Grand Final Rematch: Hawthorn vs Fremantle - Who will win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best offense against the best defense. The Hawks will be missing a number of starting best 22 players, while Fremantle on the other hand are almost close to full strength and are in better much form and have been rock solid in defense conceding 46 and 39 points respectively and that's one area in which they hold and advantage over the Hawks. The Hawks haven't been convincing just yet, having conceded a 33 point half time lead to Essendon. Although the Dockers are coming off a 6 day break, they will fancy their chances next week. The winner of this game will deservedly be Premiership favourites for this year.

Who will win this game?

The best offense against the best defense. The Hawks will be missing a number of starting best 22 players, while Fremantle on the other hand are almost close to full strength and are in better much form and have been rock solid in defense conceding 46 and 39 points respectively and that's one area in which they hold and advantage over the Hawks. The Hawks haven't been convincing just yet, having conceded a 33 point half time lead to Essendon. Although the Dockers are coming off a 6 day break, they will fancy their chances next week. The winner of this game will deservedly be Premiership favourites for this year.

Who will win this game?
Freo will destroy them

Form and injury wise we have a lot of improvement left. I doubt we'll be playing anywhere near our best footy against Freo, at stages maybe. 20-30 point loss, but it's form at end of the year that counts so I'm not too worried.

With our depleted stock, Freo on paper. We'll be underdogs. I'm amazed the betting odds are still in our favour.

However, I have a feeling we can pull off a shock win...we have a cracking record against Freo...

With our depleted stock, Freo on paper. We'll be underdogs. I'm amazed the betting odds are still in our favour.

However, I have a feeling we can pull off a shock win...we have a cracking record against Freo...

If we happen to win this match somehow, I wouldn't be surprised at all as we do perform very well at the MCG, probably better then any other team there. The Dockers will go in as favourites and deservedly so, as they've been convincing in both games and Sandilands looks to be injury free and his impact in the first two games has been immense and this gives Fremantle the edge. But still anything can happen.

Last edited:
Freo are still looking a bit fumbly but should continue to improve as we work into som form. So I reckon the Hawks, who are up and about, will take this round.

Freo by a whisker given the hawks injuries. The game is more important for us to get the monkey of losing to the hawks off our backs in general, not just as a GF rematch. We'll need to know we can beat them should we head into finals and need to win one of the two games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one to call. Freo coming off a 6 day break, and travelling, and played a tough game in the wet; hawks missing hodge and mitchell(?), but freo still missing z Clarke and ibbotson - not as important outs but def best 18 when fit. Oh and it's at the G which is also in hawks favour. I'm obviously hoping freo but will probably tip hawks.

Am going to go Freo. Hawks have a few injury concerns and the dockers are in peak form. Very hard to split but from watching rd 1 Freo actually looked to have a bit extra so reckon they can go 3-0 and be the clubhouse leader so to speak.

I think we can win, I guess the best time to get the hawks is now with Mitchell, Hodge, Lake and others out. The monkey will grow into a gorilla if we can't get the win.

Hawks have a few important outs, but our 6-day break with travel after a hard slog in the wet evens the two teams out considerably. It will hopefully be close, but the team who plays to the conditions well and mentally hangs tough will win.

I would love for that team to be Fremantle, but I still think the Hawks will best us, only just. They've always matched up well against us, and our forward line is still finding its feet. Plus, a couple of clouds hanging over our dangerous smalls (Ballas, Walters) from last night.

Freo are looking ominous atm and Hawks have a few important outs so Freo to beat them quite comfortably.

Don't like to place a bet a week before the match or before teams are named, but Fremantle @2.15 was worth a punt. I doubt they'll be at those odds in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back