Mod. Notice Grand Final Ticket Thread - Need one? Got one? Selling one? (no scalping permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a corporate ticket to the grand final before last week's prelim win over Geelong as didn't want to miss seeing the game live having been overseas on holidays when we won in 2017.

I have since been given a ticket by one of my best mates and are now hoping to sell the ticket.

I am negotiable on price, not expecting to receive face value.

Please PM me if you're interested

I bought a corporate ticket to the grand final before last week's prelim win over Geelong as didn't want to miss seeing the game live having been overseas on holidays when we won in 2017.

I have since been given a ticket by one of my best mates and are now hoping to sell the ticket.

I am negotiable on price, not expecting to receive face value.

Please PM me if you're interested

Wonder how many the GWS members bought. Not buying the 15K figure the Age has published.

Considering the second sale went through all the tigers who missed the ballot and was then opened to 7 year plus members im guessing 10k max prob closer to 5

There was around 3600 tigers who missed the ballot at an average of 2.5 tickets per registration and there was still tickets after they had a go

Wonder how many the GWS members bought. Not buying the 15K figure the Age has published.

which article did you get 15k from? only discussion I saw was this one:

The AFL allocated about 17,000 tickets to each club, with the remainder of the MCG's 100,000-seat capacity split between corporates, MCC members and AFL members.

GWS had 30,000 members eligible to buy tickets but it is believed more than half forfeited that right, leaving thousands left over for eligible Tigers members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which article did you get 15k from? only discussion I saw was this one:

The AFL allocated about 17,000 tickets to each club, with the remainder of the MCG's 100,000-seat capacity split between corporates, MCC members and AFL members.

GWS had 30,000 members eligible to buy tickets but it is believed more than half forfeited that right, leaving thousands left over for eligible Tigers members.

The guy who said he had been a member for 20 years and was angry at missing out what was he doing yesterday... everyone got tickets

Or the 'die hard' angry because she isnt a gold member so didn't qualify but should have gotten one because she is a die hard....

I post this every year. If you score a grand final ticket and feel that you must display it on social media, make sure the barcode isn't visible. Someone could copy the barcode and get in before you.
Keep in mind that you are also telling people that your house will be empty during the GF.

If someone's thick enough to literally photograph their ticket, barcode and all, and then proceed to post it online, then I have my doubts whether said person would have enough nous to even find the MCG on the day. Nor would I have an easy time finding some sympathy for them if they get scammed out of a seat.

Staggeringly does happen though.

The guy who said he had been a member for 20 years and was angry at missing out what was he doing yesterday... everyone got tickets

Or the 'die hard' angry because she isnt a gold member so didn't qualify but should have gotten one because she is a die hard....

You mod the tigs board so you know the math on this. When you divide 17k (or even 25k) into 103k, the reality is a lot of die hard long term members will be ****ed come finals time.

All big clubs now have to figure out how to manage this expectation of disappointment. Just with Richmond, gf guarantee, coteries, and 25yr+ members pretty much take 100% of our allocation now. It will be similar for others. They need to make it really clear to all other members signing on this is an entitlement they will have to wait for.

You mod the tigs board so you know the math on this. When you divide 17k (or even 25k) into 103k, the reality is a lot of die hard long term members will be f’ed come finals time.

All big clubs now have to figure out how to manage this expectation of disappointment. Just with Richmond, gf guarantee, coteries, and 25yr+ members pretty much take 100% of our allocation now. It will be similar for others. They need to make it really clear to all other members signing on this is an entitlement they will have to wait for.

Tickets went down to 7 year members yesterday, if you were a 20 year member you have no excuses for missing out

And in regards to die hards, how die hard are you really if you aren't a member...

I post this every year. If you score a grand final ticket and feel that you must display it on social media, make sure the barcode isn't visible. Someone could copy the barcode and get in before you.
Keep in mind that you are also telling people that your house will be empty during the GF.

I agree.

For anyone that was planning to, please send me a picture of the front and back of your credit card. I need it for research purposes.

Last edited:
Tickets went down to 7 year members yesterday, if you were a 20 year member you have no excuses for missing out

And in regards to die hards, how die hard are you really if you aren't a member...

some peeps miss years when broke, OS, dealing with illness, etc. Most fixed it during our amnesty some time ago, but I know a lot of people misunderstood what it meant (some thought it was just a cash grab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Grand Final Ticket Thread - Need one? Got one? Selling one? (no scalping permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back