Official Club Stuff Grand Final Tickets - Buy/Sell/Swap

Remove this Banner Ad

Right. I'm a Giants fan in Melbourne that hasn't been organised enough to become a member so I can't access tickets

Please help me as it's my lifelong dream to go to the Grand Final and cheer on the Tigers I mean Giants

I've just joined Big Footy so I can get tickets I mean spend time on this site chatting about my love of GWS

Edit: Whoops I forgot to log out of my usual account> Meant to use the news GSW account I set up yesterday
Haha lol

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Right. I'm a Giants fan in Melbourne that hasn't been organised enough to become a member so I can't access tickets

Please help me as it's my lifelong dream to go to the Grand Final and cheer on the Tigers I mean Giants

I've just joined Big Footy so I can get tickets I mean spend time on this site chatting about my love of GWS

Edit: Whoops I forgot to log out of my usual account> Meant to use the news GSW account I set up yesterday

Good gags and valid cynicism. However, there's also people who are genuine and didn't even know what BigFooty was a couple of days ago hence making it a legitimate way of trying their luck.
No need to tar everyone with the same brush, ps. I wouldn't wear yellow and black on Saturday even if you gave me 10xCategory one tickets and $100k!! ;)

Good gags and valid cynicism. However, there's also people who are genuine and didn't even know what BigFooty was a couple of days ago hence making it a legitimate way of trying their luck.
No need to tar everyone with the same brush, ps. I wouldn't wear yellow and black on Saturday even if you gave me 10xCategory one tickets and $100k!! ;)
Well - you are making all the right noises...
Richmond supporters are like so many dead leaves on the ground.
GWS supporters are precious (orange) orchids so we are protective.

Yep - fair enough. Trying to give some perspective on others' situations rather than just be told we've got no hope because a Hawks supporter thinks we're typing from Swan St whilst sipping coffee out of our Trent Cotchin mug..

Understood, I would be too, but as GWSChelsea said, no need to tar everyone with that brush. Just trying every avenue to get tickets...

I'm hearing rumours around the office this morning that they may release some tickets publicly tomorrow, so might have a chance there. FWIW, a shot from the ground on sat (with youngster in left of shot)...

On my way to the 2014 Grand Final there were some little girls selling team themed cupcakes next to the station. I said I'd buy all the Sydney Swans ones they had on display and any more they had under the table if they promised not to restock the table with any more Swans ones - I didn't even want the cupcakes - they could keep them and eat them the next day. One of the girls ran over to her mum and checked and we had a deal!!

I can tell you're proud of that story and I bet you've told it 100 times, but do you realise how you come across? Some little girls selling cupcakes who were providing for everyone, including the Swans fans who were the minority, a great example of inclusivity, and you've left them with the message that someone with a bias and power (in this case money) can put an end to that inclusivity. Great work.

Good thing it's not Hawks vs GWS as I don't think the GWS fans would appreciate your lack of sportsmanship.

Understood, I would be too, but as GWSChelsea said, no need to tar everyone with that brush. Just trying every avenue to get tickets...

I'm hearing rumours around the office this morning that they may release some tickets publicly tomorrow, so might have a chance there. FWIW, a shot from the ground on sat (with youngster in left of shot)...

View attachment 751384

I am going to vouch for Giant_in_VIC who is a mate of mine and as keen a Giants fan as they get. As you will see from my profile I am a long time Bigfooty member (although not a regular contributor). Alas my Cats fell apart on Friday night so I'm happy to jump on the GWS bandwagon!

It's always a chaotic Monday vying for tickets and I think it is right to be wary but for what it is worth if you have tickets then in this case you can be sure they are going to real Giants fans.

I am going to vouch for Giant_in_VIC who is a mate of mine and as keen a Giants fan as they get. As you will see from my profile I am a long time Bigfooty member (although not a regular contributor). Alas my Cats fell apart on Friday night so I'm happy to jump on the GWS bandwagon!

It's always a chaotic Monday vying for tickets and I think it is right to be wary but for what it is worth if you have tickets then in this case you can be sure they are going to real Giants fans.
I like the way Snrub thinks

I can tell you're proud of that story and I bet you've told it 100 times, but do you realise how you come across? Some little girls selling cupcakes who were providing for everyone, including the Swans fans who were the minority, a great example of inclusivity, and you've left them with the message that someone with a bias and power (in this case money) can put an end to that inclusivity. Great work.

Good thing it's not Hawks vs GWS as I don't think the GWS fans would appreciate your lack of sportsmanship.
I'd forgotten that story actually - first time I think it's been told on Big Footy

The girls were delighted - someone literally bought half their cupcakes and then gave them back to them so the girls could then eat them the next day

if you Tigers fans were showing real sportsmanship you wouldn't be trying to take tickets out of the GWS allocation to use for Tigers fans. Or why don't you show the sort of real sportsmanship you surely aspire to and once you've acquired 2 tickets, find a GWS fan who can't afford to go to the Grand Final and give them the tickets - the Giants could use more support at the game

I like the way Snrub thinks
Snrub has an amazing posting history - in 10 years of time on Big Footy has made more than 50% of their posts in Grand Final tickets threads

Surely this is a unique record

Fair to say I’m pretty gutted about not being there Saturday. Crows member for years and missed out in 2017. And as most would know I love this club and was a GWS member in 2017/18 but stupidly didn’t renew this year. Absolutely kicking myself and feeling pretty flat because of it. Beyond excited that the Giants are in the GF and can’t wait to hear all the stories. Cheer hard, and let’s do this!!

