to will him to the Coleman!..quote]

Definately thinking Pav for this reason...although it is only an individual honour, I am sure it is something the whole club would like to see him take out...

I think PAV as captain could be a good bet...not to mention recent form.

Otherwise, Riewoldt is always an option, although, I don't like putting someone who is playing against my team as captain.

just a word of warning for those considering Riewoldt. he's been getting massive scores since the mid season break with only 3 games below 100. those 3 games have something in common, they're the only 3 games the saints have played away from telstra dome. saints are at the MCG this week so beware.

He is playing against Richmond no one will be able to keep up with him unless they play Richo on him.

He did kick around 10 goals against Carlton a couple of years ago at the MCG

He is playing against Richmond no one will be able to keep up with him unless they play Richo on him.

He did kick around 10 goals against Carlton a couple of years ago at the MCG

Thursfield did a good job on him a while back.. a very good job.
Until he tore his ACL later in the game.. then Riewoldt managed to kick a few :eek:

Massive Factor right there, good spot. I want Riewoldt to do well but at the same time, my opponent doesnt have Kornes and this is a chance to possibly/hopefully get an upperhand on him.

May lean me towards Kornes against Freo (J Carr, H Black out). With only Crowley looking a likely tag for him if Freo went that way or Kornes would even take Bell on (Corey last week after Mitchell the week before etc).

For people who know stats. Kornes vs Freo earlier this year was 94.
Was he tagging anyone closely? Was the fact it at subi a reason why it was below 100? Does he perform better at home on Aami Stadium in the nightime games? Stats to back it up would be great help.

Thanks
AdamG03

Who's most likely to play on Riewoldt? Thursfield?? not sure if roo can bring in huge scores from the G....

Put his cousin on him :thumbsu:

Thusfield or Bowden will get first crack.

If not they will try Moore or McGuane.

Bugger it, just play all 4 on him. I reckon the G Train could fire. Either him or Riewoldt will, can't keep both quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Back