Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect they restrict the number of upgrades. May not have needed to apply a cap on it up to now, but with Harbour Masters having access to 2 tickets per membership, they can't sell 14,000 upgrades.

What's got me worried is that we have a priority 1 registration for 3 tx and the box saying best available including standing room was ticked. I'm terrified now that we will end up with $400 standing room tx.

I called the club about this and priority 1 guarantees you a seat no matter which option you picked.

I am shitting bricks about my chances of getting a ticket now (provided we win).

I stupidly thought we wouldn't fill our quota, so ticked the seating only option.

:oops:

Very surprised there were so many priority 1.

it's all academic now Stronzo.
The ballot was oversubscribed by 6000. Your chances are basically the same as with ticking the other box including standing.

I stupidly thought we wouldn't fill our quota, so ticked the seating only option.

:oops:
http://www.mcg.org.au/The MCG Stadium/Facts and Figures.aspx

Stadium Capacity
The total capacity of the MCG is approximately 100,000.

This comprises 95,000 seats and 5000 standing room spaces, which are sold at the discretion of the event promoter.

However, the realistic capacity for most events is usually between 98,000 and 99,000 as often not all standing room tickets are placed on sale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL should increase the WA quota as much as possible to even allow the Eagles members to participate in the Dockers Grand Final:
(1) the airlines will benefit
(2) the Victorian tourism will benefit
(3) the WA statesmen will benefit

The AFL should increase the WA quota as much as possible to even allow the Eagles members to participate in the Dockers Grand Final:

Which all means it wont happen because the AFL wont benefit :)

Why on earth would they do that? If even one Freo member missed out on a ticket because a West coast fan got to go it would be a travesty. As it is I'm disgusted that only 15000 members from each side get to go.

Don't discount standing room. I've been to the grand final in standing room and had a very pleasant time. Lots of bonding and banter. They limit the spots in each area and it's not so uncomfortable. Much Better view than being right up the top. Generally people sort out their 'spot' and make room for each other. Not suited to littlies and the elderly though.

Those who don't have Priority One, ballot falls through or your flights yet?
It's 3,500 for a package incl roundtrip flights, functions (esp. "A gourmet brunch and selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages" :)) , Gold ticket and accomm.
http://www.afleventoffice.com.au/2013_perth_flights.asp

Geez they must look forward to this event every year! Imagine after next Sat.'s amazing Prelim atmosphere and is done and dusted, these packages may be snapped up.

Be interesting to see how much the gf upgrade goes up to next year, used to be $15 and pretty sure geelongs went up to well over $100 at one point, plus a smaller amount to be on a waitlist. IF we make the gf it'll be a hard call if we keep our upgrades or not, if we get there this year we certainly won't be able to do it again straight away but it's always nice to know it's an option.

I've never been to the MCG in standing room, but it sounds OK to me if you get there early and get a front row spot. Would be much better than getting a seat behind the goals and being in the lower half of the bay.

If you were on the wing (which admittedly won't happen due to MCC/AFL members), the standing room spot at the back of the lower tier is almost the ideal spot to watch a game of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Grand Final Tickets - ALL TICKETING QUERIES IN HERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back