Ok decision made.

I'm going. Will be on the computer at 3pm to hopefully get tickets. Wish me luck.

Even got the better half to agree to the bus ride.

You may want to book your bus now. When I used to travel between Sydney and Melbourne, it didn't take much for the train to book out, and the buses were not far behind. And this was during regular times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may want to book your bus now. When I used to travel between Sydney and Melbourne, it didn't take much for the train to book out, and the buses were not far behind. And this was during regular times.
Spoke to the club and they won't be booking buses until tomorrow when they have the final numbers. Good move by the club.

Spoke to the club and they won't be booking buses until tomorrow when they have the final numbers. Good move by the club.

That's much easier. People don't realise how few buses still do the run these days

The more true fans/die hards at the grand final the better I say! Tigers have many more fans/members than the GWS as they have been a club for well over a 100 years than GWS. One day GWS will have more members that want to go to the grand final than there are tickets for them. If GWS fans help Tiger fans out than I'm sure some of them won't ever forget it! Possibly one day some Tigers could help out GWS members/fan with tickets. Of course GWS members should help out there fans before any tigers. I hate the thought of people giving a baracode or selling tickets to any team that isn't playing in the grand final. I'm not after any grand final tickets. Bring on Saturday!!

The more true fans/die hards at the grand final the better I say! Tigers have many more fans/members than the GWS as they have been a club for well over a 100 years than GWS. One day GWS will have more members that want to go to the grand final than there are tickets for them. If GWS fans help Tiger fans out than I'm sure some of them won't ever forget it! Possibly one day some Tigers could help out GWS members/fan with tickets. Of course GWS members should help out there fans before any tigers. I hate the thought of people giving a baracode or selling tickets to any team that isn't playing in the grand final. I'm not after any grand final tickets. Bring on Saturday!!
Or just as easily the Giants fans can use their memberships 1st this arvo and then any left overs can go to Tigers members tomorrow.

If you are a real Giants fan then IMO
if you Tigers fans were showing real sportsmanship
the sort of real sportsmanship you surely aspire to

You sure seem to know a lot about what's 'real'.

The irony of you telling us not to try and take allocation away from the opposition after your little cupcake story is just... it's cringeworthy. And it's already been stated in this thread and agreed that we're not trying to take a cupcake away from the opposition we're saying if there are any left after all GWS fans are looked after we'd appreciate the opportunity. It comes from desperation and it's a simple concept that doesnt contain any hate or trickery no matter how hard your sarcasm tries to push it that way.

At least that's what I think. I can't speak for all tigers members. Some may be of the same cupcake buy up mentality as you. That is a sentence I did not expect to write today...

I think the way the unsold ballot allocation is being handled is good. It's allowing GWS members who weren't in the ballot to have the first crack and if any are left tigers members get another chance. Good luck to GWS and Tigers fans alike.

Firstly, I’m a Giants QLD member. I’m not active on the board but am a passionate member (see my previous few posts). I’ll be putting in for a ticket this afternoon. Already got my flights and accommodation sorted.

But, I’d like to take my family along. I got my girls (2 daughters and wife) into the footy and they are Lions supporters. But would love to take them all to the big dance so I can embarrass them by balling my eyes out when we get up.

I see others are asking for spare/unused barcodes Giants members might have so as to get some seats together so thought I might as well give it a try. Happy to talk over the phone to verify that I’m legit.

Regardless, I’ll be there.

Go the mighty Giants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You sure seem to know a lot about what's 'real'.

The irony of you telling us not to try and take allocation away from the opposition after your little cupcake story is just... it's cringeworthy. And it's already been stated in this thread and agreed that we're not trying to take a cupcake away from the opposition we're saying if there are any left after all GWS fans are looked after we'd appreciate the opportunity. It comes from desperation and it's a simple concept that doesnt contain any hate or trickery no matter how hard your sarcasm tries to push it that way.

At least that's what I think. I can't speak for all tigers members. Some may be of the same cupcake buy up mentality as you. That is a sentence I did not expect to write today...

I think the way the unsold ballot allocation is being handled is good. It's allowing GWS members who weren't in the ballot to have the first crack and if any are left tigers members get another chance. Good luck to GWS and Tigers fans alike.

I can't imagine trying to buy tickets out of the Swans allocation in 2014 to give to Hawthorn supporters

Buying cupcakes, well that's another story

If you want to go into 7 eleven and buy all the Jaffas so they aren't stocking anything Orange then go right ahead

Anyway I look forward to you making you first post in a non ticket related thread on Big Footy

I don't know how many GWS tickets are left, but it would be good for genuine members to get first chance this afternoon.
Also to anyone thinking of giving their barcode away consider if you want Richmond supporters amongst the Giants bays

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Grand Final Tickets - Buy/Sell/Swap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back