Grand Final Rematch: Hawthorn vs Fremantle - Who will win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an extra day's rest but that's countered by the fact that we had a very tough, hard encounter and we'll be banged up from that. Freo had a RELATIVELY cruisy game.

It might seem that way from the scoreboard. But if you watched the game and saw the bodies smacking into each other left, right and centre in the wet... its hard to see how you could call that cruisy.

Wasn't just collision stuff either... Walters and McPharlin both rolled ankles in the slippery conditions as well, but went back on after getting strapped up.

I don't think Freo will be feeling any better physically than the Hawks come match-day. If anything, I think they'll be a little sorer. Won't matter in the end, both great teams and the players will just get on with their jobs regardless.

Who are Freo missing?

We have a few players coming back from injury who were generally best 22 last year, Clarke, Ibbotson, C Pearce & Griffin. However I think the first 3 are now available but not match fit so not sure if they will be selected. Several players were involved in incidents v gold coast, most worryingly walters, and we will have to see how they pull up. We have other players injured who probably aren't best 22. Gumbleton is also not available but we never got to see him selected during the season proper to know if the coaches consider him best 22, though through the preseason it seemed they did. Clarke is probably even chances to be selected this week, maybe Ibbo too.

I think Hawks should be favorites at the 'G, suits their passing game better than our pressing game imo. They have significant outs but the players who have come in seem not to have missed a beat, and I honestly don't think Freo have hit their straps yet.

The best offense against the best defense. The Hawks will be missing a number of starting best 22 players, while Fremantle on the other hand are almost close to full strength and are in better much form and have been rock solid in defense conceding 46 and 39 points respectively and that's one area in which they hold and advantage over the Hawks. The Hawks haven't been convincing just yet, having conceded a 33 point half time lead to Essendon. Although the Dockers are coming off a 6 day break, they will fancy their chances next week. The winner of this game will deservedly be Premiership favourites for this year.

Who will win this game?

I was told that Ballentine and Crowley made a pact to never lose to the Hawks again, so .... Freo.

Lol. That was last year...

The fact is that you've lost your best player, and Roughy showed signs the other night that he can't cope with that. No need to get so cut over a legitimate opinion.
Get cut? What are you 12?
We will probably lose this week. Don't worry we will annihilate your team in a few weeks time

Freo are still looking a bit fumbly but should continue to improve as we work into som form. So I reckon the Hawks, who are up and about, will take this round.
You were very fumbly last night, although the extremely wet conditions didn't help. I think we'll win by 10 points, we have an outstanding record against Freo and will be extremely hard to beat at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The usual suspects, mundy, fyfe, barlow continue to perform at an extremely high standard and fri night will be no different. M Johnson seems fit after carrying a calf injury into the gf. But i'm licking my lips at the prospect of seeing pearce, hannath, Sheridan, Ballantyne, suban, dawson, Sutcliffe, spurr on the MCG.

Hopefully sandi can emulate his performance in the gf. I'll never forget that lace out tap straight down the throat of breust for the sealer in the final qtr. He contributed to one of Hawthorns great grand final moments. Fond memories.

Cross the Nullabor by train, from Adelaide to Melb by bus, then another bus from the hotel to the MCG, I am taking it all in stride that it will be a lengthy
head game with a few minutes spare to game time.

With ins and outs well who knows if the Dockers can trash the Hawks game this time.

Pardon me for ruminating the Hawks to win. ;)

We're missing too many key personnel, Freo by about 3-4 goals. Wouldn't be upset nor surprised if the Dockers took out the whole thing this year, it's about time they gave something back to the fans and they're looking pretty scary.

But i'm licking my lips at the prospect of seeing pearce, hannath, Sheridan, Ballantyne, suban, dawson, Sutcliffe, spurr on the MCG.

Seeing them on the MCG again you mean? All of those guys played in the GF except for Hannath and Sheridan?

The usual suspects, mundy, fyfe, barlow continue to perform at an extremely high standard and fri night will be no different. M Johnson seems fit after carrying a calf injury into the gf. But i'm licking my lips at the prospect of seeing pearce, hannath, Sheridan, Ballantyne, suban, dawson, Sutcliffe, spurr on the MCG.

Hopefully sandi can emulate his performance in the gf. I'll never forget that lace out tap straight down the throat of breust for the sealer in the final qtr. He contributed to one of Hawthorns great grand final moments. Fond memories.

The way Sandilands is playing (58 hitouts, 21 to advantage last night), he will destroy McEnvoy and Hale and give Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow first use of the ball.

Even if he is, Crowley will most likely negate his influence anyway.
It means he can't negate someone else's influence.

At least this week undersized backline won't have to worry too much about height in the Freo forward line. If both Mitchell and Hodge are available I would give us a good chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back